Bill to Remove County Treasurers from Antlerless System - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 482Likes
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

Bill to Remove County Treasurers from Antlerless System

It passed Appropriations committee today as well.

https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...&type=B&bn=485

Another good thing that the PGC should be in charge of.
bohunr, Danesdad and GSP66 like this.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 06:39 PM
Sage

I will be extremely surprised if this bill ever gets out of committee. It is not the first time a bill was introduced to put the issuance of doe licenses in the hands of the PGC. The county treasurers eat out of the same political trough as the elected senators and representatives and they are very reluctant to take any money away from the counties.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #3 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 06:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

This is just the legislature trying to passify hunters. They are trying to make it look like they are listening to hunters & trying to help. In reality though the rep. that introduced this bill knows full well it doesn't have a prayer. Look at the Sunday hunting bill. I heard on this sight that the sponser of the bill stated that it would be voted on & passed in June. It is June 18th so far nothing, but the usual arguments between hunters & the farm bureau. Nothing but smoke & mirrors from the politicians.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 08:02 PM
Regular Visitor

I would be surprised if this were to ever happen. The Treasurers depend on this revenue. Legislature will have a political battle with every treasurers office in the state (67 counties ) and that's votes they are not prepared to loose.
bohunr likes this.
post #5 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny v. View Post
I would be surprised if this were to ever happen. The Treasurers depend on this revenue. Legislature will have a political battle with every treasurers office in the state (67 counties ) and that's votes they are not prepared to loose.

I would be too. Just goes to show how screwed up the Government is. Can't change the system to a simpler system that would save money because another branch of the Government needs the revenue.

post #6 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 09:04 PM

Call me nuts, but I kinda like the present system. Once you figure out how to play the game, you can win every hand thatís dealt. In nearly 50 years, I donít think Iíve ever had an envelope returned because of being sold out.
post #7 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie View Post
Call me nuts, but I kinda like the present system. Once you figure out how to play the game, you can win every hand thatís dealt. In nearly 50 years, I donít think Iíve ever had an envelope returned because of being sold out.
I like it the way it is too.

4B
post #8 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The PGC has asked for control of it. The PGC has said they would save about 100k a year just from not having to print and distribute those pink envelopes.

Not really an issue this day and age getting a doe tag like it used to be anyway.
bohunr and srr5008 like this.

post #9 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 09:28 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
I've a few returned over the years, recent years... all 2nd unsold round though...
I don't find anything wrong with the current system... but it could be more efficiently handled online...
post #10 of 411 (permalink) Unread 06-18-2019, 09:37 PM

The only time I every get to write checks every year are for doe applications in the pink envelopes. If the system is changed, Iíll forevever forget what little check writing technology I now have. When I look back at my register in my own checking account for the last few years ( we have another joint account ), other than a couple checks to tanneries, every other check was made out to County Treasurer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in