Bill to Remove County Treasurers from Antlerless System - Page 16 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 483Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:48 PM

I'd just like to see PA advance out of the stone age.
SRA-5C+ likes this.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Sage

Problem is, your idea of the stone age is not universal in the state, there are other opinions that are every bit as valid as yours.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #153 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:56 PM

Right. I imagine cavemen like the way we do things.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
That was a long time ago! I don't know anyone who didn't get the doe tag thy applied for unless they waited until the last minute.
Why is that? Because of the efficiency of the current system, or because there are a lot fewer hunters and a lot more tags now?
jimbridger likes this.

post #155 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:03 PM

i always got a tag.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #156 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 PM

by the way...there are more important things to worry about than who gets a doe tag.

i made a post in the political section regarding California requring a passport or the "Real ID" to buy guns and ammo. it supposedly takes effect July 1st. the problem is, not every one has a passport or Real ID.

and Oregon is in the middle of passing a bill that would ban concealed carry holders from public buildings and parking lots of those buildings, and your home defense gun has to be locked up and you can be held accountable for what ever happens if your gun gets stolen.

go to the political section and reply on the above there "Real ID required to buy guns and ammo" if this succeeds in California it can happen here, PA is run by Demonrats. look what Wolf is already doing.

so who cares who gets a doe tag.
SRA-5C+ and Waynzee like this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #157 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:09 PM
Frequent Contributor

I like the current system have always got a doe tag since 1962 my first hunting season.

ole yeller
post #158 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:14 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
It should be changed, it is an inefficient system and waste of taxpayer resources IMO.

"Too lazy to research..." please, the fact that you have to do that to find which CT offices are better than others is proof positive of my point above.
I completely agree. It took me awhile to figure out that my local CT apparently doesn’t process antlerless apps as quick as I usually didn’t get it award until the second day or later. I now send to a different CT who gets them taken care of much quicker. I understand that this research can be done by every hunter who wants to take the time to do so, but I still fail to see why having to find a CT who takes them more serious or hires extra people or seems to be better at getting apps processed, needs to be part of the equation. If all CTs put the same amount of effort into it, this would not even be an issue, but since they clearly do not and there are so called better CTs to be researched and sought out by the hunter, I agree a change would be welcomed.
jimbridger, Danesdad and SRA-5C+ like this.

Mathews Z7
Ten Point Stealth XLT
Remington 760, 700
Taurus Ragging Bull
CVA Optima
post #159 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:19 PM

It should be changed for that reason alone, nevermind what it would save the PGC.

post #160 of 411 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 08:40 PM

If anybody is thinking the PALS system will be efficient here, think again. I have seen that machine lock up giving trout licenses, let alone 200,000 doe tags the first Monday they go on sale. Remove the county's from the process yes! Is Pals the way to go, nope... And does anybody, anybody really want over the counter first come first served for tags? I'm not in that arena. And then there is the "Lottery" crowd.. Yeah, go see the elk "lottery" and let me know what you think.... If the "puter" is going to do the reasoning for who gets an antlerless tag or not then you severely over estimate the system at hand... I among many do not dig the current system, and there are some court houses that just do not care, and there are even some that hate it, and have tenured employees that could care less about your doe tags, or better yet hope if they dawdle long enough they are sold out. And yet there are others that simply get over whelmed by the shear number of tags received, see Norristown, they take the cake for numbers received. Web based as well, there are web sites that on heavy traffic days (like holiday sales and black Friday) that can nnot handle the volume, so if the on-line guys love this option, when it crashes (error message: system has too many users- try again later) and you miss it because the system crashes, who's to blame. Other states are well, other states... They are not Pa and the numbers will overwhelm any system on line.... Then what? Carrier Pigeons?

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page