The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Day 1 rifle season

16K views 95 replies 75 participants last post by  bowhuntr1967 
#1 ·
Good luck to all venturing out tomorrow.
I will not be out for the opener due to having to work. First missed opener in many years.
I will be looking forward to reading all your posts tomorrow. Stay safe!! 🦌🦌🦌

#14 ·
Good luck to all venturing out tomorrow.
I will not be out for the opener due to having to work. First missed opener in many years.
I will be looking forward to reading all your posts tomorrow. Stay safe!! 🦌🦌🦌
I feel your pain. This is the first rifle opener I have ever missed in 43 hunting seasons.
First one in 20 years for me. Trust me it’s not by choice.

#15 ·
For the first time in 22 years I'll be carrying a firearm on the opener, and I'm really excited about it. I'll be looking for a bear and not a buck, though. I figured with inclement weather possible, hunting around a lot of water, and the fact that anything I see will probably be running for its life, a gun will be better suited for the task at hand. Good luck everyone.

#23 ·
Good luck everyone. I'm hunting at home for the opener and have zero expectations of seeing anything. Enthusiasm level is pretty low but I just can't get excited when I hunt around home.
The hunting isn't the same. I'm missing the excitement of camp but...... I just loaded up the wood stove at the house and am eating breakfast. Hopefully there is some close shooting to get the excitement level up. I cant wait to be at camp this friday.

Good luck, shoot straight, and most importantly be safe!!!!

#24 ·
I’ve been in my spot for 20 minutes now and just had a guy go past me. I was second guessing where I’m at because it may be in a good ways but access is pretty easy. Guess I should’ve went for plan B which is no treat to get into. Oh well I’m here, guess I’ll see what happens.

Good luck!

#26 ·
Still at work and waiting for my relief to get here. Then it's home, change, grab daughter and gun; and off to the woods we go! Hoping for a buck for her or a bear for me. Only hunting till noon or 1 as our thanksgiving meal is this evening because MIL had to work thanksgiving. Good luck everyone!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.