concurrent season here we come? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

concurrent season here we come?

I canít speak for the whole state but Saturday was quite too quite. Seen very few hunters and it seemed like everyone went home after about 9:30. Does anyone feel that going back to two weeks of buck and doe will be the only way for the pgc to remove the planned amount of doe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Close Enough! At least in the right country and state now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdshot View Post
I canít speak for the whole state but Saturday was quite too quite. Seen very few hunters and it seemed like everyone went home after about 9:30. Does anyone feel that going back to two weeks of buck and doe will be the only way for the pgc to remove the planned amount of doe.
There's another thread going that says the PGC has already killed all the deer......

I went to a state forest yesterday. I had family matters to take care of in the morning and couldn't get there until around 11:30. I was pleasantly shocked to see that there were no more vehicles along my two mile drive on state forest road than there were in archery season. I will admit though that I kind of hoped there'd be more people pushing deer around.
Laylow likes this.

Shoot straight

People are sick of politicians, and me, I hate cats in the house.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Who says we havenít harvested enough???
Plenty of hunters out there and more tags available then ever before. More being killed in archery then ever before.
Could be quiet because there are less deer there already and more hunters tagged out already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-08-2019, 06:41 PM

I don’t think we are having any problems harvesting enough doe. Between archery and October muzzy/rifle doe season, I think a large portion of doe tags are filled come rifle season, hence the lack of guys in the woods. In order to increase participation they are probably going to move rifle doe to the first week instead of the second, or concurrent throughout in some WMUs.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 10:57 AM

I hardly know anyone who didnít shoot a doe:

With in-line early season
With a crossbow in archery season.

More than ever before guys are tagging out before rifle season begins with the increased opportunity and weapon choices.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I would believe , if the deer was that low the PGC wouldn`t keep increasing the doe tags , they would decrease them. I know some areas have a lot of deer while some have fewer deer . still say it`s not their fault . they re trying to please everyone . hunters have to maybe change their hunting tatics to see more deer. IMO
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 12:16 PM

It was a big mistake to move doe season to only the second week. They even admitted that it was done to pacify those complaining about lack of deer by “saving” does for the whole first week...

But it has backfired big time, especially around 1B. There was a 3 year stretch where both Saturdays were really crappy weather wise and nobody shot any does. Now for the past couple years there are way too many of them around and inexplicably they actually CUT the number of doe licenses here.

If they want to increase participation throughout the season, then to back the full 2 week concurrent season.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 12:25 PM

I got a bonus 1B tag left for late season, we have doe in my area, plenty of them. We we also have is less hunters too. I'm gonna bow hunt late season if it is warm, flintlock hunt if it is cold.

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 12:42 PM

You dont need a concurrent season the slob hunters are doing just fine. Hit a doe late Saturday night lost tracking light so I said come back in the morning. Got there and there was plenty of shooting going on in the WMU I was in. I think a lot of hunters thought yesterday that Sunday hunting was in effect allready for deer. No ranges around but a lot of shooting half assed a call to the GC. and 1 of its employees to no avail. Tellin you the GC could have cleaned up on fines. The shooting I heard yesterday was very comparable to the Saturday the day before these arent people out just checking their zeros on their rifles it was bad.

9-11-01 SOME GAVE SOMETHING. 343 GAVE ALL F.D.N.Y.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2019, 03:07 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdshot View Post
We don't have concurrent seasons because we are the biggest bunch of collective cry babies ever. Just see the "not hunting Saturday out of spite" thread. Are these grown men? I usually get my doe in archery, but I can not understand why a state wanting more hunters gives them a lower success rate by making doe off limits the first week. By the Saturday doe opener, the deer have been pressured for 5 days and are hunkered down. I am fortunate to be in a DMAP area so my youngster can shoot a doe opening day. Otherwise she would have probably stopped hunting by now. The years we don't get the DMAP tag, we watch doe the first morning or two that she can not shoot. Concurrent season, less tags due to the higher harvest %. Seems like a no brainer. If the PGC will stop letting the cry baby clubs and their state reps. influence everything they do and just start managing the game.

I'm Outlook214 and I approve this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page