Letter to BOC - Page 18 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 567Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #171 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:42 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 1,640
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M. View Post
Why do you consider those of us from the city, "flatlanders" That don't no anything about hunting. Just go up to the mountains to try shoot your deer & get drunk & cause trouble.
Well I have a few friends in Tioga county & they too opposed the move to Saturday.
Great post there bro. . Read your post big boy did I ever call anybody a flatlander? Did I ever say anything about YOUR deer.? Seems like YOU have a major city complex going on there. Did I ever say all you do is get drunk and cause trouble? Sounds like YOU are used to this activity and have to defend yourself every time you come up this way. I have no respect for you as what you posted has no facts and I never said anything that YOU brought up. So sad someone from the southeast would try to represent your fellow hunters in the way you do. If I lived down there I would stay fafr away from you.
338/378wm is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #172 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:44 PM
tdd
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Berks County, PA
Posts: 7,116
Back To Top
Just a couple other thoughts...

I hope they reopen their email address. I have been crafting an email of my own to send. I'll not share it here, because I don't find there's any value in my case to me doing so. I just want to share my thoughts with the board.

Aside from that, it should be pretty well known on here I hunt archery and flintlock seasons, too. And that I hunt in 5C.

This means I have 10 weeks to hunt with a bow (well, now 10 weeks -1 day) before the rifle opener is even here. Once rifle season is over, I still look forward to 4-ish weeks of flintlock season. So that's approx 14 weeks of deer hunting available without rifle season. While I enjoy the heck out of rifle season, it's a very brief part of my deer hunting experience from year to year. That's a large part of why I don't have real strong feelings on this issue. I lean in favor because of my daughter.
cspot and CleoW like this.

Last edited by tdd; 04-10-2019 at 08:48 PM.
tdd is offline  
post #173 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Sage
 
DennyF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cumberland County 5A
Posts: 25,011
Back To Top
Bah, sez me! Only thing they've done this year that I really appreciated, was finally giving us darn near a month of flinter season. Yay to that!

Now I'll have to think up another excuse why I didn't get one after Christmas, beyond my standby, "It rained half the season".


Some folks' learnin' curves just look like circles...3A Camp/also hunt 4B
DennyF is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #174 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:54 PM
tdd
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Berks County, PA
Posts: 7,116
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyF View Post
Bah, sez me! Only thing they've done this year that I really appreciated, was finally giving us darn near a month of flinter season. Yay to that!

Now I'll have to think up another excuse why I didn't get one after Christmas, beyond my standby, "It rained half the season".

This past flint season was the first one in a while that I didn't put a ball in flight. Just was a weird season from September through Jan for us for deer activity. I've hunted the same property for 20 seasons and this one was an outlier for sure. We all did well, but a lot of luck was involved.

And I learned in flint season there's a mature doe there that really needs to be turned into steaks. She's way too smart.....
bigguy54 likes this.
tdd is offline  
post #175 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:05 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: pa
Posts: 1,640
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M. View Post
Why do you consider those of us from the city, "flatlanders" That don't no anything about hunting. Just go up to the mountains to try shoot your deer & get drunk & cause trouble.
Well I have a few friends in Tioga county & they too opposed the move to Saturday.
Fake news on your part, Does not surprise me Though on you part. Show me where I ever called anybody a "flatlander" as you say. Must be your slang or a southeast thing. Your deer? what is that that you describe or comment to? All the deer in this great state belong to the hunters on PA . Did I ever say all you do is get drunk and cause trouble? I dont think I ever said that. Maybe you condone that activity and participate in that every time you go hunting. I really hope your friends in Tioga /county do not condone all your drunken causing trouble activities.
CleoW likes this.
338/378wm is online now  
post #176 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:13 PM
tdd
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Northern Berks County, PA
Posts: 7,116
Back To Top
Enough.

Go to pm's to bicker person to person.

You've both made some points, now be done with this little go-'round that's not really part of the topic anyway.

I regret even mentioning that I've experienced some of this stereotyping because I fear it'll just feed the fire.

Please be done with it.
bigguy54 likes this.
tdd is offline  
post #177 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:15 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 1,850
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by elk yinzer View Post
You have a very high opinion of your opinions I'll give you that WW.
haha isn't that the truth
Hunter8319 is offline  
post #178 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 3,190
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
I do not have a camp, it will not affect me, surprise. I do however have a lot of friends who have camps and or go to camp and contrary to the nonsense being said by the Saturday crowd it will and now does affect them negatively. As I said in my letter, if there was a biological reason it was needed, I would have supported it, there was and is not any reason other than making a change. Of course I would not have publicly opposed it if I was still employed, however, there is no doubt I would have opposed it in house as hard as I could have and as I did with other things that the commission and the agency wanted to do.
What's the biological reason for the crossbow you use? I thought it was a social issue to get more hunters into the woods, kind of like the Saturday opener.
CleoW likes this.

Iím a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
bigbear is offline  
post #179 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Shippensburg, pa
Posts: 553
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Im in the same boat. My son would have had a basketball tournament this past season Saturday after Thankgiving but was cancelled due to ice. When i was in school our school was always off first day of buck and first day of doe when it was 3 days doe. Wasnt long after 3 day doe went way we had that day taken away and had to be in school. I have a feeling same will happen with the monday after Thanksgiving in time.
To be honest, the school scenario probably should have already changed. I have 3 kids. Ages 22, 16 and 11. I asked all of them how many kids got a deer or went hunting. Todays youth simply are not in the woods like they were in the days of many of us. The 11 year old said she only knows of 2 kids in her grade that go hunting. I can say I see very few in the woods also and I hunt just about every other day. I see the same thing happening with fishing. Spoke to a waterways conservation officer the other week and he said the same thing. It is trend in more than just the outdoors stuff. Every hobby seems to blaming the others for the lack of participation.
JMackanick is offline  
post #180 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Regular Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 1,850
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Nope not overwhelming support on this site or anywhere else for that matter. BOC stating the same yesterday.

https://www.huntingpa.com/forums/65-...ener-poll.html

According to the member list there are over 37,000 registered members. Only 400 members voted on that poll. There was nothing overwhelming about that poll in either direction. Nearly every person I know is for the Saturday opener.
CleoW likes this.
Hunter8319 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome