Auditor General: PGC "sitting" on $72 million - Page 4 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 245Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Brownie, The PGC is audited by the Auditor General's office on a regular basis, as well as the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. It is the job of the auditors for the state to find something wrong. I remember one year when the big deal was that they found the armory was short one box of .22 cal long rifle ammunition. They do get that nit picky. Every audit finds something no matter how minor, that is the job of the people who do the audits. The auditor General puts out a News Release and it looks like they really found something but that is not necessarily true.
It looks to me that the PGC came out of this with a clean record. Glad they tightened up on the .22 ammo...Iíd like to know what was spent to uncover the loss of a box of ammo.
The local hospital system here in Butler found out that their Chief Finanial Officer walked away with $1.2 million of the hospitalís monies. Her and her hubby, a former county detective, now have 40 federal charges filed against them.
Steeltrap likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 08:29 PM
Frequent Contributor

I think the bigger thing we need to worry about is the term "lack of fiscal controls" and what that leads to. It has been rumored for a long time that the state government wants its fingers into the bank account of the game commission. This let us help you get your fiscal matters worked out could be the first step to the bank getting robbed.
bohunr, yellodog and Steeltrap like this.
post #33 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:09 PM

Werenít the Unified Sportsmen folks present at the press conference when the audit was announced a while back? That would tell me everything Iíd need to know about the motivations behind the audit.
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 09:46 PM

First the NRA, now the PGC. Don't kill the messenger FIX IT so my grankids will be able to enjoy hunting.
bohunr and Hunter58 like this.

TENPT
post #35 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 10:36 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
He's been doing audits on lots of different entities.
And so? As a retired CPA who did many public entity audits, fraud audits, and for profit and non-profit audits, I know of what I speak. Just because he did a lot of audits, means just that....he did a lot of audits. So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR View Post
Woods Walker can try to minimize it all he wants with his little anecdotes about an unaccounted box of ammo and try to convince us that they just nitpick but the fact is the issue is about millions of dollars they have and can't even show how they got it.
Can't show how they got it? That's a joke of a statement. The money was deposited. How hard is it to know where it came from? All one needs to do is look at the deposit in the bank and know where it came from. Banks are REQUIRED to keep a digital image of the check that was deposited into any account. DePasquale knows this....and if he doesn't, then I question his proficiency. How do you think the IRS obtains such information? It's not brain surgery......and that's good 'cause if it required that.....we would all die of aneurism's.

Dave
bohunr likes this.
post #36 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:18 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Brownie, The PGC is audited by the Auditor General's office on a regular basis, as well as the Legislative Budget and Finance Committee and the US Fish and Wildlife Service. It is the job of the auditors for the state to find something wrong. I remember one year when the big deal was that they found the armory was short one box of .22 cal long rifle ammunition. They do get that nit picky. Every audit finds something no matter how minor, that is the job of the people who do the audits. The auditor General puts out a News Release and it looks like they really found something but that is not necessarily true.
In most cases they have to find something to justify there job. I know this is a little different but my wife manages a large apartment complex that is government funded. Every so often she goes thru different inspections. They always find something as you mentioned like the box of 22 shells. Some people just have to justify there job in different ways. If the investments went well we can thank Trump!
bohunr likes this.
post #37 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightblaster View Post

As for natural gas money..... To many politicians are getting elected by making up lies about the natural gas industry. If this state begins to tax the gas companies and add on additional taxes for the land owners that are lucky enough to be getting a royalty. Those gas companies will leave Pennsylvania in a hurry.

i dont think they would. they havent left the other states that applied those taxes and fees

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #38 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-30-2019, 11:36 PM

when i was in charge of the Armory at work. we had to account for every round of ammo that was used and not used. we counted targets, cleaning supplies, everything. we deducted what we used and balanced that against the stock that was left. we kept a monthly record of everything, coming and going.

never had a problem when the county auditors showed up to do their audit. i can believe the State found one box .22 ammo that was not accounted for at the PGC.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #39 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 05:57 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
i dont think they would. they havent left the other states that applied those taxes and fees
Other states don't have the Natural Gas Drilling impact fees that Pennsylvania already has in place. If these companies were hit again, with a severance tax, they just might leave.
Buckbeast likes this.

I will prepare and someday my chance will come. - Abraham Lincoln

post #40 of 157 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:11 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

A state agency that has a healthy balance is a good thing and something I am happy to see. I anm sure some politicians see that money and would like to get their hands on it.
bohunr, Buff, Hiamovi and 2 others like this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page