**ALERT**Small Game On Sundays - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 30Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-27-2020, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

**ALERT**Small Game On Sundays

As many of you know it is apparent that the PGC is NOT currently planning on having small game being legal on the archery deer and bear Sundays from the preliminary seasons that were just approved. Someone sent me this from Mary Hosmer who I guess is connected with RGS and PFSC who both are working on this. It is time to send in your comments. They are asking people to also copy the PFSC at [email protected] when you send it to the PGC. Sounds like they are making headway on this!!

Folks - Just received more info on the tentative decision to not allow Sunday hunting for small game hunters during the two Sundays (archery deer and bear) when the small game seasons are actually in. The PGC is collecting comments we are sending in AND they will be scheduling a meeting with some legislator(s) to go over comments we (us small game hunters) are sending in. So, we are already making a difference! Send your comments (short, polite) supporting small game hunters on the two Sundays to: [email protected] Also send direct to PA State Senator Dan Laughlin at [email protected]. And follow up with an email to your local state representative and state senator. They need to hear from us. Thank them for the positive changes they just made at last weekend's PGC Commissioners meeting, but let them know politely they missed the boat on the small game hunters during the two Sundays of archery deer and bear. Do it! Thanks, small game hunters! We can make a change if we all work together!
bohunr and SlickShot like this.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-27-2020, 08:41 PM

While they are meeting with them to discuss a bill that already passed which gave the PGC the ability to do what they want with three Sunday's, maybe the can say pretty please and ask the legislators to give their blessings to semi auto rifles for big game as well, even though that bill passed too!
Waynzee and flintlock hunter like this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-27-2020, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

It is silly not to have small game be in on those Sundays. Hopefully enough people get behind this to get it changed.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-27-2020, 10:36 PM
The Man

From the GC, their commissioners, our legiscriminals, and governor; all are a bunch or swamp wussies. They've all made it loud and clear, they'd rather screw over small game hunters than help retain numbers in our sport. I refuse to beg and grovel for something that should already have been passed.

Plenty of scouting and good habitat makes for a great hunt.

Jeff
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-27-2020, 10:48 PM
Frequent Contributor

Yeah this Sunday thing allowing Archery and Bear and can t small game hunt is so stupid,whats it going to hurt? nothing. Whats scary is the decision makers did nt even think about this issue!!
Danesdad likes this.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-27-2020, 11:42 PM
The Man

I have been thinking and saying this all along. 3 Sundays only will cause term oil and confusion.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-28-2020, 04:52 AM
Regular Visitor

I'm surprised the PGC and the politicians are not turning to the PA Farmers Bureau for instructions on how to act. I may be wrong but it seems to me this organization has decided the fates of Sunday Hunting, Semi Auto's, the need to have written permission slips, and who knows what else in the past. I can't understand the thought process that says Sunday hunting is ok, but only on 3 days.
Maybe someone could explain to me how this group can dictate what happens on SGL ,and more importantly, on my and other's private property. I fully appreciate that they can do whatever they want on their own property and I also think their power should end there.
Does their power come from the threat of posting their property ? If so the game commission has the power to deny any financial aid or any assistance when it comes to crop damage. I hate to use terminology that is so popular recently, but Quid Pro Quo goes both ways. I think that politicians that seem to do the bidding of the farmers should be put on notice that there are way more voting hunters than voting farmers.
Danesdad and Waynzee like this.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-28-2020, 08:32 AM
The Man

Im a non resident of course but feel I kind of knew my way around Pa. I always wondered why the farm bureau played in to this equation. Is it like a large lobby group?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-28-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater View Post
I have been thinking and saying this all along. 3 Sundays only will cause term oil and confusion.
Which is why, as a strong supporter of Sunday hunting, I opposed this bill when it got amended to three Sundays. The language in this bill is horrible and the sportsmans groups and some hunters couldn't snatch up the tiny bone that was thrown their way fast enough.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Unread 01-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Regular Visitor

What seems even more confusing to me about the Sunday hunting issue, and may result in illegal kills is the species specific Sunday hunting issue where bear/deer seasons overlap. You can shoot a deer on Sunday but not a bear. This is in general gun season for deer and the archery season Sunday in several WMUs. Maybe I am misreading the proposal though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in