The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Japanese Stiltgrass

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mike3888 
#1 ·
This is the one that grows along the ground, about 1 - 2 ft.high, somewhat like crown vetch. Not the one that grows 5 - 6 ft. high, generally along water.
So, how do you stop it AND get rid of it? Yes, I've read all of the information online how to get rid of it, I've done it, but it always comes back. Seeds can live for 7 years in the soil. If you get it in your clover patch next to pines.... say goodby to the clover. Grrrr...........

#2 ·
It might be just me, but seems it is a lot more prevalent nowadays, especially in recently logged out areas.
I think it is probably choking out the native plants. That’s all you see, much like multi flora rose.

#7 ·
WoW, I'm glad I'm not the only one, but not that I'd wish this on anyone. Yes, if we could convince the deer to eat it!! It just grows so fast, covers an area so fast it's unbelievable. I lost one great location/clover patch, I don't want to loose another.
If WE find anything that seems to work, we sure need to share it here with our brothers!

#9 ·
What I do is weed wack it when it is 6 to 8 inches tall, I did this every time it was 6 to 8 inches tall again all summer long.seems to help as the seeds dont make it to maturity. I will see soon if that worked.
Dont like it all all. I also called ortho and they have no spray that kills it. Boo Hoo

Good luck, Stant

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.