Sunday Hunting Passes Senate - Page 20 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 463Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #191 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Se7enRemMag View Post
Why don't you try pushing your agenda in a manner that doesn't come across as greedy and explain to the other hunters that support the law that constantly voicing "more time in the woods" is coming across as greed to non hunters?
My "agenda"...is righting a wrong...it is eliminating a anti hunting law and allowing the PGC to have control of all hunting 24/7...what they do with that authority is up to them...I don't give a hoot what "non hunters think"...IMO they are the greedy ones...they don't want to share Sundays like we all share every other day of the week.

Quote:
I'm not going to defend something that I'm in principle indifferent to. For 35 years, I've been fine the way it is, and under the current parameters and circumstances, and based on the feedback of hunters and non hunters in my rural community, I realize that this is a net loss for hunters locally when it's all said and done the way it's being promoted now. It's not my job to support/endorse/defend it, because again on principle I'm indifferent to it.
Then why state that "you have a hard time not agreeing with them"...when the truth is you don't want to disagree...My guess is you are attempting to make others feel guilty for wanting fair and equal treatment...nice try.

Quote:
Thinking hunting and hunters are the only group being discriminated against, you have blinders on. Postal service, and basically all government services, liquor stores and liquor laws have different rules governing Sundays.
Nice try again...but we are talking about a sport...not "government services"...or private companies for that matter.

Only fools fight in a burning house...Day of the dove
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
You explanation was right back to "more time in the woods", I provided multiple negatives to more than offset any net gain for your "more time in the woods" explanation.
Only if the wildlife professionals feel opportunity exists without compromising the resource.

Quote:
As far as the horseback rider example I gave and you're eagerness to take on irritated people. Your choice, good luck with that, you're attitude and refusal to listen to outsiders inside your echo chamber makes me realize even more that it's a greed driven motive. I myself aim to compromise or appease not divide more.
I think you misrepresented my post. I do not want to purposely irritate them. I would be happy to have a conversation with them about how safe hunting is and that all outdoor users should be able to share the woods together, excluding no one from being out there enjoying what they like to do. Hunters are the only group that is excluded. I don't wish to exclude other groups even if it messes up a hunt I am on. But other groups and some hunters, such as yourself, want to exclude hunters from enjoying the outdoors on certain days.

Quote:
If you trust government to do what's best for anything, you're crazy need proof? See attached photo!!!
I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Currently, politically elected politicians are responsible for regulating Sunday hunting. They are the definition of government. What I support is wildlife professionals that are not politically elected to have that responsibility. If you do not trust government, you should also not want politicians regulating Sunday hunting.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #193 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaterfowler1 View Post
More than I can count, since I lost my dogs, my best retrieving tool. I limit myself to what I know (or believe) I can recover. So far this season I could have fired a box of shells, I have only fired four (1 single, and a group of 3), killed 1 duck and recovered it. If I lose a bird I count it towards my limit, find me an Archery hunter who failed to recover a deer and considered his tag filled.

The pending new state record buck was killed by a guy who did just that very thing, he allegedly quit hunting for the season and continued his search for the deer who believed his shot had killed, and he found it. Ask and ye shall receive. There are many who hunt with the very ethic you espouse.

Sadly most of my life has been wasted, but the rest I spent hunting, fishing, and trapping...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:03 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularJoe View Post
The pending new state record buck was killed by a guy who did just that very thing, he allegedly quit hunting for the season and continued his search for the deer who believed his shot had killed, and he found it. Ask and ye shall receive. There are many who hunt with the very ethic you espouse.
agreed !

and many on here believe that should not be a record.

as for sb147, I am all for control going to PGC, if they have to enforce the regulations, then they should indeed have the power to make and change the regulations.

however I still oppose SH, and the new Saturday opener.
delhunter and Se7enRemMag like this.

Last edited by awaterfowler1; 10-24-2019 at 08:52 PM.
post #195 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:06 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
For me its more of an issue the PGC is entrusted with managing our wildlife, but only for 313 days out of the year. Somehow those other 52 are magical and only our oh-so-wise and all knowing politicians and Pa Farm Bureau knows what's best for those days. If the PGC decides the resource can't sustain Sunday hunting I'd be perfectly fine with it. But that should be their decision to make, not some political hack or lobbyist in Harrisburg.

That's a good point BH. I'd like to disagree with you, but can't. While I am against big game hunting on Sundays I am also against politician's mismanaging our wildlife. I say mismanaging because they mismanage about everything they manage.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #196 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:09 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
That's a good point BH. I'd like to disagree with you, but can't. While I am against big game hunting on Sundays I am also against politician's mismanaging our wildlife. I say mismanaging because they mismanage about everything they manage.
When you say you are against big game hunting on Sundays, does that mean you are for small game hunting on Sundays?
post #197 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:19 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL View Post
When you say you are against big game hunting on Sundays, does that mean you are for small game hunting on Sundays?

No. I am not for small game hunting on Sundays. I am also not against it. Nor am I really against turkey hunting or waterfowl hunting on Sundays.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #198 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:34 PM
Frequent Contributor

For the record Kioti, I was for this bill when it originally started, I don't live in an echo chamber though, and when I saw how strongly others were opposed to it, then my stance changed. I'm not in an echo chamber, and it's not about "winning or losing". I have a hard time not agreeing with the non hunters that are opposed, and bring up "hunter greed" is the motivating factor. Why? not because that's what I want to hear, fact is, every guy like you that puts blinders on and only looks at issues from your perspective is another thorn in my side. As a hunter and resident that has seen landowner after landowner get tired of poor ethics from hunters, and yes at times I did a thing or two that probably wasn't the best choice, but I've never blatantly disregarded the opinions of people outside the hunting/trapping community to further my cause. Every time I see a guy like you, I think... Well, there's more ammo for them. Pretty curious of your age. No need to reply anymore, I'm not going to agree with you, just to tell you what you want to hear. Just stay in your echo chamber from here on out. This statement right here from you says it all...
Quote:
Originally Posted by whil e kioti View Post
I don't give a hoot what "non hunters think"...IMO they are the greedy ones
That's about the poorest attitude you could possibly have, especially since they are rapidly outnumbering us!!!!
post #199 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
I think you misrepresented my post. I do not want to purposely irritate them. I would be happy to have a conversation with them about how safe hunting is and that all outdoor users should be able to share the woods together, excluding no one from being out there enjoying what they like to do. Hunters are the only group that is excluded. I don't wish to exclude other groups even if it messes up a hunt I am on. But other groups and some hunters, such as yourself, want to exclude hunters from enjoying the outdoors on certain days.
I've stated over and over, I'm indifferent to it in principle, but the frustration for me is that so many of you fail to see this bill isn't going to come without consequence and that so many fail to even listen to the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
I think you are getting ahead of yourself. Currently, politically elected politicians are responsible for regulating Sunday hunting. They are the definition of government. What I support is wildlife professionals that are not politically elected to have that responsibility. If you do not trust government, you should also not want politicians regulating Sunday hunting.
You have a point on the elected officials and the regulation of Sundays. No I don't trust government, and the PGC is government. It's a lateral shift of control if you ask me. If you said we're putting wildlife management back into the hands of landowners and communities as opposed to state agencies and legislation and it will be up to them do make a decision on Sunday hunting, I'd likely have no issue with that what so ever, or the community's decision pro or against Sunday hunting, as long as that's what the community wanted.
post #200 of 363 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
I've stated over and over, I'm indifferent to it in principle, but the frustration for me is that so many of you fail to see this bill isn't going to come without consequence and that so many fail to even listen to the other side.
Actually, I have said many times I am sensitive to some of the concerns. My desire is to have both sides work through them. Early on in the discussion, there was a round table discussion about SH in Harrisburg. The goal was to work towards common ground. One side was willing to work at it, the other side said "what part of no don't you understand". Many on the pro hunting side have been listening. Many of the pro hunting side have been willing to work towards common ground. The reality is that is just a lot of misinformation out there on what is really happening on this issue. It has become a overwhelmingly emotional issue for many, unfortunately.

The reality is in 90% of the country SH is a non issue among both hunters and the non hunting public. In time it would be the same here after the initial apprehension about it all fades.
Se7enRemMag and whil e kioti like this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Last edited by dpms; 10-24-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page