The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Never received on line license

17K views 292 replies 51 participants last post by  Wingatchtochwilsit 
#1 ·
I've been purchasing my licenses on line ever since the option became available and well for the first time I haven't received them within 10 business days. I called today and a young lady told me they were sent out June 22 and I should have received them by now and she would have to send somebody else an email to look into it. I asked her to email or call me back by end of day with an answer but no call. I'm screwed now for sending in my doe application on time since the area I send to is one of the first to sell out.

So my question is I'm sure this has happened to somebody else here so can you please tell me how you got it resolved?

#3 ·
If you already purchased online, if you have a computer print the application off fill it out, go to an license issuing agent, grab some pink envelopes and send it in. If you dont have a printer grab a digest from the issuing agent and fill in the application. This year seems to be bad for a lot of folks getting their license in the mail.

#9 ·
Did my own and 6 friends all online at midnight on the 17th. 4 of the 7 including myself don't have em yet. got some pink envelopes and an app from my favorite county treasurer. She called for me. they claimed mine was mailed on 21st. I call --

#10 ·
I was concerned about mine, too, as it took more than 10 business to receive, but it did show up a couple of days ago.

As has been noted, you are to fine to apply for a doe tag, as your order is in the system even if your license isn’t in hand. I confirmed this with the PGC licensing division.

#14 ·
I ordered mine about a minute after they went on sale and like many others have not received it in the mail yet. Maybe it will be in today's mail. Not a problem though even if it isn't. I have all the confirmation information. I have also printed an antlerless application from the Game Commission web site and will stop and pick up a pink envelop so I can have it in today's outgoing mail.

Dick Bodenhorn

#20 ·
It has been 13 business days for me and it still hasn't arrived.

I called today and they said they would resend it and if I get two I should just throw the second one away.

I told her that the law says when you get a second license the first one is void so the last license you receive would be the valid one. She told me the new one would be the same as the first one.

Oh boy does that set things up for the violators who wish to take advantage. If I get two I will have two buck tags, two spring gobbler tags, two fall turkey tags and eight DMAP tags for two separate units.

Though I will dispose of any extra tags I bet there will be a lot of others who don't. I know if I was still working that is something I would be digging pretty deep into.

And there are people who think the on-line system for antlerless licenses would be a better system? This has proven beyond doubt to me that it would not be better and instead full of even bigger problems than anything we now experience.

Dick Bodenhorn

#25 ·
That’s nuts! I know a replacement license is marked as a replacement, and a warden scanning the original would know it was invalid. This wouldn’t be the case here. You’re right, there are many who would take advantage of this screw up.

You hit the Deer Lotto with 10 tags. I think PALS is trying to lure you over to the dark side....😀

The county treasurers record has been 100% accuracy for me for 50 years. I don’t like online sales for my licenses.

#21 · (Edited)
Dick - they sent a duplicate for me, too, since I told them I had not received it in 10 business days. I was curious how that would work since the original one literally showed up the very next day after they ordered a reprint for me. I’ll let you know if the the numbers are the same on my reprint as the original.

#24 ·
This is not a shot at you or any honest hunter, but i find it bothersome that so many are getting duplicates due to the vendor being so terribly slow. I would be curious how many dishonest hunters will use that duplicate license for their own benefit. If they keep track of who was sent a duplicate, i think the pgc should make it mandatory for those to send that duplicate to PGC headquarters. I know that will never happen but we all know some will take advantage of that duplicate license. I got 2 one year and 3 another year for some weird reason, i just kept getting them in the mail. I just burnt the originals and kept the last license i received.

#23 ·
To all our Pennsylvania hunters who purchased their 2019-20 hunting licenses online this year, unfortunately, we have heard from many of you via phone, email and social media that you have not yet received your licenses in the mail.

First and foremost, we want to provide those of you who are planning to apply for antlerless licenses, and have not yet received your online license purchase yet, with an alternate option.

You can fill out this form [https://bit.ly/2LFnkT2] and mail it to a county treasurer, along with a check, in the pink, antlerless license application envelope.

If you need an antlerless license application envelope, they can be found at many licensing agents, providing they have not distributed them all [click here for locations near you: https://bit.ly/2F7Ekxh].

Secondly, we do truly apologize for the inadequate service many of you have received from our licensing agent.

Our agency has to contract with an entity to provide our license system service, and this includes fulfilling online license orders. None of the entities that bid on the contract were from Pennsylvania. That is why those of you who have received your licenses noticed an out-of-state address on the envelope. The licenses are supposed to be delivered within 7-10 business days, regardless of the entity’s location.

If you did not receive a 2019-20 Hunter Trapper Digest, email us at pgccomments@pa.gov and we will get one in the mail to you.

#28 ·
Is there any reason that the online hunting license can`t follow the fishing license model? just print it out at home. Push back the doe application date so they have time to mail out the envelopes and hunting guide ? Make it for the end of July so that there is still time for archery hunters to have them.

#30 ·
Internet sales are for the convenience of not having to drive some place and pick them up. A lot of time convenience is not the best service. If you want your licenses for sure, go buy them some place. Internet business works much of the time, but in my opinion is very unreliable compared to buying them in person. Not all places are the same though, I bought a licenses at Walmart a few years back, and had to help the guy behind the counter. I now go to the county treasurer, great service, and I have what I pay for on the spot. Great people. As for anything internet, I would not bet my life on it, if something is important to you, the internet may not be the best choice. If it is so great, why do people still rely on dialing 911, instead of using an internet message to get help, in an emergency. I may be behind times, I have yet to send an email, or text message, I do send pictures on my phone, and type on here with one finger. I am lucky to have a good wife that that has the patience to deal with all the internet problems. If you want a licenses in a timely manner, then you will have to get up from the computer, and head out the door. I am not putting anyone down, that is computer smart, I just do not have the patience or skills to rely on something that is not reliable.

#37 ·
The only reason I and many others use the on-line license purchase system is because we want to get DMAP permits for units that sell out in the first few hours they are available.

For many DMAP units if you don't get your license on line at midnight, when they go up for sale on line, they will be sold out within a couple hours. Many of the DMAP units are sold out before the County Treasurer or the other issuing agents are open Monday morning.

So we are pretty much stuck staying up until midnight and using the on-line purchase system.

Dick Bodenhorn

#32 ·
I didn`t mean doe tags , just the general license and any archery, muzzle loader stamps. Doe tags would be the same just push back the date a little bit. . The reason i have order online is outside of Dicks ( no thanks ) the Walmart s near me don`t usually have anyone at the sporting goods . i went to Gander Mountain for licenses but now they are gone.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.