Sunday Hunting Passes Committee - Page 10 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 149Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:14 PM

It’s time for hunters to open their eyes and see just exactly what is going on here. The PGC is touted as an “independent” organization but the truth is that they literally need to ask the legislature for permission to put one foot in front of the other. I don’t think many people realize just how much control the legislature has over the “independent” PGC.

It should be no secret at this point that the state wants control over the PGC, their revenue, and their land. They are constantly slapping the PGC down when they ask for things and I truly believe that this latest audit, and the media misrepresentation that occurred afterward, was/is a shot across the bow of the PGC to flex their muscle and show just who exactly is in charge here.

I’m tired of it and will be voicing my opinions to my representatives and whoever else that will listen. This 3 day Sunday hunting bill is a joke and needs to be called a joke by everyone who truly cares about the issue. Tell them to go pound sand and stop meddling in game management.

This 3 day garbage will do nothing but create confusion and animosity between fellow hunters. Why this state has to constantly make things more difficult than they need to be is beyond me. Must be a PA thing...

It needs to be all or nothing, not throwing us crumbs and demanding that we be grateful for it. There is no good reason for not allowing Sunday hunting and plenty of other states that are just as religious as this one and have just as much ag industry as we do, if not more, allow it with zero issues.

The funniest thing as of all of this is that the PFB was adamantly against Sunday hunting because of “safety” issues and not wanting to be bothered by hunters on Sundays, mainly during rifle season. So they back off on their opposition when the bill was reduced to only 3 Sundays, but everyone agrees that rifle season is the most likely time to allow Sunday hunting? So what will the PFB say when the Sundays are applied to rifle season? Will they be back, howling to the legislature, demanding that those Sundays be taken away again?

I usually am not one to do this but I encourage everyone in support of Sunday hunting year round to contact your reps and encourage all of your friends and family to and make your voices be heard. Those in opposition are certainly screaming loudly about it, so it’s time that we push back.
outofstater and johnny v. like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
After hearing everyone talk about the saturday opener and how it benefits so many hunters. Wouldn’t you want to increase the opportunity even more. As far as impact days and deer harvest numbers, I assume that could be managed by anterless allocations. I’d rather not have Sunday hunting at all.
Well it is apparent to me that rifle hunters don't want any additional opportunities, so I don't think rifle should be included.

My guess is that we would see no more than 1 Sunday used in rifle season.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #93 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUGLE BOY View Post
It’s time for hunters to open their eyes and see just exactly what is going on here. The PGC is touted as an “independent” organization but the truth is that they literally need to ask the legislature for permission to put one foot in front of the other. I don’t think many people realize just how much control the legislature has over the “independent” PGC.

It should be no secret at this point that the state wants control over the PGC, their revenue, and their land. They are constantly slapping the PGC down when they ask for things and I truly believe that this latest audit, and the media misrepresentation that occurred afterward, was/is a shot across the bow of the PGC to flex their muscle and show just who exactly is in charge here.

I’m tired of it and will be voicing my opinions to my representatives and whoever else that will listen. This 3 day Sunday hunting bill is a joke and needs to be called a joke by everyone who truly cares about the issue. Tell them to go pound sand and stop meddling in game management.

This 3 day garbage will do nothing but create confusion and animosity between fellow hunters. Why this state has to constantly make things more difficult than they need to be is beyond me. Must be a PA thing...

It needs to be all or nothing, not throwing us crumbs and demanding that we be grateful for it. There is no good reason for not allowing Sunday hunting and plenty of other states that are just as religious as this one and have just as much ag industry as we do, if not more, allow it with zero issues.

The funniest thing as of all of this is that the PFB was adamantly against Sunday hunting because of “safety” issues and not wanting to be bothered by hunters on Sundays, mainly during rifle season. So they back off on their opposition when the bill was reduced to only 3 Sundays, but everyone agrees that rifle season is the most likely time to allow Sunday hunting? So what will the PFB say when the Sundays are applied to rifle season? Will they be back, howling to the legislature, demanding that those Sundays be taken away again?

I usually am not one to do this but I encourage everyone in support of Sunday hunting year round to contact your reps and encourage all of your friends and family to and make your voices be heard. Those in opposition are certainly screaming loudly about it, so it’s time that we push back.
Hunters can only voice so much but we are clearly out numbered here. With the farm bureau and all the other non hunting groups that dont want it we are small potatoes compared to the other groups. Most of our voices fall on deaf ears.

4B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Hunters can only voice so much but we are clearly out numbered here. With the farm bureau and all the other non hunting groups that dont want it we are small potatoes compared to the other groups. Most of our voices fall on deaf ears.
At one time PA hunters had a strong voice in PA. Not so much anymore and it is getting worse.
pchunter1231 likes this.

post #95 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 05:49 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastbank View Post
I know of at least three farms the will be posted no hunting any time if sunday hunting is allowed, they said its just to much for them and their beliefs. to me it doesn,t matter, but I,lll miss not being able to hunt them.
Fine, that's their Prerogative, the private property I hunt the Landowner has no qualms about Hunting on Sunday and there is NO
Reason whatsoever anyone can give me why it should not be allowed.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #96 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

if you lived in amish country, you may understand a little more. I don,t have any thing against sunday hunting if the land owner wants to allow it.
post #97 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:22 PM

As I said before, I went thru this 30 years ago in Ohio. The folks making such decisions aren't as convinced as some on here that it needs to be all or nothing, and neither am I. My opinion is that it will happen a little at a time, just like it did in Ohio, and that in the near future sunday hunting will be here without exceptions.

I don't think the legislature is on a power trip, or trying to show the pgc who's boss, quite the opposite. I think those in Harrisburg are so afraid of offending someone that it makes the status quo the best choice for them in most cases. Don't do anything, don't make any waves, just do whatever it takes to get elected again...

Pence/Putin 2024
post #98 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
At one time PA hunters had a strong voice in PA. Not so much anymore and it is getting worse.
The voice was not strong enough to get Sunday hunting 40 years ago when the federation was at it's strongest. The reason, because there are more non hunters than hunters and they objected to Sunday hunting.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #99 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
The voice was not strong enough to get Sunday hunting 40 years ago when the federation was at it's strongest. The reason, because there are more non hunters than hunters and they objected to Sunday hunting.
So? My point was that hunters have less of a voice now than they did years ago in this state. Do you disagree with that?

post #100 of 133 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

I also believe that more hunters back then opposed Sunday hunting compared to now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page