The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Last day

12K views 86 replies 61 participants last post by  good ole boy 
#1 ·
Who's headed out? Going with my younger brother in 2D. Hopefully we can get him a deer. Good luck everyone. Stay dry

#3 ·
Good luck to everyone going out. I was planning to head out to brave the rain for the last day, but the wife came down with a pretty bad cold yesterday afternoon which puts me on baby duty with our 6 month old son today. No big deal though as hanging out with my little guy is one of the few things I enjoy as much as being in the outdoors. I may be able to get out for a little bit later on but we will see how the day goes. For now I'll just be living vicariously through all your posts and waiting for the late season.

#4 ·
Might go for a walk later this morning....sitting hasn't been the answer, nor has being in the woods before daylight. Maybe try something different.

First time in 52 years I have not seen a deer in rifle season.

Hard to get fired up.

I always tell The Kid that "hunting isn't a job" but it feels like one this year......

#5 ·
Steady rain here in 2C, will give it a go since I am wide awake, try for a pistol doe until I had enough. Hunt the stand in the farthest corner of the son-in-laws farm, then still hunt back to the dry truck. Good luck and BE SAFE in the rain.

#6 ·
Raining good here in 2f. That’s alright, I’m gonna spend the day tip toeing around on the ANF looking for a buck. Heading out shortly. Good luck fellas. Double check those big does before you pull the trigger! Some of the big bucks are dropping antlers around here.

#9 ·
Sitting in my truck waiting for daylight here in 2C . No point getting wet before it’s light enough to shoot. Brought a change of clothes and will be still hunting all day. Maybe even shoot a doe if the mood strikes me. At least it will be quiet stalking through the woods unlike last Saturday.
Good luck guys.

#17 ·
Same here! Didn't make the 2 hour drive to my buddy's house in 3D last night because the whole day was supposed to be a wash out. Now the weatherman says it might start raining up there around noon! I would love to have a job making $1 million a year, be called an expert in my field and be wrong most of the time!

#16 ·
It’s pouring in my neck of Westmoreland County as I sit here in my stand waiting for a bit more light so I can begin still hunting through the timber. The radar does not bode well for any relief from the rain. I suppose one never knows so hope remains for a last day harvest. In 42 years of hunting I’ve never scored on the last day. Good luck.

#20 ·
Steady hard rain here. I still have two tags but i'm going to save them for flintlock. Ill head out here in another hour and do some short one man drives for my daughter. I hunted quite a few days this season and I saw only one other hunter. Just one. Incredible.

Reactions: limbhnger10
#23 ·
Decided to scrap my plans to go upstate after seeing the forecast. My kid brother talked me into going duck hunting this morning, which was definitely the better option, given the weather. I'll don the rain gear and go look for a buck this afternoon, against my better judgement.

#24 ·
If I had a tag left, I'd be out. good for you folks who are still after it and good luck. I just got back from taking a ride and saw very, very few trucks parked around anywhere, even the public land spots. This rain is going to save some deer today. Still, I saw 27 deer on my ride, many of them standing out in fields feeding.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.