Winds of "change" - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 81Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:07 PM

Well said SRA-5C+

Your freedom to be you, includes my freedom to be free from you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:13 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
Well the next logical step is to allow small game hunting during the Rifle deer season. It is open during all other deer seasons and there is no reason to prevent hunters that have already tagged out from enjoying the privilege of hunting for two weeks. Safety can't be an issue if all must wear orange and in the other combined seasons deer hunters don't need orange. Waugh!

I have wondered that for years, I know other states does it. I remember back in the one and done days you could of still enjoyed the woods and put people in the woods moving deer. As a squirrel hunter years ago I always wonderd in der season where they all came from.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
Well the next logical step is to allow small game hunting during the Rifle deer season. It is open during all other deer seasons and there is no reason to prevent hunters that have already tagged out from enjoying the privilege of hunting for two weeks. Safety can't be an issue if all must wear orange and in the other combined seasons deer hunters don't need orange. Waugh!
Yep! Squirrels are the best recruitment tool there is.
jimbridger, JoeG52, GSP66 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 07:21 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

““For hunters, our fellow hunters that have missed decades of openers due to being the low man on the totem pole where they must work and provide a living for themselves and their families. Where when time off is settled from dispute by seniority, they often fall short and are denied the opportunity to hunt Monday, and often the following week. And with them are the sons and daughters who can not travel with the family due to the parents working without that opportunity to take off””

Very nicely said.

I don’t usually even request off for gun openers due to archery, but this is extremely well said. I bet this brings it home for a few on here. Makes you wonder what kind of super supreme seniority some of the aggressive naysayers have.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 09:07 AM
New Arrival

We have seen a lot of change overthe years, and change is hard to get used to, and may cause some to be slighted, that being said the changes that were made this year will provide a greater oppurtunity to more hunters than it would negatively effect. You are spot on with this post, the impact of change will be a positvie one because they are providing you more time to be afield vs restricting it. I couldn't agree more with the positive changes made this year and hope to utilize as much of the improvements made as possible!
I plan to hunt as much as possible now because it is entirely that something like cwd could end our tradition entirely. So i for one am grateful for what we have and will be taking advantage of the new opener, longer bear seasons and such!
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 07:13 AM

SRA.... great Scorpions song.... I actually heard it on my playlist coming to work!

Post was great, and even though I was against the Saturday thing somewhat cause of the camp shenanigans, I am good with it now. But I am with Elk Yinzer, I would like the doe season back. it was a fun weekend!
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:14 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacksnQuacks View Post
Anybody else start singing the Scorpion's song when they read the title?
Not the signing, but the whistle intro.....
RacksnQuacks and Pahack like this.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 12:18 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
SRA.... great Scorpions song.... I actually heard it on my playlist coming to work!
Saw The Scorpions and Alice Cooper at Harvey's Lake, back in the day.
Pahack likes this.
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL View Post
Saw The Scorpions and Alice Cooper at Harvey's Lake, back in the day.
Wow... never knew they played there!
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 09:03 PM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by whil e kioti View Post
Then the 1st day of "gun" season would be in October...the camp"Traditionalists" would freak out.

Nah. No worries there. There is no more tradition. That's all hunting history that will be forgotten as the men that lived it die off. Really the only thing that matters now is "getting it done" and who has the biggest antler pics on their smart phone. You know, the important stuff.
Wainzoid and pchunter1231 like this.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in