requesting feedback: Cabela's MT050 bibs & parka - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

requesting feedback: Cabela's MT050 bibs & parka

Anyone have these? If so, would you mind sharing what you think of them? They're on sale starting Sunday for $100 off of each, which seems like a good deal. I've been eyeing a new cold weather setup, but even on sale this is a bigger ticket purchase for me ($400 total), so I'm worried about buyer's remorse. Thanks in advance for any help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 05:05 PM

I have the parka and pants. I've never been a bibs fan. They are warm enough that if I have my cabelas heavyweight grid thermals on I typically dont need anything else. When its bitter I'll throw on a fleece. Only downside is if you're walking to a stand you will get sweated up and that's bad news but they are breathable. I always walk in with just a breathable tshirt and the coat.
PAhunterMD likes this.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 05:13 PM

Very warm I bought them and used them once. I grab the iwom first before them for stand hunting. The Iwom or the Heater Body Suit are the warmest out for stand hunting. If I was going to just gun hunt I would by the Heater Body Suit for gun and archery the Iwom. JMO
PAhunterMD likes this.

I LOVE Hunting,Fishing, my Excalibur and that thing that makes men weak and starts wars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I have the parka and the pants. The pluses: they are very quiet and warm. The minuses: they are heavy and a bit bulky.

I wear them when I plan to sit in a stand all day when it’s below freezing. As mentioned above you either need to carry them (read bulky above) or really take your time.

While bulky I’m still able to shoot a bow in them. I’ve sat all day in them with temps in the upper teens/lower 20s with only a good baselayer and pants/ fleece top under them.

I would not recommend them if you plan on moving a lot through the day.
PAhunterMD likes this.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 05:58 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Is there a coupon code?

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaScoutSniper View Post
Is there a coupon code?
Not as far as I can tell. I got a mailer this week for their Christmas sale, December 15-24. They should be available at the sale price tomorrow.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for the input, folks! It appears the consensus is they're warm, but too warm for a long walk. I already don't walk in fully dressed, so I don't consider that a con. I'm sure it will be an upgrade from my current bibs and coat, but now I'm interested in the iWom!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 11:18 PM

hey fellas

along with warm clothing get the large hand warmers with adhesive. stick two on the inside front of your coat and two in the back. place the smaller hand warmers with adhesive inside your bibs. i also wear a knit hat with a small hand warmer stuck to the outside of that with a orange face cover pulled down over that.

i can sit all day and be toasty warm

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-14-2019, 11:42 PM
New Arrival

I'm fairly certain that I got a coupon in the mail recently that if you spend up to$500 you save $75. This is the deal they ruin every so often. I believe it's still good.
bohunr likes this.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 12-15-2019, 09:17 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Might cost you a little more, but I would also look at the First Lite Sanctuary bibs and jacket. I know the bibs were on sale for 260.00 over Black Friday and Cyber Monday and may go on sale again near Christmas.
bohunr likes this.

The older I get the better I was.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page