Auditor General: PGC "sitting" on $72 million - Page 7 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 245Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblaster View Post
“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
I totally agree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:10 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestman3 View Post
I totally agree.
Would you agree to a license increase for CWD? Otherwise it's on the nickles they got.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

post #63 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Well I guess we don`t need a license fee hike after all.Hate to say I told you so but.lol

quackmaster4 likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well I guess we don`t need a license fee hike after all.Hate to say I told you so but.lol
You told us so! Told us what, more meaningless words? Your knowledge about the PGC and how much money it takes to run the agency would fit in the period at the end of this sentence with room for twice that much.
browtine64 likes this.
post #65 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 12:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF View Post
FWIW, PennLIve reports that DePasquale is considering a run for Congress.

Probably explains why he's raised his profile in the past several months, with so many pressers for his numerous agency audits, eh?

He is the Auditor General. His job is to AUDIT! It is just a shame when someone does his/her job, and it does not fit some peoples agendas, it's politically motivated. Had the audit been squeaky clean then they would say "that's his job". Or down the road some financial issues crop up the AG is questiond for NOT doing his/her job. It's a no win situation.
No AG can ever please everyone! We have these checks & balances to try & stave off problems.
bohunr and JasonN like this.
post #66 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 12:39 PM
Sage

Money spent on dealing with the spread of CWD, brings up an interesting point.

Thus far PGC has spent in excess of $3 million from the Game Fund, dealing with CWD and continues to spend money on dealing with CWD.

Since the General Assembly took jurisdiction for farmed deer away from PGC and handed it off to PA-AG several years ago, how much has the AG Dept. spent on CWD?

Neither the Gov's office, nor the General Assembly shows any interest in spending tax dollars on dealing with CWD. They have been asked to furnish more financial assistance to PGC on this issue. I know this, because I was present at a meeting last fall, when budget staffers from the Senate, House and Wolf's people, were asked to do so. So far, crickets.

A recently retired legislative budget staffer that belongs to our gun club, laughed about it when he heard some orgs were pressing for more state funding, saying PGC wasn't gonna get one dime for CWD help.

Research continues on turkey issues and the decline of our grouse population. Funded by PGC. But snarky comments continue, because some politician now is upset about a Game Fund surplus.
bohunr and Nightblaster like this.

Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
post #67 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 12:47 PM
Banned

The snarky comments come from the usual suspects, nothing new, any opportunity to take cheap shots!
bohunr likes this.
post #68 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonfoust View Post
Is this fund used to pay pensions?
The PGC is using that money to buy all high school graduates heading to college a complimentary hunting license.

4B
post #69 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter58 View Post
He is the Auditor General. His job is to AUDIT!
I agree with this 100%. However, it is not his job to take something that is a positive, and "grandstand" it to attempt to say "if not for me.....this number would not be disclosed!"

That's just --. The numbers are always there. AG says "ballooned to an ASTOUNDING...BLA BLA BLA!" So what if the amount were $20-million less? Is that "astounding" still?

IMHO, I think the growth in the balance is a good thing. Now,......it's up to the PGC to allocate and spend it wisely.
DennyF, R. S. B., bohunr and 4 others like this.
post #70 of 157 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:33 PM

Its actually sad that some people, including some in this forum actually want the PGC to be in some sort of financial trouble and when it shows that the PGC is good financial status they try to find anything they can to try to call them out for some type of wrongdoing. While they certainly have a lot of surplus, look at their expenditure amount. I personally think that its good that they have this amount of money, my concern is that it doesn't fall into the hands of the wrong people, like our idiot Governor or his money-hungry cronies in Harrisburg. I agree that it sounds like they need to manage their escrow better, but according to the AG the PGC has cooperated fully and has implemented all of his recommendations. As long as the money is put to use where it should, habitat work, more public relations events, updated equipment, and more wardens, I don't think anyone should necessarily complain. I would rather have my wildlife agency super rich and out of debt rather than too far in debt to manage anything. Just my .02.

Check out their surplus and expenditure from a few years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 57155201_10214958840978603_1578985357041467392_n.jpg (77.3 KB, 5 views)

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis
NRA, UBP, NWTF MEMBER
WCO David Grove, LODD 11/11/10
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page