PA Game Commission's response to the audit - Page 2 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:00 PM

I and many others have been saying for years that it is no secret that the state wants to take over the game commission.

From the constant denials of license fee increases (going on 20 years now) to using the media to spread misinformation (this audit), they are salivating at the prospect of getting their hands on all the PGC’s land and all the timber and mineral rights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:21 PM

I can't find anywhere where the PGC receives an annual audit from an outside entity. I would think, but perhaps not, that they have an internal auditing department.

However, what I would find difficult to believe is that this was the first audit EVER of the PGC.

School Districts are required to have annual audits from CPA firms. School Districts are also audited by the AG office on almost an annual basis.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Banned

They get three audits, one from the Auditor general's office, one from the US Fish and Wildlife Service because of PR funds and one from the legislative budget and finance committee. They would have a very hard time getting away with anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:57 AM

If the Commission had an unexpected windfall, and ended up with that kind of surplus, it was on the commission to make some announcement about it. Give it a spin however they like. But to come out this way, just makes them look bad and demonstrates another positive image booster lost forever due to poor public relations planning.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:03 AM
Sage

Their financials are out there for all to see, because they are published each year in the PA Game News.

In the eyes of some, everything the Game Commission does, "makes them look bad", regardless of the issue at hand. If one chooses to remain ignorant, has a negative attitude and reacts to rumors, that's on them.
R. S. B., jimbridger, Buff and 3 others like this.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 10:03 AM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerstutzen View Post
. But to come out this way, just makes them look bad and demonstrates another positive image booster lost forever due to poor public relations planning.

I cant say I really disagree with that. But I will say that the best and most important image booster for the GC is when I am seeing more turkey, deer and bear than I ever have before and hearing about my buddies success's, what they are seeing in the woods and enjoying some of the best hunting Ive ever had.

I don't care how much cash they have on hand. As long as the job is getting done and we are moving on all's well.
DennyF, Buff, pchunter1231 and 2 others like this.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Boom, another pop in and another grenade meaning nothing.
Boom another suck up to a organization that pays his excessive retirement.
Forestman3 likes this.
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 11:58 AM
Banned

And yet another one! Boom.
Steeltrap likes this.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to 59Willys
In the real world,folks get fired for that kind of incompetence, just saying. That's a lot of money
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:58 PM
Banned

Only incompetence I see is people who open their pie hole before they know what they are talking about. There is no way that a recipient will know how much money will come in annually from gas and oil leases because it depends on how much the companies pump out. Then we have an Auditor General that s running for a higher political office making statements that are half truths to make it appear as though he discovered some kind of wrong doing, which he did not.
jimbridger and Steeltrap like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page