The PGC is ruining my deer hunting - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 28Likes
  • 5 Post By Run2Catch
  • 2 Post By Danesdad
  • 3 Post By jjgeorge2
  • 4 Post By loridr
  • 5 Post By simoncool
  • 3 Post By BUGLE BOY
  • 1 Post By JMackanick
  • 2 Post By 410-er
  • 3 Post By Tony300wby
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Regular Member
 
Run2Catch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 1A, 1B, 2G & NY 9-J
Posts: 2,053
Back To Top
The PGC is ruining my deer hunting

This morning I was planning to meet up with a buddy to do a few slow pushes. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule to 2 because I'm butchering my wife and son's deer. I mean really...my kid already killed a nice buck and totally screwed over some grumpy old guy out of his deer, and now it's cutting into my time

Furthermore, I'm almost out of room in my freezer, so I'm not too ambitious about killing anything. Can't wait until rabbit season reopens.

Where do I send my letter of complaint?

Lake Effect Beagles
Remmy/Winnie/Queenie/Nellie/YooHoo/Bernice/Lucy
V.P. Presque Isle Beagle club
Run2Catch is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage
 
Danesdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Westmoreland county PA
Posts: 20,101
Back To Top
I blame Gary Alt.
Run2Catch and Pahack like this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Danesdad is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:56 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: SC
Posts: 327
Back To Top
You know how you can hover over the topics in the Recent Discussion window and it shows you the first sentence or two of the thread? Well this preview ended at "because I'm butchering my wife....." How could you not click on it to read the rest?😂😂
loridr, Run2Catch and Tony300wby like this.
jjgeorge2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 01:57 PM
Sage
 
Danesdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Westmoreland county PA
Posts: 20,101
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgeorge2 View Post
You know how you can hover over the topics in the Recent Discussion window and it shows you the first sentence or two of the thread? Well this preview ended at "because I'm butchering my wife....." How could you not click on it to read the rest?😂😂
That's what got me on this thread.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Danesdad is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 02:10 PM
The Man
 
loridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pa, Dauphin co
Posts: 7,593
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run2Catch View Post
This morning I was planning to meet up with a buddy to do a few slow pushes. Unfortunately, I had to reschedule to 2 because I'm butchering my wife and son's deer. I mean really...my kid already killed a nice buck and totally screwed over some grumpy old guy out of his deer, and now it's cutting into my time

Furthermore, I'm almost out of room in my freezer, so I'm not too ambitious about killing anything. Can't wait until rabbit season reopens.

Where do I send my letter of complaint?
I know, right?

If the PGC was really hunter friendly like they so claim... they would have a butcher assigned to each deer, who would cut and wrap it for the hunter right there in the field, saving said hunter the time and effort to either butcher or have butchered said deer. After all, as "money hungry" as the commission is, they certainly could afford this with their massive windfall profits.
loridr is online now  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 02:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 4,335
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
I know, right?

If the PGC was really hunter friendly like they so claim... they would have a butcher assigned to each deer, who would cut and wrap it for the hunter right there in the field, saving said hunter the time and effort to either butcher or have butchered said deer. After all, as "money hungry" as the commission is, they certainly could afford this with their massive windfall profits.
Next year the GC is just setting boxes of cut and wrapped venison in the woods. I know there are going to be a lot of guys complaining about the cuts they get....the burger vs. steak contingents will have at it!

Like a big Easter egg hunt!!!
simoncool is online now  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 02:39 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 2,437
Back To Top
Butchering deer? What deer?

In recent years my back hurts more from dragging heavier deer out, my wallet is lighter from taxidermy bills and I don’t have any more room in the freezer.

It’s really a shame...
loridr, Run2Catch and Tony300wby like this.
BUGLE BOY is online now  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 02:59 PM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shippensburg, pa
Posts: 689
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncool View Post
Next year the GC is just setting boxes of cut and wrapped venison in the woods. I know there are going to be a lot of guys complaining about the cuts they get....the burger vs. steak contingents will have at it!

Like a big Easter egg hunt!!!
PGC version of geocaching.
simoncool likes this.
JMackanick is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 02:59 PM
The Man
 
410-er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: 5B/northern lanc. co.
Posts: 6,347
Back To Top
Last year I shot 4 deer and gave 3 away to families in need.Passed an a couple.
This year hunted Oct muzzy and so far rile season and have yet to see a deer.(yes,even in the rain)One thing I learned in 45+ years of hunting,year to year can vary.Enjoy the good years as next will either be better or worse.
Whaler and NorthernPotterCo like this.

The answers to all of life's questions are found in the Bible!
410-er is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2019, 03:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pa. Lehigh
Posts: 2,667
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncool View Post
Next year the GC is just setting boxes of cut and wrapped venison in the woods. I know there are going to be a lot of guys complaining about the cuts they get....the burger vs. steak contingents will have at it!

Like a big Easter egg hunt!!!
They better determine what day of the week works best for EVERYONE before they finalize this!

Good luck, Tony
loridr, simoncool and Mussgrass like this.
Tony300wby is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome