Letter to BOC - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 567Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Sage

Letter to BOC

Sent this morning.

To the Board of Game Commissioners this morning.

Gentlemen, congratulations, you have just destroyed 60 years of hunting tradition for thousands oh hunters who go to deer camp. You have pulled the rug out from under loyal PGC supporters for what reason I still am not sure. If you are expecting this move to recruit more hunters or to retain more hunters you are wrong. This is no more than change for change sake, throwing a spitball against the wall and hoping it sticks. This move had not one thing to do with wildlife management, if that were the case I would not feel so strongly that you really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated and would have been able to support you as I have done for decades. I have been hunting since 1958 and have been involved with the PGC in an employee position for over 32 years and I am still working with the agency and will continue until we reach our goal but only until then. I cannot hold my head as high as I used to when people asked my what I did for a living. I have had nothing but comments from upset hunters since your action yesterday and I assure you you made a terrible misjudgment and have turned supporters into detractors. You still have time to undo your mistake. I hope as a group you think long and hard about what you have done, which will accomplish not one thing positive and rescind this mistake at the next meeting of the Board.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Terrible.
Loggy and srr5008 like this.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.
post #3 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Sent this morning.

Gentlemen, congratulations, you have just destroyed 60 years of hunting tradition for thousands oh hunters who go to deer camp. You have pulled the rug out from under loyal PGC supporters for what reason I still am not sure. If you are expecting this move to recruit more hunters or to retain more hunters you are wrong. This is no more than change for change sake, throwing a spitball against the wall and hoping it sticks. This move had not one thing to do with wildlife management, if that were the case I would not feel so strongly that you really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated and would have been able to support you as I have done for decades. I have been hunting since 1958 and have been involved with the PGC in an employee position for over 32 years and I am still working with the agency and will continue until we reach our goal but only until then. I cannot hold my head as high as I used to when people asked my what I did for a living. I have had nothing but comments from upset hunters since your action yesterday and I assure you you made a terrible misjudgment and have turned supporters into detractors. You still have time to undo your mistake. I hope as a group you think long and hard about what you have done, which will accomplish not one thing positive and rescind this mistake at the next meeting of the Board.
excellent. I’m lease let us know if you get a real reply.
Buckskin Dave likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:14 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I like it.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #5 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:17 AM
dce

That's gonna get John banned from the PGC lol.
DennyF, jimbridger and outofstater like this.
post #6 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:17 AM

You have a very high opinion of your opinions I'll give you that WW.
JasonN, Loggy, bigbear and 10 others like this.
post #7 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Sent this morning.

So.....you WANT them to rescind this? You WANT them to act now? You WANT them to see the error of their ways? Wonder where I've heard that before.......?
Tony300wby, RyanR, dragman and 4 others like this.

“Aw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.”

“Just because I don’t care doesn’t mean I don’t understand.”
post #8 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:23 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Funny, majority of the hunters I know like the change and will like it even more when we have Sunday hunting.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #9 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:25 AM

What I do not get is how is it ruining tradition. The Monday after the opener on Saturday is still open season. So if you want to keep your tradition go up to your camp on the weekend like you always do and hunt that Monday. Or if your tradition is just going out Monday do that instead of Saturday. There will still be plenty of deer in the woods. Nobody is forcing anyone to hunt that Saturday. It is not that they took a day away they just gave an extra option.

Democracy: 2 wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
Liberty: Well armed lamb contesting the vote.
post #10 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Frequent Contributor

Oh the delicious irony
dragman likes this.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page