PGC Headquarters to obtain your license - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By uncle buck

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
The Man

PGC Headquarters to obtain your license

I have always done this.. I go over to the PGC headquarters and buy my hunting license. People are always nice. I do realize that I am some what close to the headquarters.

Nice to see some of the new things impacting hunters in Pa.
Like being able to hunt bobcat in WMU 4B.

If you go at the right time.. .Today I went over there about 1 PM. I was the only person getting my license.. Did you ever go into Wally World and the line might have like 5 6 or 7 people in it getting license?

Plus I'm old now... 70 years old and I like free stuff that you can get over there too. going to be 7 years now I get my senior combo license. I did have to pay for my Pa migratory game bird license and my bobcat permit. However that it..

Anyway you ever going through Harrisburg you should go over to PGC Headquarters and just see some of the things they have in the lobby. Jeremiah Johnson would be proud of you...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:04 PM

Exactly what kind of free stuff do they have?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Patches, waterfowl stamps, wildlife calendars, back issues of Pa Game News. pictures, all kinds of mounts to see, big bears, and old tree stump that first sprouted when the UK Magna Carta was signed.. displays of all the duck wings to show you how to ID different ducks.. Then things you buy too. All the things you can buy on the PGC store.. Maps of areas of Pa you hunt, Safety orange wraps for tree, all kinds of books, you can sit down on the computer and design your own map for the area you hunt in...You will have to pay a small fee.

Just that old tree cutting alone is something that everyone should see...I's rings are marked off with events in history.. Revolutionary War etc.. Gettysburg address, world war one... All high lighted on the rings of the cut stump..
R. S. B., bohunr, BillHjr and 2 others like this.

Last edited by uncle buck; 06-24-2019 at 11:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:22 AM
Frequent Contributor

Uncle, Plus one to what you posted. Yesterday I also went to our local Walmart for my hunting license. Only one in line. Since I already have a senior combo license. I just purchased a mag bird permit a bobcat tag. Cost was 10.80. I asked for an extra book, no problem. Doc in Pa

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page