Sunday Hunting Passes Committee - Page 5 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 02:54 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Your not going to get all Sundays anytime soon no matter how much you write.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL View Post
Is there a reason why not?
I'm assuming he believes the PFB holds final sway over the Legislature, but I'd like to hear his thoughts as well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
I'm assuming he believes the PFB holds final sway over the Legislature, but I'd like to hear his thoughts as well...
You beat me to it but yes that is what i believe that the PFB hold more ground than hunters. I think there would be a big uproar with the non hunters as well since they overly out numbers us. I am neutral so it makes no difference to me either way.

4B
post #43 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:03 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, enjoy the 3 Sundays whatever they may be. Or stay home.
I'll be in my tree or blind.

Not if they give all three to small game. Which I hope they do. I hope they drastically lower antlerless allocations as well. This will appease the "no more deer" folks and if the Farm Bureau wants more deer killed bring them back to the table. In the meantime let small game hunters or groundhog hunters have at it.
Doneworking153 likes this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 03:35 PM

I am okay with this as it stands now. I believe they will add days later. Scenarios like if they decide to move the deer opener back to the monday after thanksgiving it gives the PGC the power to move the sunday also if it is picked this year to be the next day after the Sat. opener. The one thing that results from this is the infighting on who gets the Sunday for their favorite species to hunt. Get ready for all the posts, polls, heated debates

A squakin' turkey don't live long
post #45 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 04:03 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlimbhanger View Post
I am okay with this as it stands now. I believe they will add days later. Scenarios like if they decide to move the deer opener back to the monday after thanksgiving it gives the PGC the power to move the sunday also if it is picked this year to be the next day after the Sat. opener. The one thing that results from this is the infighting on who gets the Sunday for their favorite species to hunt. Get ready for all the posts, polls, heated debates

To add days later we are back to the same process, going through the General Assembly and Farm Bureau.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #46 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 04:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonfoust View Post
To add days later we are back to the same process, going through the General Assembly and Farm Bureau.
Yes we will. HOwever there will be even more data out there that the sky didn't fall. Also some hunters are going to feel slighted that their "season" didn't get any Sundays and are more likely to put pressure on the legislature to include more.

Granted I don't like that it is only 3, but I think we should take what we can get right now. Sounds like it is likely this or nothing.
Marcus99 likes this.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #47 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 05:38 PM

Great news! I just talked to my state senator and he gave me the inside scoop on this 3 sunday bill.

The sundays when hunting will be allowed will be on or closest to March 7, July 8, and August 18.

I do remember when Ohio first allowed sunday hunting, late 80's or early 90's. The first year there were all kinds of restrictions, less the following year, and within a few years there were no restrictions. I'd expect the same thing here, baby steps, til we get where we're going.

This "all or nothing" mentality makes me laugh at some of yinz.
Big Mike likes this.

Pence/Putin 2024
post #48 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellodog View Post

This "all or nothing" mentality makes me laugh at some of yinz.
My rationale against this partial SH bill is it is still legislative meddling in regulations and/or seasons. I am generally against any legislation that meddles in regulations and/or seasons.

If I support this, it sets a precedent that legislative meddling is "okay" in certain circumstances. In my opinion, it isn't. Let the PGC do their job and regulate hunting on a full time basis. Pass a bill that transfers all authority to the PGC.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #49 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 06:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Only Pennsylvania could screw around like this. Either pass Sunday hunting or don't.
Potter Co. Joe and SRA-5C+ like this.
post #50 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-19-2019, 07:01 PM

Well the Politicians caved to the PFB AGAIN! Shocking, and 3 days? Yeah, where are those 3 days going to be.. Groundhog season? What a sham... welcome to Pennsyltucky y'all, only this state could fail to bring this archaic law out of the 1950's...

Here's the common response, Ill beat y'all to it.

"Well you can at least hut crows and ground hogs"
"You got 3 days, not in any season anybody will care about"
"Baby steps, we have to check on our buddies at the PFB to see if they need more coddling."

Sorry, this is frustrating, knowing we had a shot at it and they just plain caved... What's the point..? All or nothing. Archery season is only 4 months away..

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page