Sunday Hunting Passes Committee - Page 7 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:37 AM

A small group, pushing their agenda, is opposed by another small group, pushing their agenda.

Nothing unusual about this, it's how the world works. Doesn't matter if we are talking world leaders or township supervisors.

I'm constantly amazed how some here feel hunters are the most important voice in the process, and everyone else isn't. Agriculture is the #1 industry in pa, our hobby, hunting, is way down the list of give a crap to most politicians.

And pfb? That was the boogeyman a decade ago when they wanted us to hunt MORE (HR) and now they're the boogeyman again when they want us to hunt LESS.(no sunday hunting) That's funny.

Pence/Putin 2024
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellodog View Post
A small group, pushing their agenda, is opposed by another small group, pushing their agenda.

Nothing unusual about this, it's how the world works. Doesn't matter if we are talking world leaders or township supervisors.

I'm constantly amazed how some here feel hunters are the most important voice in the process, and everyone else isn't. Agriculture is the #1 industry in pa, our hobby, hunting, is way down the list of give a crap to most politicians.

And pfb? That was the boogeyman a decade ago when they wanted us to hunt MORE (HR) and now they're the boogeyman again when they want us to hunt LESS.(no sunday hunting) That's funny.
When it comes to hunting related issues I absolutely believe the hunters are the most important voice. The pfb should have absolutely zero say in deer management. And why should it matter to them in the least whether a buck or a doe is shot on Sunday. As far as deer and agriculture go a deer is a deer no matter whether it has antlers or not.

"live and learn, and then catch fish"
post #63 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:47 AM
Frequent Contributor

I don't for one second any member of the PFB actually is opposed to Sunday Hunting in principle..(Save for a very small few that might for religious reasons).
The cynic in me totally believes that the PFB uses their "opposition" solely as a lever to "stay relevant" and "get more" in political negotiations, spilling over into other issues.
"Oh, you want Sunday Hunting? Well you need to give us X,Y,&Z to get it."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:58 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus99 View Post
As was hinted at in the article, I would rather see 3 days pass easily than 14 days fail in the legislature. I'm glad to hear that Sen. Laughlin believes it will pass easily....I hope he is right.

A small victory is still a victory

It's like being a little pregnant !
jimbridger likes this.
post #65 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 10:59 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellodog View Post

There are states that have a much larger farming community/#1 by a much larger margin than PA and also have Sunday hunting. I know PA is different, but there are examples of this not being an issue elsewhere.
DIYASUB likes this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #66 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I vote for the Three Sundays in Late Muzzleloader !

Maybe they just let the individual hunters choose which Sundays they want to hunt on. Get on the website, choose your Sundays, get a Sunday Tag.
jimbridger likes this.
post #67 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:26 AM
Part of the Community

We can all bet two Sundays will be open during firearms deer season. This only makes sense since pgc has stated they are all about increasing opportunity to hunters, and this is when most hunters are in the woods. I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the case. To switch the opening day to Saturday and then not add Sundays to the season would be mind boggling.
The third Sunday id prolly say would be used in bear season, after the Saturday firearms opener.
post #68 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
We can all bet two Sundays will be open during firearms deer season. This only makes sense since pgc has stated they are all about increasing opportunity to hunters, and this is when most hunters are in the woods. I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the case. To switch the opening day to Saturday and then not add Sundays to the season would be mind boggling.
The third Sunday id prolly say would be used in bear season, after the Saturday firearms opener.
Do we really want/need that many high impact days in rifle season? I just have concerns over that many high impact days in rifle.

4B
post #69 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Do we really want/need that many high impact days in rifle season? I just have concerns over that many high impact days in rifle.
After hearing everyone talk about the saturday opener and how it benefits so many hunters. Wouldn’t you want to increase the opportunity even more. As far as impact days and deer harvest numbers, I assume that could be managed by anterless allocations. I’d rather not have Sunday hunting at all.
post #70 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 11:40 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
We can all bet two Sundays will be open during firearms deer season. This only makes sense since pgc has stated they are all about increasing opportunity to hunters, and this is when most hunters are in the woods. I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the case. To switch the opening day to Saturday and then not add Sundays to the season would be mind boggling...
Yeah, I figure it only makes sense that firearms season will be placated the most. I think everyone's first thought when the Saturday opener was announced is that you pretty much have to add in Sunday hunting at that point for it to make any kind of sense. It would be absurd for people to travel to hunt, get one day to do so, and then have to sit around. It will be interesting to see *if* this goes through where the added days end up falling. REALLY interesting, particularly the day(s) outside of firearms season.

As others have stated, as it's currently slated with a 3-day concession versus just passing a blanket Sunday hunting allowance, this whole thing is going to end up with some bad blood amongst various hunter groups, no matter how it's sliced.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page