Saturday Open.... Wasn't so bad - Page 11 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 179Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:36 PM

It all worked out for me to get a nice 8 point on last day of bow.On the opener I was out with a DAMP and bear tag in 3A. I appreciate that I was still able to go out and be a part of this new tradition. I heard only far away shots on a perfect sunny and cold day that was very quiet. Weather was not an issue like last years' washout. I saw a few road hunters when leaving and nobody in the woods.Yes times are changing but if you do not feel thrilled on being out there...then it might be time to hang it up,no matter what your age is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlook214 View Post
I can't even fathom the reasoning behind this logic. Who does it hurt? I understand local business (gun shops) were against it because of out of town hunters usually shopping Friday,Saturday and/or Sunday. If this became permanent those people would adjust and shop before thanksgiving, it's what people do. After they're done complaining they adapt and overcome. A very small percentage will quit hunting and use social media and forums to complain the rest of their lives. I don't have set off days, so opening day is a logistical headache for me most years. I can't imagine some of the divas on here having a work schedule like mine. They'd probably just go on welfare so they could hunt the first day, assuming of course opening day was Monday. I really hope they change it back next year just so I don't have to watch so many suffer......holy cow.
Same reason a commissioner stepped down over this change.
post #103 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlook214 View Post
I can't even fathom the reasoning behind this logic. Who does it hurt? I understand local business (gun shops) were against it because of out of town hunters usually shopping Friday,Saturday and/or Sunday. If this became permanent those people would adjust and shop before thanksgiving, it's what people do. After they're done complaining they adapt and overcome. A very small percentage will quit hunting and use social media and forums to complain the rest of their lives. I don't have set off days, so opening day is a logistical headache for me most years. I can't imagine some of the divas on here having a work schedule like mine. They'd probably just go on welfare so they could hunt the first day, assuming of course opening day was Monday. I really hope they change it back next year just so I don't have to watch so many suffer......holy cow.
Funny about local gun shops because I just saw a headline yesterday about black friday gun sales spiking the fbi background database at the 2nd highest in history.

Last edited by JMackanick; 12-04-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:45 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
Funny about local gun shops because I just saw a headline yesterday about black friday gun sales spiking the fbi background database at a record rate.
Well that shoots the theory of gun shops suffering this horrendous economic downturn of the saturday opener....lol. Idk, it is what it is. I work around hunting seasons every year. Just get tired of all the "poor" people who whine about this change. I hope the PGC sends surveys out and lets the hunters vote on it going forward. Then those who don't get their way can move to Canada or something...... I can handle a Saturday, Sunday or Monday opener. I could live with a change to the second week of December etc. People need to man up around here!!
JMackanick likes this.

I'm Outlook214 and I approve this message
post #105 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 07:47 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbhnger10 View Post
..did you hunt Saturday?

..is that you and your young, happy youngster in your avatar?

..so by YOUR post....YOUR against helping the youth get out and hunt...

..and there will ALWAYS be... kids that hunt...in college or school..

..so who was hurt?....adult feelings were hurt maybe?...were people physically hurt?...maybe some adults were stressed because they have organization issues or someone might shoot "their" deer...
Really? The youth of today have far more opportunities then any generation has ever had!! And it’s never enough!! And nothing is working to stop the hunting decline. When I was a kid, I couldn’t wait till I was 12 to hunt. Now kids can hunt for 7 years before we use to be able to. I don’t even want to hear about more opportunity. It really is ridiculous.
post #106 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:17 PM
The Man

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
Really? The youth of today have far more opportunities then any generation has ever had!! And it’s never enough!! And nothing is working to stop the hunting decline. When I was a kid, I couldn’t wait till I was 12 to hunt. Now kids can hunt for 7 years before we use to be able to. I don’t even want to hear about more opportunity. It really is ridiculous.

LOL...this is getting good...avoid the questions and deflect...

..Ya..really....PGC gave my kid the opportunity over 10 years ago...and we ran with it..he's shot more longbeards before he was 12 than 90% of the guys on these boards their whole hunting carrer...he's passed up bucks that i wouldn't of believed it if I wasn't there with him...all before he was 12.

..I'm guessing you also walked uphill both ways to school and home in waist deep snow when you "younger"...so let your kids sit home till they are 12 before they can hunt...because...that how it was when you were young...
zjheeter likes this.

If the hay is layed..a yote will be slayed
post #107 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
Funny about local gun shops because I just saw a headline yesterday about black friday gun sales spiking the fbi background database at the 2nd highest in history.
Yeah, but half those FBI checks are shops doing transfers for online sales. At least the shop made
$10.00 for doing the paperwork.
JMackanick likes this.
post #108 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:31 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by limbhnger10 View Post
LOL...this is getting good...avoid the questions and deflect...

..Ya..really....PGC gave my kid the opportunity over 10 years ago...and we ran with it..he's shot more longbeards before he was 12 than 90% of the guys on these boards their whole hunting carrer...he's passed up bucks that i wouldn't of believed it if I wasn't there with him...all before he was 12.

..I'm guessing you also walked uphill both ways to school and home in waist deep snow when you "younger"...so let your kids sit home till they are 12 before they can hunt...because...that how it was when you were young...
Far from deflecting. Just sick of the “more opportunity” argument. Enough is never enough. Gets old.
pchunter1231 and ruger300 like this.
post #109 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Part of the Community

Yea because more opportunity in life is horrible ??? That's the change part, us hunters will be getting a lot more opportunities moving forward as the ranks decrease.
nomad_archer and JMackanick like this.
post #110 of 192 (permalink) Old 12-04-2019, 09:23 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoncool View Post
Yeah, but half those FBI checks are shops doing transfers for online sales. At least the shop made
$10.00 for doing the paperwork.
202,000 checks were run. Its only an indicator and not necessarily reflective of actual sales. A pretty good guess and any shop that stands a chance in todays market place needs to have an online presence. Brick and mortar only stores are not going to last no matter how many people say they will not shop at walmart or online. I went to a local guy recently for a new pistol. I was willing to pay more. He told me to buy it online.
simoncool likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page