Just got in from doing some small drives around the house. My uncle Hit a really nice buck at 11:15. It was a 30 yard broadside shot but the deer was beneath him. He was sitting on the ground ,but the deer was downhill from him. It was a complete pass-thru. I walked down to recover his bolt and didnít see any blood within 10-15 yards so we snuck out of there. My dilemma is the rain/snow weíre supposed to get. I would normally wait till tomorrow morning, but I donít know what to do because of the weather. I was thinking about going back in at 4 to take up the trail.
tough call- with the weather.... I believe I would give it some time, then go in a little later....., but before the rain comes and all sign is washed away. No blood at the spot of impact isn't a big deal, it can happen.... Id get a few guys and grid the area if you cannot find blood.
Sounds like a gut hit to me. I would not go back till tomorrow. Round up all the help you can get and find that deer. To great of a chance of bumping him if you go today, gut shot deer dont die in 4 hours.