The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Help in 4E

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  mattg1500 
#1 · (Edited)
Not sure if this will work but Im giving it a shot. Friday afternoon I shot my largest buck ever in Salem township. I could tell by the sound and the lumenock sticking out that I hit shoulder. The buck went 30yds then went down. Maybe 5min go by and he gets up and SLOWLY hobbled off the way he came. Next morning I go back and trail great blood up to where he went down. Then good blood for 10yds then drops for another 20yds then nothing at all. He headed twords a logging road which crosses a gas line. I searched with friends for 7hrs on Saturday and no more blood, no lighted nock in the dark. We checked the closest water areas also. If he died and anyone comes across him I would like to get him back and tag him. I can describe him,provide cam pics, broadhead used,arrow etc. If anyone finds him please message me or reply. Thanks

#11 ·
No worse curse in archery then the sound of an arrow hitting the scapula. Unfortunately the vitals are under it and not behind it. If you hit on the thick part of the scapula it probably stopped your arrow. I've hit that spot twice in my life and the one buck was harvested later on in gun season by a hunter I know and I got my broadhead back and the other I saw chasing does a week later. I would not give up your search because sometimes it's hard to tell exactly were a deer is hit and good luck I hope you find him.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.