PFSC Condems PA Farm Bureau - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 487Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Waynzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: N.E. PA.
Posts: 437
Back To Top
PFSC Condems PA Farm Bureau

PFSC Condemns PA Farm Bureau Attacks on PA’s Hunters and 2A Rights

May 21, 2019

PFSC respects the rights of the PA Farm Bureau to oppose SB147, the current legislative effort to transfer full regulatory authority for Sunday hunting to the PA Game Commission. However, PFSC strongly condemns the current strategy being deployed by the PA Farm Bureau in voicing that opposition.
Repeatedly over the past decade or more, the PA Farm Bureau leadership has misrepresented Pennsylvania’s hunters. We have been constantly portrayed as unsafe.
But most seriously, the PA Farm Bureau has repeatedly stated their desire to have “gunfire free Sundays”. This is, without any doubt, an attack on our Second Amendment rights.
Mark O’Neill, Media & Strategic Communications Director, Pa. Farm Bureau appeared on a PCN television program on February 19, 2019, and stated: ”When you are shooting the gun, the noise doesn’t stop at the property line, the bullets don’t stop at property lines.”
Mr. O’Neill is not alone in making these anti-gun, anti-hunting comments. Other PA Farm Bureau staff have made similar comments relative to their desire to not wanting to hear “gunshots on Sundays”.
Most recently, Mr. Joel Rotz of the PA Farm Bureau offered quotes that PFSC finds extremely offensive: May 20, 2019, York Daily Record article (Read Here)
PA Farm Bureau: A Powerful Influential Lobbying Organization
  • PFSC takes these calls for “gunfire free Sundays” very seriously, because the PA Farm Bureau is very influential in Pennsylvania’s legislatures. Therefore, we urge all Pennsylvania sportsmen and sportswomen and their shooting clubs to take action immediately to defend our Second Amendment rights.
    Contact the PA Farm Bureau today at Pennsylvania Farm Bureau | PO Box 8736 | Camp Hill, PA 17001-8736 | Phone: 717.761.2740. Tell them to stop attacking our Second Amendment rights, as well as our landowner rights, and our hunting privileges.
    Also, we urge everyone to contact their PA Representative and PA Senator, tell them we have a right to enjoy our firearms on Sundays, and that the PA Farm Bureau is wrong in their opposition to hearing gunshots on Sundays, and their portrayal of Pennsylvania’s hunters and shooting enthusiasts.
    PFSC is requesting all member clubs, state organizations, and individual members take action immediately to support our Second Amendment rights and our hunting heritage.
    Thank you,
    Harold Daub
    Executive Director


    What do you fellas think of this??

Waynzee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:24 PM
Senior Member
 
dpms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 17,579
Back To Top
I have been saying it all along. The members of the farm bureau, who are largely pro hunting, should be demanding that their leadership be cleaned of the stank, even is a member is against Sunday hunting. PFB leadership has thrown hunters under the bus on many occasions over the Sunday hunting issue.

PFB leadership and/or spokespeople have said hunters are unsafe, that the public should be fearful of hunters in the woods, that "gunfire" is a bad thing on certain days.

The PFB continues to ask the PGC for more tools to negate crop damage, then turns around and bashes hunters and gun owners. Membership should be holding the leadership's feet to the fire over the disparaging comments coming from the organization. A member can oppose Sunday hunting but still be supportive of hunters and our sport.

Shame on any members that sits idly by while leadership bashes the sportsman of this state.
Bull, bohunr, Bates and 8 others like this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
dpms is offline  
post #3 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:58 PM
The Man
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 6,060
Back To Top
The PFSC should simply state the reasons why they support Sunday hunting.

They should not accuse the PA Farm Bureau of attacking 2nd amendment rights, simply because the PFB wants to maintain the current and long-standing rules regarding Sunday hunting.
troutbert is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:18 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pa. Lehigh
Posts: 2,440
Back To Top
Sounds like the common theme of making up ridiculous claims to support ones personal agenda.

The accident statistics are open for everyone to view. Facts are facts when it comes to hunter safety, the hunters of Pa have a very good safety record.

As far as hearing gun fire. I have 4 ranges within miles of my home, I hear more gunfire on a Sunday from those ranges then I do the first Monday of deer hunting.

Good luck, Tony
bohunr, RyanR, Six-Gun and 1 others like this.
Tony300wby is offline  
post #5 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:42 PM
Regular Member
 
Buckskin Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Posts: 1,228
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynzee View Post
PFSC Condemns PA Farm Bureau Attacks on PA’s Hunters and 2A Rights

May 21, 2019

PFSC respects the rights of the PA Farm Bureau to oppose SB147, the current legislative effort to transfer full regulatory authority for Sunday hunting to the PA Game Commission. However, PFSC strongly condemns the current strategy being deployed by the PA Farm Bureau in voicing that opposition.
Repeatedly over the past decade or more, the PA Farm Bureau leadership has misrepresented Pennsylvania’s hunters. We have been constantly portrayed as unsafe.
But most seriously, the PA Farm Bureau has repeatedly stated their desire to have “gunfire free Sundays”. This is, without any doubt, an attack on our Second Amendment rights.
Mark O’Neill, Media & Strategic Communications Director, Pa. Farm Bureau appeared on a PCN television program on February 19, 2019, and stated: ”When you are shooting the gun, the noise doesn’t stop at the property line, the bullets don’t stop at property lines.”
Mr. O’Neill is not alone in making these anti-gun, anti-hunting comments. Other PA Farm Bureau staff have made similar comments relative to their desire to not wanting to hear “gunshots on Sundays”.
Most recently, Mr. Joel Rotz of the PA Farm Bureau offered quotes that PFSC finds extremely offensive: May 20, 2019, York Daily Record article (Read Here)
PA Farm Bureau: A Powerful Influential Lobbying Organization
  • PFSC takes these calls for “gunfire free Sundays” very seriously, because the PA Farm Bureau is very influential in Pennsylvania’s legislatures. Therefore, we urge all Pennsylvania sportsmen and sportswomen and their shooting clubs to take action immediately to defend our Second Amendment rights.
    Contact the PA Farm Bureau today at Pennsylvania Farm Bureau | PO Box 8736 | Camp Hill, PA 17001-8736 | Phone: 717.761.2740. Tell them to stop attacking our Second Amendment rights, as well as our landowner rights, and our hunting privileges.
    Also, we urge everyone to contact their PA Representative and PA Senator, tell them we have a right to enjoy our firearms on Sundays, and that the PA Farm Bureau is wrong in their opposition to hearing gunshots on Sundays, and their portrayal of Pennsylvania’s hunters and shooting enthusiasts.
    PFSC is requesting all member clubs, state organizations, and individual members take action immediately to support our Second Amendment rights and our hunting heritage.
    Thank you,
    Harold Daub
    Executive Director


    What do you fellas think of this??

Hardly an attack on the 2nd Amendment. And the PFSC knows this of course. They are using those words and those phrases to get the response they want from PA hunters. And if you don't go along with them then you must be anti second Amendment your self. Same old stuff, different day.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Buckskin Dave is offline  
post #6 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Waynzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: N.E. PA.
Posts: 437
Back To Top
I'm neither against or for Sunday hunting but what I am against is people with some kind of authority speaking out against PA. hunters being unsafe. Those people need another job title, like toilet cleaner.
Also making comments like having "gunfire free Sundays " doesn't help our 2 nd Amendment rights.
I wonder if there is any way to get those people out of the PA Farm Bureau.
bohunr and br1k like this.
Waynzee is offline  
post #7 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:39 PM
Senior Member
 
dpms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 17,579
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckskin Dave View Post
Hardly an attack on the 2nd Amendment. And the PFSC knows this of course. They are using those words and those phrases to get the response they want from PA hunters. And if you don't go along with them then you must be anti second Amendment your self. Same old stuff, different day.
Do you support the PFB's position that hunters are unsafe and that we need gunfire free days?

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
dpms is offline  
post #8 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:40 PM
Senior Member
 
dpms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 17,579
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbert View Post

They should not accuse the PA Farm Bureau of attacking 2nd amendment rights, simply because the PFB wants to maintain the current and long-standing rules regarding Sunday hunting.
Do you support the PFB's position that hunters are unsafe and that we should have gunfire free days?

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
dpms is offline  
post #9 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:51 PM
Senior Member
 
dpms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 17,579
Back To Top
A hunter or gun owner giving the PFB a pass on their rhetoric against the safety of hunting and the need for a gunfire free day just because one is against Sunday hunting is an interesting conundrum to put oneself in. It speaks volumes.

One would think that all hunters and gun owners would be able to unite against the filth spewing from the leadership and spokespeople of the PFB in regards to this issue.

Nothing wrong with opposing Sunday hunting. There is plenty of good discussion to be had without spewing lies about the safety of hunting and challenging the rights of gun owners to use their weapons as they please.
bohunr, Uncle Johnny and lynxone like this.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!

Last edited by dpms; 05-22-2019 at 08:58 PM.
dpms is offline  
post #10 of 509 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Regular Member
 
Buckskin Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Posts: 1,228
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
Do you support the PFB's position that hunters are unsafe and that we need gunfire free days?

We have been over this ground so many times I could type my response in my sleep. Which you will ignore and continue with your agenda until no one will answer you any more. Not interested.
jimbridger, bohunr and Buff like this.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
Buckskin Dave is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome