Letter to BOC - Page 22 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 567Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #211 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdd View Post
I talked to our HR person yesterday, who’s husband is a hunter.

Asked if he was upset by the news. She didn’t even know what I was talking about.

I asked if we were going to revise the calendar.

Response- “No way... that’s not worth the bad feelings it would cause”
Thats what sick leave is for!!! Lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #212 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 05:57 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

In my case I have vac time and enough of it for this purpose. I can hunt what days I want in rifle season, for the most part.
Pahack likes this.
post #213 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I commend you for your effort and feel your passion but this is not the voice of all.
The implementation of AR was far more earth shattering than the change of the opener in my opinion.
But yet we moved on and got through it.
The BOC didn't come up with this on a whim. It was a long thought out process even though the vote was close.
I'm chiming in after 22 pages and I do not see an Overwhelming support of your complaint, it's a mixed opinion maybe 50/50?
The homework was done on this issue and I believe those that voted in favor felt their was enough evidence to where it was worth the risk.
I'm not at all against your post but you make it sound like the BOC committed Political suicide.
By making this change sound so Disastrous I think were only shooting ourselves in the foot.

Potter County
Gods Country USA

Last edited by Potter Co. Joe; 04-12-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #214 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:29 PM

Amazing how many here are anointing the PGC for this change, let's see how many are still on the bandwagon cheering them on next time they ask for a hike in license fees.
Muzz likes this.
post #215 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:30 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birch812 View Post
Amazing how many here are anointing the PGC for this change, let's see how many are still on the bandwagon cheering them on next time they ask for a hike in license fees.
Oh, I'm your huckleberry., I've been in support of a license increase for a while now.
Buckethead, bigguy54 and srr5008 like this.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.
post #216 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 05:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
I'm not anointing them at all if your referring to my post, if you have read my post in the past you'll see I've had plenty
of beef's with the PGC.
I'n this situation I'm calling it like I see it.
As far as a license increase goes they have my vote now, way overdue.
1 Happy Hunter likes this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #217 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:23 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yep, way overdue for a license increase. Paltry expense now, for the enjoyment myself and my family get out of it. I can get my kids all licensed up cheaper than one Xbox game. WAY cheaper than one night out at the movies....
WAY cheaper than a lot of things, especially if you consider how many hours you can potentially participate over the length of any particular season.

Anyways, to stay on topic, I was at a 50th anniversary party on Saturday and there were 7 other hunters there. 4 of them have a camp up near Cooks Forest. They were all for the change in the first day but they, like me, were bellyaching that its past due to get Sunday hunting legalized. The other 3 guys hunt local or @ different camps for first day or archery and they were ALL also for the change of first day or at least ok with it. Just sayin'.......
RyanR likes this.

Suburban redneck.

Last edited by justgrad25; 04-16-2019 at 08:18 AM.
post #218 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:38 AM
Part of the Community

R U serious Clark?

We would go up sometimes Thanksgiving night. Shop Friday and then hang out on sat and Sunday.

Now?

I can take my children up and hunt Sat. Hopefully they pass Sunday hunting and we get Saturday and Sunday.

The trick will be when to put up your stand

Maybe time for new traditions.

One thing is for sure.. it will be different and I wonder how it will effect those who will start on Monday for whatever reason and will the Sunday become busy with Stand movers.

AMGOA - FOAC
"Without either the first or second amendment, we would have no liberty; the first allows us to find out what's happening, the second allows us to do something about it! The second will be taken away first, followed by the first and then the rest of our freedoms."
-- Andrew Ford
post #219 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Which will be soon. They aren't extending all those other seasons for nothing. Plus, fish and boat is about to get theirs. The PGC will get one within two years, at the most.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.
post #220 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter Co. Joe View Post
I'm not anointing them at all if your referring to my post, if you have read my post in the past you'll see I've had plenty
of beef's with the PGC.
I'n this situation I'm calling it like I see it.
As far as a license increase goes they have my vote now, way overdue.
They keep making a license increase every time they make you buy another tag to hunt something.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page