Tougher to find veteran hunters for newbies - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Tougher to find veteran hunters for newbies

Veteran hunter never hunted the land that the newbie found on his gps.

Veteran hunter never took course in Tweet 101

If a veteran hunter is in a lease, the harvest of the newbie goes against his lease harvest.

If a veteran hunter carries a cell phone, it might be shut off while hunting.

A veteran hunter is more prone to hunt in silence.

A veteran hunter might not know where to use the newbies ATV.

One of them doesn't like to walk far.

The veteran hunter started hunting before cell phones and gps. The newbie in his lifetime only understands cell phones and gps'.

The veteran hunter doesn't understand why the newbie has to charge things every day.

The veteran hunter is bothered that the newbie talks so much, 100 yards away.

The newbie asks if the veteran hunter uses drones.

The veteran hunter can sit in a tree stand for four hours. The newbie gets bored after a half hour.

The veteran hunter asks why the newbie never took the shot at the eight point buck. Newbie was busy sending a tweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM

Re: Tougher to find veteran hunters for newbies

Veteran hunters will tough out the lean years hoping for the return of the "good ole days", many newbies will not still be hunting 15 years from now.

My ability to remember lyrics from songs of the 60's far exceed my ability to remember why I walked into the kitchen
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Newbie receives a wireless trail cam image on his smartphone of one of his target bucks heading from the veterans property next door. Newbie puts down his Ipad, grabs his bow, slips on a fresh pair of Nikes and runs out the back door to intercept the buck. Knowing full well that the buck would slide through the varies hinge cut funnels the newbie positions himself downwind and arrows the buck as it slips through his backyard.

Later that evening the veteran neighbor greets the now tired and worn out newbie. "That's quite a dandy buck you have there," the veteran expressed to the newbie as he hoists the buck up into the rafters. "I owe it all to you. If it wasn't for you predictable old veterans I may have had to do some scouting but you bumped him right to me just as planned," said the newbie as he grinned ear to ear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBlaster
Newbie receives a wireless trail cam image on his smartphone of one of his target bucks heading from the veterans property next door. Newbie puts down his Ipad, grabs his bow, slips on a fresh pair of Nikes and runs out the back door to intercept the buck. Knowing full well that the buck would slide through the varies hinge cut funnels the newbie positions himself downwind and arrows the buck as it slips through his backyard.

Later that evening the veteran neighbor greets the now tired and worn out newbie. "That's quite a dandy buck you have there," the veteran expressed to the newbie as he hoists the buck up into the rafters. "I owe it all to you. If it wasn't for you predictable old veterans I may have had to do some scouting but you bumped him right to me just as planned," said the newbie as he grinned ear to ear.
AND, Newbie just ILLEGALLY killed a dandy buck!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 01:19 PM

This post is pure garbage. You had to throw in something about ATVs too just for good measure. I'd also like to venture that if your in the woods without a phone your the minority these days. Trying to pigeonhole all youth in a post is quite foolish if you ask me. I'd consider myself to be youthful at early thirties. I know this. I sit way more hours in the woods way farther in than veterans. I guess your veteran ways are now the rule of thumb. I was always taught to learn from the past and adapt. Which I do year after year. I have trail cams. I have food plots. What makes you any more a hunter for being older? Please justify that. Cause you had hand me down boots? Gun? So what. My father never took me hunting one day. I still dove right in. Got the things I needed. I can tell you I hunt harder than most. It may be as foolish as your post but I bet I'd walk the skin off your heels backwards any day of the week. Post like yours only stand to divide hunters. Period. Your pitting hunters against hunters. Who's better? That's what you want right? Spare me the I was just reminiscing about the old days. Your trying to look down on us new hunters. I take offense to your whole post. I'm done here trying to make any valid point. I know its falling on deaf ears. Things must be slow in Georgia to be bringing your comedy act to PA.

QDMA LIFE MEMBER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page