PFSC Condems PA Farm Bureau - Page 50 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 487Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #491 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
Well if that is how you see it it must be true. Thank you for telling me my opinion. Waugh!
Well. Clarify for it for all of us then. Do your support legislation that transfers regulatory control of Sunday hunting to the PGC? It is a simple question.

You keeping spinning round and round about who is in control, who is really in control, who should be in control, what oversight is and is not, etc...............

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #492 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
Spinning from the truth yet again trying to cling to a position not based in fact. I fully support tougher trespass and trespass while hunting as a game law violation.

Now to get back to your deflection of the intent of my statement. Currently, the PGC does not enforce trespass so the PFB's statement on trespass is another misleading statement put out by them.

Well someone should have told that deputy that was enforcing the trespass law when he got his gun taken away from him. But you will spin that to your way of thinking. Heck the state police don't enforce trespass laws when that is the only violation. just like the wardens. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #493 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF View Post
That was the wording I was reading all along. It is even in the first post that started this topic. Some just blocked that out. Waugh!

Care to explain what it is that you're referring to with this one?

PFB's position has been that they don't want to be bothered with hunters asking for permission on Sundays. They further note in their position statement, that they don't want hunters interfering with their (farmers') "day of rest".

Now, they've sent out an alert to oppose SB 147 and included a statement that they value hunters and don't want to interfere with them. What is that supposed to mean?

"Still landowners would like that one day a week where they can enjoy their land without having to worry about interfering with hunters."

Go read the OP post and the link attached. It clearly states they don't want to interfere with hunters not that they are afraid that hunting is not safe.

"Our farmers believe they should have one day a week to have the ability to go out and enjoy the land themselves and not worry about getting in the way of hunters or having hunters come to their doors asking for permission to hunt," said Joel Rotz, who handles the bureau's government affairs and communications." Waugh!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #494 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Heck the state police don't enforce trespass laws when that is the only violation. just like the wardens. Waugh!
State police should be enforcing it. Hunters shouldn't have to be burdened cause law enforcement won't do their jobs. Sounds like we have a law enforcement problem, not a hunting problem.

So the PGC shouldn't have regulatory control of Sunday hunting cause police won't do their jobs. Yeah that makes sense..............

Last edited by dpms; 06-15-2019 at 08:31 PM.
post #495 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Actually John, I am right and you are right regarding PGC enforcement of trespass and you are wrong about me being wrong. What I said was the PGC does not enforce trespass. Notice I said trespass, the act, cause it is a crimes code violation. Not trespass combined with other violations. My statement is correct that the PGC does not enforce the act of trespass, unless there is a game violation, as you pointed. Which I am well aware of, BTW.

The PFB statement said trespass and made no mention of game code violations. In the absence of violations, the PGC will not be rushing anywhere to enforce trespass. So the PFB statement is misleading as I mentioned originally.

However they were speaking of trespass while hunting. That is why they oppose the Sunday hunting. Not all hunting just Sunday hunting when they may be away from the farm or just enjoying the farm. Walking through a safety zone with a firearm is a game law violation and if done while trespassing both laws are enforced.

All or nothing never back down. Waugh!

post #496 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:37 PM

Quote:
However they were speaking of trespass while hunting.
They are and the PGC will not enforce trespass unless there is a game violation. The PFB said "trespass". The simple act of trespass won't get much of a sniff from the PGC currently, so to imply that Sunday hunting will burden the PGC more is misleading.

Quote:
All or nothing never back down. Waugh!
This was pointed out before to you by several folks and you ignored it. One side came to the table and wanted to find common ground. The other side said what part of no don't you understand. So, I guess the side you seem to be advocating for is actually the side that is being potentially harmful in their approach....................

Last edited by dpms; 06-15-2019 at 08:40 PM.
post #497 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Well. Clarify for it for all of us then. Do your support legislation that transfers regulatory control of Sunday hunting to the PGC? It is a simple question.

You keeping spinning round and round about who is in control, who is really in control, who should be in control, what oversight is and is not, etc...............

No.
Not until the landowners concerns are addressed and there is a compromise. The PGC gets beat up enough without placing this mess in their lap. Fix it make it right and than hand it off to them without tying their hands, Only the full statement stands not just the no. No chopping it up for your liking.

When the PGC gets the authority there should be no "oversight" or pressure applied how and when they use it. Comments and polls are fine but legislative pressure for votes should be blocked.

If they try adding it and need to remove it it should be removed before any other part of the season or tag allegations are removed. This last is my opinion not a stipulation. Waugh!

post #498 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:43 PM

Quote:
No.
Glad to see I had you pegged correctly.

Anyway. I told myself I was gonna stay out of this back and forth nonsense moving forward. I made my points in this thread. Carry on. Carry on.

post #499 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
State police should be enforcing it. Hunters shouldn't have to be burdened cause law enforcement won't do their jobs. Sounds like we have a law enforcement problem, not a hunting problem.

So the PGC shouldn't have regulatory control of Sunday hunting cause police won't do their jobs. Yeah that makes sense..............

Sounds like you want to compromise as long as you get what you want and give nothing in return. You can bet when the rural areas start paying out of pocket for the PSP protection they will demand they enforce trespass laws. Waugh!

post #500 of 509 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Glad to see I had you pegged correctly.

Anyway. I told myself I was gonna stay out of this back and forth nonsense moving forward. I made my points in this thread. Carry on. Carry on.

How could you have been wrong . You are always right. Waugh!
Buff, JB#24 and Woods walker like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page