Letter to BOC - Page 16 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 567Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #151 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:25 PM

You guys playing the "school will be open on Monday" are forgetting that there is a union that school boards will have to deal with?
casey likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
Thats my point, they didnít need to decide prior to this change. And this is suppose to get more youth involved. This is very counter productive and Iím sure the BOC had to think about this issue. Do they not care that kids play in sports this weekend? Oh thatís right they didnít care what 65 percent of the hunters wanted in PA.
Sorry you feel that way as far as your children. Maybe you should talk to them about how they feel about what they want to participate in other than posting here about 65%. Sounds like this is more about you than them. That is sad as you are speaking for people who have not spoken. And now reading your post this is all about you and what is best for you and not about the most hunters with children who can adapt and make change work for them and their kids if the kids want to participate.
post #153 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
My only comment in this thread will be right here.

The discussion was passionate on both sides of the issue. Some were able to keep it civil others were not. The decision has been made whether it came down on your side or the other side.

Am I happy this decision was made? Yes. But it has been made and it is time to move on, no matter which side you were on. You won't see me gloating or throwing the decision in other's faces. I understand this decision will negatively affect some and am sympathetic too it. Likewise, for those that continue to demonize the supporters of this proposal, it is time to put the decision aside, accept it, and work together as hunters moving forward. Some will benefit from the change as well. Recognize that it isn't bad for everyone and move on.

Spot on.
casey, SlickShot and Westrim like this.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 PM

Regardless of whether I agree with WW or not, at least he did something proactive instead if just being mad or grousing on a message board.

And like several others here who's opinions I don't always agree with, if I was in a knock down drag out fight, I'd want WW on my side.
bigguy54 and whil e kioti like this.

2 weeks of rifle season is ruining the flintlock season
post #155 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Part of the Community

Woods....sounds llike CNN after Trump won
Loggy, srr5008, Westrim and 1 others like this.

Mathews
G5 T3
2D
post #156 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:54 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackbarrel View Post
Funny, majority of the hunters I know like the change and will like it even more when we have Sunday hunting.
Same here, talked to 28 friends/relatives. 25 were for Saturday opener. Times change. Improvise, Overcome,Adapt.
Loggy, srr5008 and CleoW like this.
post #157 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asajoe1 View Post
I help out at a sports shop and with our trout opener this Sat. have spent many hours there the past few days. I have not heard a SINGLE person come into the shop that is in favor of this!
Must be only exclusive to your shop as I have many friends out in Lycoming County who are in favor and cant wait for the new day. Must not be a shop anybody I know frequents.
dragman likes this.
post #158 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338/378wm View Post
Must be only exclusive to your shop as I have many friends out in Lycoming County who are in favor and cant wait for the new day. Must not be a shop anybody I know frequents.
I have many friends down here in the South East part of the state, both in Phila. & in the surrounding counties, everyone of them opposed the Sat. Opener.
post #159 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
While I generally agree with your point of view,there are plenty of days in the week for kids to do both and I feel that both are important.They shouldn't have to choose.
dce I respect your opinion but I do feel the kids should make decisions. If they make a decision without influence by a parent or outside source they are making a decision for them. That is great and a great path to the future of our kids today. The kids should have a right to choose what is more important to THEM without any parent or website influence. If they want sports great, support them. If they want to go hunting by all means support that and teach them what you know and how to be a great hunter. Some kids will go to the hunting side and some will not. Please do not ever try to make a kid who does not want to hunt a hunter. You will do more harm to that kid than anything.
Mussgrass likes this.
post #160 of 299 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Hildenbrand View Post
You guys playing the "school will be open on Monday" are forgetting that there is a union that school boards will have to deal with?

This is correct.

Our school board will be discussing this at the next work shop.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page