Greene County Man Sues PGC - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Greene County Man Sues PGC

https://observer-reporter.com/news/l...3-jHi3WwofD-9c

A Greene County man sued a wildlife conservation officer with the state Game Commission for allegedly filing false charges against him.

The complaint, filed in federal court by attorney Joel Sansone, contended Officer Brandon C. Bonin targeted Marko Demaske, filing 31 violations of the state game and wildlife code from summaries to felony offenses in 2017. The charges alleged Demaske killed or took approximately 13 white-tailed deer in 2015, which Sansone claimed was false. The charges were later dismissed by a Greene County judge.

Bonin seized antlers from Demaske’s property that was occupied by a tenant, according to the suit. Officers also seized 30 pounds of suspected deer meat from one of his tenants and seized a large quantity of suspected deer meat from Demaske’s mother, Sansone wrote.

The complaint contended that the affidavit of probable cause filed against Demaske does not indicate any deer meat or antlers were seized from Demaske directly or at property he owned.

“Defendant Bonin’s affidavit of probable cause did not include any facts or evidence whatsoever of the commission of any crime and/or misconduct by (Demaske),” Sansone wrote, adding that Bonin had previously accused Demaske of wrongdoing.

The complaint also cites an incident in 2014 in which another individual was not criminally charged in similar circumstances, and alleges false accusations were made against Demaske several years prior to the 2017 incident, which Sansone states came from a longstanding animosity harbored against him by the state Game Commission and Bonin.

On Feb. 14, 2018, the charges against Demaske were dismissed in the Greene County Court of Common Pleas.

Sansone is seeking compensatory and punitive damages against Bonin, along with legal fees.
jimbridger and bohunr like this.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 12:08 PM

Move over eggs I need to pop some corn. Waugh!
Muzz, bohunr, Steeltrap and 1 others like this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:07 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

A Conservation Officer overstepping his bounds, harboring a grudge??? Say it isn't so.......
BBB likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:15 PM

one officer doesnt make the whole bunch bad either. IF, this Officer acted improperly and, IF he acted out of malice in an attempt to wrongly charge and convict this guy...then the Officer needs to go and be charged with Official oppression.

there are two sides to every story, let it play out and see what happens. The evidence needs to be presented at the civil trial too...lets wait and see.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 01:37 PM

If the officer is in deed found to be in the wrong, he could be the next man up to take the vacant seat on the BOC.

4B
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:43 PM

I wait till all the facts are laid out before I decide on the validity of the charges against someone. I’d like to believe that the allegations made against the officer are fabricated, but stranger things have happened.

Here’s a story from the late 70s that I know to be true.....I had a friend who was a trapper like me and we both were trapping in and around a state park here in Butler County. He was fox trapping, I was water trapping. He had many run ins with the park manager, mainly over bad blood from when he used to be a park employee. I was at his home shortly before Christmas when a citation from the state park rangers arrived in the mail. It stated he was being charged for driving through fields in the north side of the park two days ago, and in the citation was a description of his truck, with his plate number. The problem was this....the motor seized up in that truck in early November and I towed it home with him the same day. Apparently, someone from the park knew what he normally drove and recorded the info of his truck on the citation, unaware of the fact it was broke down.

I went to a Magistrate hearing with my buddy, to testify that the truck was inoperable for the last 6 weeks. No one from the DER showed at the hearing and the charges were dismissed. It has caused me to take pause and try to get all the facts before I form and opinion.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:02 PM

I know someone with personal knowledge of the guy doing the suing. Demaske. He's an idiot.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:39 PM

I know someone that just had his home searched by pgc. They took heads from his wall that were years old. ( totally unrelated to what they came after him for). (Abandoned vehicle). Reason given for taking his heads were that they didn't see tags in the pics in his photo album. Then told him the heads would be destroyed. They told him when they came there they saw a rattlesnake skin so they got a search warrant. They have charged him with all kinds of things that they can't prove.
His lawyer told him to let it play out and then they will sue the pgc.
My description of this story is not very detailed but I know most of the details and was really bothered by the treatment of this fellow and how they went after this guy. Lifelong hunter lots of trophies and things taken legally that he has to fight to get back. Some belong to his kids. I was just shocked at how they went after this guy and how far they went.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:59 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
I know someone with personal knowledge of the guy doing the suing. Demaske. He's an idiot.
Yeah and one of the biggest poachers in the area,hope they throw the book at him!!
bohunr and Danesdad like this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukehunter3 View Post
Yeah and one of the biggest poachers in the area,hope they throw the book at him!!
yep.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page