PGC Audit - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter58 View Post
And we have grown to expect all the conspiracy theories from some! There is an old saying that goes something like "sometimes your too close to the forest to see the trees". You choose to question & pick apart even a good audit! People disparage the AG because he is an elected official. The AG chose the wrong time to audit! The media took this the wrong way! Is there any possibility that your position on all things PGC could be somewhat clouded because of your association with the PGC? I would make a terrible gambler because I would bet with my heart NOT with my head. I believe posting with your heart not your head can be just as bad!! Being an open forum we are are entitled to an opinion within the forum rules. Everyone seems to agree the PGC has done a good job with it's fiscal management.

Ridiculous post! It shows how little you know abut the relationship of the general assembly towards the PGC. They have wanted for decades to get their greedy little meat hooks in the game fund. It galls them that they cannot spend it or control it and they want to do just that. Every time there is a bill or talk about a bill to create one agency from fish and game and there have been several, it is the precursor to putting the PGC under the Governors office. If you think there is no threat, you are not thinking or are not paying attention or both. The General assembly does not like that the PGC can get income from the Game lands and they can't get any of it to buy votes with and now that there has been a windfall of natural gas monies going into the game fund there is even more resentment by the general assembly. I was in the middle of that intrigue for a long, long time. What is said publically by members of the general assembly and what they really want and think are many times worlds apart!
tdd likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter58 View Post
Kinda like "alternative truth???? SMH...what a shame everyone is against the poor little PGC!! If it's not a glowing report ( that this kinda was!!) on these guys it's a conspiracy....I am thinking about inventing blaze orange aluminum foil so all the conspiracy theorist can wear their tin foil hat on the opening SATURDAY of deer season!!! LMAO

I don't really have a side here but this was far from a glowing report. The AG made sure to put out headlines of 43 findings, the most against any agency ever. No mention of anything that most were very ticky tack trying to find something just to justify the position of "No license increase". If you are finding "Glowing report" somewhere, please let me know where.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 12:28 PM

This AG report reminds me of something from my mining days. If an accident or fatality was to occur at an operation, the media folks would look at the MSHA website and recount all the citations they had been given. They would recite how many were S&S ( Serious and Signifigant ). Sounds bad , huh? A leaking hydraulic hose or a wheelbarrow load of coal spilled at a belt drive were written as S&S. Violations were issued for a dirty floor in the bathhouse or a fire extiguisher that was missing a date card. Bunches of meaningless stuff that the media would pile on and lambast the operator to the public. It didn’t matter how tight off a ship you ran, you were always made out to look like an outlaw when they reported a story.
jimbridger and bad primer like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:03 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonfoust View Post
I don't really have a side here but this was far from a glowing report. The AG made sure to put out headlines of 43 findings, the most against any agency ever. No mention of anything that most were very ticky tack trying to find something just to justify the position of "No license increase". If you are finding "Glowing report" somewhere, please let me know where.

43 findings. the most ever from a "State Agency." Well, as a professional coming from a firm that did financial statement audits, compliance audits, fraud audits, construction audits, and likely a few more I can't recall, I will tell you that if you want to find 43 items to put in a recommendation letter, that's not all that difficult to do. In fact, if you just want "numbers" for the findings & recommendations report, you can take one "finding" and break it down to several "number" items on the report.

I'm thinking that the AG never would say he hasn't found more than 43 findings when he includes local School District audits, and municipal audits. I'm thinking the "data base" on more than the #43 expands greatly.

FWIW
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 04:08 PM

AG launches audit of PSP firearms instant background check system. See if it has anything about their illegal database.

TENPT
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 07:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENPT View Post
AG launches audit of PSP firearms instant background check system. See if it has anything about their illegal database.
Probably not the auditor general is a Democrat.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 11:21 PM
Frequent Contributor

Here was one of the AG's recommendations concerning the PGC audit:

Section 521 of the code requires $4.25 from each resident or nonresident license sold, and $2 from each antlerless license sold, be used for habitat improvement. The Game Commission has always complied with this requirement, and routinely sets aside significantly more than the required amount to use for habitat improvement, with the salaries and benefits of some habitat-management employees covered under the set-aside. The Auditor General’s report recommended those employees’ holiday, sick and annual leave should not count toward the set-aside, but the Game Commission contends these costs are benefits related to the cost of habitat work, and nothing in Section 521 excludes these costs.

The AG is absolutely wrong on this point. If an employee works only for habitat improvement, that employee's cost...including benefits such as hospitalization, vacation, holiday, etc is fully allocated to that cost center said employee works in.

That comment the AG made shows he is not well versed in accounting theory. And as I've stated in other post, if an auditor want's to find something......they can write a "finding" about darn near anything they want.
R. S. B. likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page