The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Game camera stolen

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  bohunr 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is the right forum for this. I have a camp in West Keating Township Clinton County. Sometime in May one of my game cameras was removed from my property. I am attaching photos of some individuals who were on my property that I do not know. Any help identifying these individuals would be appreciated.

Thank You!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Good advice. I put one on the property line last year where the leased property is above the farm. Had another camera up above eye level and have 5 good pictures of the clowns that stole it. A $50 camera is money well spent when we get them for baiting . We have a good friend who happens to be a game warden who is watching them. He said it'll be a felony when he gets them.

#11 ·
If they had spotted that camera it would be gone too.....

I honestly don't think most of these guys are out looking for stuff to steal. They have no regard for other peoples property in general, figure nobody is around so lets scout some turkeys or turkey hunt like the 2nd guy.....They don't want you knowing anybody has been in there and stealing a camera is a surefire giveaway, so the sneaky "hunters" aren't out to steal anything except your opportunities while you aren't there.

It's when they know their picture has been taken that cameras disappear. They don't want you having that picture as evidence.

The suggestion of dummy cameras and more hidden or higher ones is good. More posters, purple paint,..... maybe some signs that say posted and patrolled, or video in use.
Something new that they would recognize as new and maybe be a deterrent.

The other thing to consider.....given the evidence of trespassing it's probably people, but another possibility is a bear. We thought we had 2 cameras stolen a couple seasons ago. Found one in the woods 100yds away 3 seasons later! Camera was dead but it was still watertight and the card was good.
The last 3 pics were a bear approaching, a wide open bear mouth, the camera in the bears mouth and then a million pictures of the trees and sky until the battery died LOL

#12 ·
Two things. One you have a trespasser problem. Two your treestand is gonna be the next thing they take. I've had a treestand and game camera stolen from me. In my opinion guys that do this are no different than people who steal from stores and people's homes. They need taught a lesson.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.