Bill to Remove County Treasurers from Antlerless System - Page 25 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 483Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
Well Rickey it is a simple observation that when some former PGC employees say something and toss numbers around it is taken as the gospel even if those former employees did not work in the field they speak about. That was for the first.

The second one should be simple for someone that is claiming to be in the tech field. I can't type much slower and thank God for spel check. What happens NOW with the system we use if the printer or system goes down at the county office where you sent in your pink envelope. It would all be the same if it went down at wally world or the courthouse. But than again you would not know and could not go to another courthouse until you find out.

Sorry for the confusion. But the system now depends on the same system you say will fail. Waugh!
Agree 100% with that post Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleroo View Post
Pretty sure I can shy away from playing your game, Jim. Serves me no purpose, as you know not what you speak of. The other guy has at least a hint of awareness on the subject.
You still failed to answer Jims question which I thought was valid coming from an expert on the subject as you claim. I thought he posed a great response to your expertise. Without a valid response I will find someone else to clean my pool.

Last edited by 338/378wm; 06-24-2019 at 06:05 PM.
post #243 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 07:32 PM

I applied this year alone in Wyoming, Arizona, Kansas, Iowa, and finally Illinois. All on the computer and no problems. Always had a smooth easy transaction. Always was able to print a license when I had to buy and print one. I am sure all these states have a huge influx of people submitting applications on the first day. Never heard of a problem other than a computer person who thinks he knows more than the current system that is working. Anyway I didnt get a Wyoming tag or Arizona. I did get Iowa and Kansas, waiting on Illinois. Still going to Wyoming this year to watch a buddy shoot a big mule deer and antelope. No problems with POS in any state I ever applied including PA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 07:35 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
Nonsense. Did you not read what the PGC's testimony was? They said the system would be able to handle the volume.
."

Yeah, and they said artificial sweeteners were safe, and they said there were WMD's in Iraq and they said Anna Nicole married for love.

bohunr, pchunter1231 and ruger300 like this.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #245 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
Yeah, and they said artificial sweeteners were safe, and they said there were WMD's in Iraq and they said Anna Nicole married for love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn60YWO218k
I still have the shovel
bohunr likes this.
post #246 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 09:11 PM

She did marry for love. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #247 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 09:53 PM

Yeah, and they said artificial sweeteners were safe, and they said there were WMD's in Iraq and they said Anna Nicole married for love. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG][IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/images/Huntingpa_toucan/smilies/tango_face_grin.png[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]. I’m Off topic but ... great movie!!!
bohunr likes this.
post #248 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I am not trying to be an IT guy.

Trust me. I can tell.

2A-Wash. Co.
post #249 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338/378wm View Post
You still failed to answer Jims question which I thought was valid coming from an expert on the subject as you claim. I thought he posed a great response to your expertise. Without a valid response I will find someone else to clean my pool.

What's the question there, big guy ?

I went back and looked... you mean this ? "Please tell me how the system works now if they do not use a POS system at the courthouse? "

2A-Wash. Co.
post #250 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 08:15 AM

I reckon I'll give it one more college try.

Mailing them thar perty pink envelopes to one of the 67 courthouses in PA, is a completely manual process. It starts with the PGC providing them thar perty envelopes at general license purchase time.... whenever that may be. Joe Hunter lickin' and stickin' a stamp, walking to his mailbox, and dropping it in, is a manual process. Oscar, the local mailman, manually retrieves those envelopes, and they more than likely go to a mail distribution center, to be mailed AGAIN to the courthouse. Once at the courthouse, multiple clerks I would think, process those into a system of course, as Gentlemen Jim alluded to. HOWEVER, once the 67 counties receive them, it is a STAGGERED process. They can do 100 per day. Maybe each clerk is tasked with doing 20/day for 3 days. Who knows. BUT, you aren't taxing a system all at the same time. You don't have to be reliant on 350 printers in 350 different venues, to be performant, when there are single file lines of whizzed off hunters stretching out the door.

This ISN'T hard to understand. There are multiple fail points when you have this type of set-up. Not only software, but all of the hardware points. If the ONE Wal-Mart (kidding... maybe ?) in Cameron County has their printer crap the bed, when all the locals are waiting in line for their 2G tag. It may be a problem ? If you don't think the WMU's that are notorious for selling out quickly, are going to sell out MUCH quicker under this process, think again. The WMU allotment for popular WMU's will be filled once that queue is filled, and the magic number for the WMU allotment is met. If you have to drive from Cameron over to Potter, to stand in line again, you may be left holding the bag.

I went to my local Wal-Mart last year to get an Erie Stamp, as my pal asked me to take a trip with him last minute. We were leaving the next day. The girl in Wal-Mart could not get the printer to stop printing multiple times over the text, rendering the stamp useless. She called the mgr. over and he tried about 5 more times. I told them I'd take it the way it looked, but they would not sell it to me. The next morning, we left early enough for me to try and get the stamp in Erie. We went to the Wal-Mart in Girard ? Their printer was DOWN. We had to google another Wal-Mart, and eventually I did get the stamp. Now, I'm one guy, and that was one event. The process FAILED ME TWICE, due to inadequate hardware performance.

So, MAYBE for the last time. I'm not so sure the current process is bad enough to warrant this switch. IF, they can take away the need to rely on so many issuing agents, their personnel, the hardware at their store, etc.... I can see a much better forecast. Even with the potential for inferior software performance at a critical time.

Oh and, 338/378, did I meet your demands ? And I have my own pool to take care of. Ya still need to find another pool boy.

2A-Wash. Co.

Last edited by Fleroo; 06-25-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page