Bill to Remove County Treasurers from Antlerless System - Page 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 483Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Wow... just....wow...

I don't know which thought is more depressing: The acceptance that we are indeed only a few years from the "great boomer die-off", or the realization that said generation is the first in history that DIDN'T want their succeeding generations to have it better than they did...
I think we want succeeding generations to be better off but societal and economic conditions make that far more difficult than it used to be.
bohunr and Wingatchtochwilsit like this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‘Ol Snakebite aka RutNut View Post
FINALLY!!!! Bringing PA out of the DARK AGES! 😉
I wouldn't count on it. State government has a hand in it and anytime government has a grip on the flow of money from citizens to themselves, it becomes impossible to break that flow...no matter how silly, archaic and inefficient that cash flow may be.
bohunr and OAWC like this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #73 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:34 AM
Frequent Contributor

Geez, I don't even know where to start with some of you guys... Cash only, no ATM capabilities, draining back accounts, tracking you.... Trust me, the USG does not care what the average Boomer in some small town in PA is doing. You are not that interesting. Use a credit card, its not your money so who cares, and they don't pin fraudulent charges on you anyways. Oh Boomers....

Personally I would love to be able to do it online because I am always at the beach for 2 weeks over the 4th of July on vacation so I always have to have someone mail mine for me. So its a pain, but I realize thats just me though.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Wow... just....wow...

I don't know which thought is more depressing: The acceptance that we are indeed only a few years from the "great boomer die-off", or the realization that said generation is the first in history that DIDN'T want their succeeding generations to have it better than they did...

You obviously aren't very good at cypherin' emoji "flavors". (that means I'm devilishly funnin' around). LOL (that means.... oh, never mind).

2A-Wash. Co.
post #75 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Geez, I don't even know where to start with some of you guys... Cash only, no ATM capabilities, draining back accounts, tracking you.... Trust me, the USG does not care what the average Boomer in some small town in PA is doing. You are not that interesting. Use a credit card, its not your money so who cares, and they don't pin fraudulent charges on you anyways. Oh Boomers....

Give the old bat a break. He makes a valid point. Not to mention, the social interactive benefit a bank teller receives by having the good fortune to communicate with such a warm, pleasant, gentle, caring (can I stop now ?) person.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #76 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAWC View Post
The "broke" parts of the current process that granted does work for the most part:

1. The PGC wants to take over the process, but they are handcuffed by the PA state government. Sound familiar? It should.

2. There are still quite a few "crooked" transactions with the CT's giving preferential treatment to applications with the right names on them being at the top of the stack when they start issuing tags.

3. Cost of the current process can be reduced, per statements from the PGC tech staff. Seems someone is always biotching about the PGC not watching their money tightly enough....let them run the doe tag process and save said money.

Thank goodness for the PGC's DMAP process.
Actually I don't believe the Game Commission said they wanted to take over the issuance of the antlerless license. They said they could and would do it if it were handed over to them. That is a big difference than wanting to do it.

As for cost savings, I think that too is bologna, it would suspect it would be a wash once they ended up paying people to handle and process the licenses to get them back out to the successful applicants.

And, if they used the process for issuance they have most recently talked about I assure you a lot of people are not going to be happy with the system or its outcome.

It is just fine the way it is right now.

Dick Bodenhorn
Bigbrownie and Buckskin Dave like this.
post #77 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:02 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
Actually I don't believe the Game Commission said they wanted to take over the issuance of the antlerless license. They said they could and would do it if it were handed over to them. That is a big difference than wanting to do it.

As for cost savings, I think that too is bologna, it would suspect it would be a wash once they ended up paying people to handle and process the licenses to get them back out to the successful applicants.

And, if they used the process for issuance they have most recently talked about I assure you a lot of people are not going to be happy with the system or its outcome.

It is just fine the way it is right now.

Dick Bodenhorn
Sure thing Dick. The PGC Director of Technology clearly said they were capable of the process and that it would save the PGC money. Are you saying that the PGC Director has no idea what he is talking about?
post #78 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post

Dick Bodenhorn
What process are they talking about?

Good luck, Tony
OAWC likes this.
post #79 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 AM
The Man

An a Outofstater I really don't get in to Pa. politics but just go with the flow. Over the years I always did think it was different especially sharing with others of how the doe license ordeal works with the CT. The same way I mail my Pa. property taxes to the tax collector and make the check out to her personally kind of different but it seems to all work out. I am probably one of the few that still buys stamps and writes checks no on line banking for me. I never really gave it thought that another government agency is making money off of our doe license but I guess someone at one time thought it was a good idea and it has for my part worked pretty good. After the Sat. opener change good or bad I think there is a lot of change for Pa. down the road.
post #80 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 12:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

As an out-of-stater now, too, I definitely get some weird looks when I try to explain the PA mail-in doe application process to outsiders. I don't know of anywhere else that requires a paper application through a treasure's office for does, and most folks elsewhere seem to take online license sales for granted these days. Gotta admit that it is interesting to experience the diverse extremes of what it takes to get and use a doe tag each year:

1) To hunt does back in PA, I call up my buddy in Bucks County and ask if he'll be around to complete and file my pink envelope for me (having a friend with proximity to a treasurer's office is key when you now live 1,200 miles away). If he is, then I arrange to mail him a check for the balance due. He then times the local mail on both of our behalf, submits the apps via snail mail and, hopefully, a tag shows up sometime down the road. Maybe I'll get a tag. Maybe I won't. When I shoot a doe, I hopefully remembered the tag, ball-point pen, and something to attach it with to the ear. I then collect my kill and call in the harvest via phone within 10 days. Better make sure I also remove any unfilled tags out of my hunt pack at the end of the season or I might get cited next year!

2) For Missouri (where my farm is), I pull up the "MO Hunting" app on my phone, click the antlerless tag button, enter my credit card info and have it issued electronically on the spot. I shoot a doe and, as soon as she hits the ground, cancel the electronic tag and telecheck the deer/report my harvest with a few clicks right in the same app - no pen, no signatures, no string, no zip ties, no lost tags. Without having to even leave the blind/stand, I then use the app to buy another tag of my choice while there's still legal daylight remaining, and shoot again as opportunity allows. Since I don't have to stop at a check station or even call in to report the harvest, I collect my kill(s), and drive straight home. Any unfilled electronic tags are automatically invalidated in the app at season's end. Accordingly, nobody will ever get a ticket for having an old one, nor can they be used illegally after their issued season. Gotta say, it's kinda nice.
Big Mike, Danesdad, OAWC and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Six-Gun; 06-20-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page