Is this harressment? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Is this harressment?

So yesterday after work I decided to hunt the last 2 hrs of light. My buddy called me and told me not to go where I planned because they stocked birds and it was crazy with small game hunters. After hearing that I changed my location a couple miles away. I parked along side the road to walk into a public hunting area. As I am putting on my gear and getting my bow out of my truck the lady in the house across the road comes out blasting air horns. I tried not to let her notice it bothered me and just walked myself as far back in the woods as I could. She continued to blast the horns about every 15mins for the 2hrs I was there. She is the mother of a coworker of mine and I questioned him about it and he said she is an anti hunter, and don’t mention his name at all if confronted. Would this be considered harassment and should I have called it in or not? She never came off her property so I wasn’t sure but the actions were directed at me for sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:24 AM

That's harassment. She exited her domicile to blast air horns upon sight of you, and continued for 2 hours.
Video it next time. Call WCO, show video, get her cited.
Snigg21, stinkbait and Mikeymjr23 like this.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:27 AM
dce
Sage

Yes,that's harassment and I'd have a Game Warden pay her a visit for sure.You should have recorded it on your phone though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakenbake View Post
So yesterday after work I decided to hunt the last 2 hrs of light. My buddy called me and told me not to go where I planned because they stocked birds and it was crazy with small game hunters. After hearing that I changed my location a couple miles away. I parked along side the road to walk into a public hunting area. As I am putting on my gear and getting my bow out of my truck the lady in the house across the road comes out blasting air horns. I tried not to let her notice it bothered me and just walked myself as far back in the woods as I could. She continued to blast the horns about every 15mins for the 2hrs I was there. She is the mother of a coworker of mine and I questioned him about it and he said she is an anti hunter, and donít mention his name at all if confronted. Would this be considered harassment and should I have called it in or not? She never came off her property so I wasnít sure but the actions were directed at me for sure.
Yep it is, call the Warden, he can go warn her and if there is a 2nd time prosecute her.
Dean Conklin and Mikeymjr23 like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:32 AM

It might be considered harassment but if she is doing this on her own property i dont think much can be done about it.
jimbridger and Danesdad like this.

4B
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:32 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Since it is a mother of a co-worker, it would go down like this next time (if there is a next time), if it were me. Record her performing these antics and let her know she is being recorded and ask her to please stop. As calmly as you can, if you can even talk to her (from across the street), let her know there is a hunter harassment law and she is in violation and if she continues, she will be reported and with the video evidence, most likely cited. Hopefully she stops after that but if not, you gave fair enough warning, especially since it was a co-workers mother, and then I would report her. If you had no connections whatsoever with this person, I would do the above but just let them know they ARE being reported....no chance to stop at that point.

Most likely, an air horn going off from across the street probably isn't bothering the deer anyway (probably bothers you more). She has more than likely performed this stunt on other hunters previously since she seems to have the air horn at the ready and this is a public hunting area. The deer have heard it before.......they won't be concerned with it.

Suburban redneck.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 11:40 AM

I don't think you can get her charged with harrassment if she's doing it on her own property. You might be better to find out if there is some kind of noise ordinance in the area she lives and try from that angle. Also, keep in mind, deer live next to railroad lines and firehouses. They get used to hearing such noises if they are exposed regularly. The noises might have startled them a few times at first, but if she does this regularly, they are used to it. One place I hunt used to set off these obnoxious pre recorded hymms from a local church. You could count on hearing those pathetic fake bells every day at five o'clock. It never affected deer sightings at that spot for me.
jimbridger likes this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Ok thanks I wasn’t positive, I will try to record it next time I go in there.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 12:47 PM

admitted I don't know the law on this, but if im on my property I would fight that one to the highest court! you can't tell me what to do on my own property if there isn't a HOA or noise ordnance or something. What country do we live in again?
jimbridger likes this.

To Crush your enemys, See them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of there women.

Last edited by dragman; 11-12-2019 at 12:52 PM.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-12-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
That's harassment. She exited her domicile to blast air horns upon sight of you, and continued for 2 hours.
Video it next time. Call WCO, show video, get her cited.

With only one side of the story it sure sounds like hunter harassment. But we don't know if she was doing this before he pulled up and parked as she continued after he walked in and we don't know if it continued when he left.

I know a long shot but maybe she was scaring deer from her garden. This past week a guy was hunting across from my house a few hours early and a few last light. The deer were camped in my back yard on a few of those days that I noticed them. If I were to blast a horn I would chase the deer to him not from him. One day I did move them by driving up to get firewood. A buck and 3 Doe ran down across the street. Guy said he seen 3 Doe all day. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page