Ah yes, it must be Pa gun Season: - Page 7 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 122Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 06:46 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Cut your lock and drive through your gate did they? About 30 yards inside your property from that gate would be a good spot to "lose" a 12'-16' 2x6 in the leaves. Leave the nails pointy end up.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 06:50 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

There are also some really fun things you can do with cans of spray paint that will tag a vehicle for future ID. And even some really fun trip wires involving pepper spray. Just make sure all the guys that are allowed on the property know about it. No sense in tagging one of your buddies trucks with hot pink spray paint.
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:17 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekside View Post
Cut your lock and drive through your gate did they? About 30 yards inside your property from that gate would be a good spot to "lose" a 12'-16' 2x6 in the leaves. Leave the nails pointy end up.....
Quote:
There are also some really fun things you can do with cans of spray paint that will tag a vehicle for future ID. And even some really fun trip wires involving pepper spray. Just make sure all the guys that are allowed on the property know about it. No sense in tagging one of your buddies trucks with hot pink spray paint.
Setting booby traps is illegal. You would be in more trouble than the tresspasser. Suprising the number of people on this site who call themselves sportsmen would promote or condone illegal activities.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-03-2019, 07:47 AM

Agree that booby traps or painting someone's vehicle is a horrible idea. Assault and vandalism charges are handled much more seriously than trespassing. Sounds like a real good way to get yourself arrested.
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 02:39 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA53393 View Post
Setting booby traps is illegal. You would be in more trouble than the tresspasser. Suprising the number of people on this site who call themselves sportsmen would promote or condone illegal activities.
1. Good luck trying to get me charged because you got a flat tire after you ignored signs, cut a lock, and illegally entered my property. You are stupid and got what you deserved.

2. I am not a sportsman, I am a hunter/gatherer. This way of life has never, nor will ever be a "sport". I hunt and fish for meat, not sport.
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
Yep he is definitely on a fishing trip with this one.

Timberdoodle and I both know exactly when and why Jimbridger was so filled with joy to be tearing down "no trespassing" signs. In fact we were both helping him. So was Bob B. and Doctor Trout and perhaps a couple others who were members of this web site back then.

People came to Elk County from all across the state to help remove those signs and put new once up that stated, "State Game Lands, Hunters Welcome." That and maybe to get the lunch my wife catered to all of us that day.

Thanks guys!!!!

Dick Bodenhorn
Hey, don't forget about the president of that hunting club helping tear down posted signs and digging holes for the new welcome sign too!!!
R. S. B. and jimbridger like this.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:39 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA53393 View Post
1. Good luck trying to get me charged because you got a flat tire after you ignored signs, cut a lock, and illegally entered my property. You are stupid and got what you deserved.

2. I am not a sportsman, I am a hunter/gatherer. This way of life has never, nor will ever be a "sport". I hunt and fish for meat, not sport.
I'm not condoning tresspassing or destruction of landowners property. Getting you charged would be relatively easy since you posted your intensions on an internet public forum. Only a fool as you put it could be this stupid.Those posts never go away. The only thing I can agree with you on is, in your own words, "You are not a sportsman".
jimbridger and Tony300wby like this.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Flat tire no. A 10 year old kid falls on the spikes and you might meet a cell mate named spike. What narrow minded fool doesn't think of the wider possibilities. Volunteers out looking for a lost toddler would bankrupt you if they get injured on those spikes. Dog gets loose, drunk runs through a fence releasing livestock. Even Forrest Gump isn't that stupid.

What you call yourself is irrelevant to anything involving intentional injury to others. Booby traps do not discriminate between lawbreakers and those who are innocently on your property, even those having right to be on the property. Imagine a WCO gets hurt and the assaulting an officer felony that takes away your right to possess firearms. You would surely reap what you deserve.
jimbridger and Tony300wby like this.
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:

Curious, do you purchase a license every year to hunt?

UBP Life Member
Full Sunday Hunting Supporter
Beyond Century mark in Bow kills.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:48 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerstutzen View Post
Quote:

Flat tire no. A 10 year old kid falls on the spikes and you might meet a cell mate named spike. What narrow minded fool doesn't think of the wider possibilities. Volunteers out looking for a lost toddler would bankrupt you if they get injured on those spikes. Dog gets loose, drunk runs through a fence releasing livestock. Even Forrest Gump isn't that stupid.

What you call yourself is irrelevant to anything involving intentional injury to others. Booby traps do not discriminate between lawbreakers and those who are innocently on your property, even those having right to be on the property. Imagine a WCO gets hurt and the assaulting an officer felony that takes away your right to possess firearms. You would surely reap what you deserve.
Agreed!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page