Letter to BOC - Page 10 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 455Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
this change has put a big wedge within the hunting ranks. They should have known going in that this change no matter if it was passed or not was going to cause this kind of friction within the hunting ranks and it has in a very negative way. Rifle season is such a big deal to PA sportsman and messing with a season that means alot to most folks will ultimately cause chaos. I think the friction has actually gotten worse since its passed but should die down at some point.
pchunter I highly doubt it drove any wedge between hunters. If any of your friends were if favor of Saturday opener and as you posts are so adamantly against it, would you not have them as your friends again? I have one good friend that wants it to remain Monday, he knows my feelings, but we are still great friends. The only friction I see is right here on this website with people who cant see each other. I also see no chaos here. The orange army from the southeast will still come up the Turnpike, but now on Friday. I worked on SR-80 for 25 years and saw more hunters going west on Friday then I did on Saturday. See I had to work the weekend prior to the opener on Monday. I actually had to work day shift on Sunday before the opener. I had no camp to go to but I did what worked for me and had both weeks of the season off. If this change happened when I still worked I would not have been able to hunt Saturday as the agency I worked for made the schedule months in advance. That was my weekend to work and we respected it and lived with it as it was our job to have appropriate coverage and protect and assist the people of this Commonwealth. Point being I believe the hunters you speak of, if they truly want to get to CAMP will get there one way or the other. I am sure many CAMP hunters are already making changes as we speak and not yelling about this.I am sure most are adapting and overcoming a wrench thrown into their already hectic schedule. Thats what makes a great hunter, the one who can adapt to change, whether it be deer densities, movements or regulation changes. To the great hunters who do adapt, I applaud you.
CleoW likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R. S. B. View Post
It doesn't make any difference what so ever if some of them were neutral on whether it was Saturday or Monday of it they were asked if they were neutral on the survey. There was no neutral day being offered. The question was and still is either Monday or Saturday, there was no other option. When people answered they provided their preferred day. Their answer was they preferred it remain on Saturday.

It really is exactly that simple, even though some obviously want to make it look like some cloudy gray issue.

Dick Bodenhorn
Actually it is not that simple. A neutral option could/would have given the PGC a accurate way to determine the level of care/concern by the people taking the poll

Poll #1- 100 people are polled and you get a result of For Saturday 40%, For Monday 60%, Neutral 0%

Poll #2- 100 people are polled and you get a result of For Saturday 4%, For Monday 6%, Neutral 90%

Neutral has the ability to make a huge difference. Since there was no Neutral option the PGC has no idea what the majority of hunters want or the level of interest in the subject.

But again; what the majority wanted was not what the vote was based on.

Good luck, Tony
JasonN, Penndraght and CleoW like this.
post #93 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Sage

A neutral position is not an opinion, it is a position and should not carry any weight in a pro or con query. It simply means they don't care one way of the other so they do not tilt the scale either direction, they have no skin in the game.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:23 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk yinzer View Post
When I was a kid we used to go to this diner for breakfast. There was a group of old men that was there every day. Ostensibly they like each other because they enjoyed each others company for breakfast each morning, day after day, year after year. But they bickered, fought, and argued nonstop. Day in, day out. Never friendly conversation, just debates and bickering. But we always got such a kick out of watching it. I like to figure this place is just a modern day approximation of that diner. A place for those bored to spout off with no real hard feelings. Real world I think very, very few are taking this too seriously as to cause any sort of division.
JasonN, Vonfoust and Mussgrass like this.
post #95 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:23 PM

Quote:
It doesn't make any difference what so ever if some of them were neutral on whether it was Saturday or Monday of it they were asked if they were neutral on the survey. There was no neutral day being offered. The question was and still is either Monday or Saturday, there was no other option. When people answered they provided their preferred day. Their answer was they preferred it remain on Saturday.

It really is exactly that simple, even though some obviously want to make it look like some cloudy gray issue.

Dick Bodenhorn

I feel differently and so do many others....it does matter. The THREE most reasonable options weren't available.
Wingatchtochwilsit and CleoW like this.

You really under estimated the ramifications of the boondoggle you have just perpetrated!
post #96 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338/378wm View Post
pchunter I highly doubt it drove any wedge between hunters. If any of your friends were if favor of Saturday opener and as you posts are so adamantly against it, would you not have them as your friends again? I have one good friend that wants it to remain Monday, he knows my feelings, but we are still great friends. The only friction I see is right here on this website with people who cant see each other. I also see no chaos here. The orange army from the southeast will still come up the Turnpike, but now on Friday. I worked on SR-80 for 25 years and saw more hunters going west on Friday then I did on Saturday. See I had to work the weekend prior to the opener on Monday. I actually had to work day shift on Sunday before the opener. I had no camp to go to but I did what worked for me and had both weeks of the season off. If this change happened when I still worked I would not have been able to hunt Saturday as the agency I worked for made the schedule months in advance. That was my weekend to work and we respected it and lived with it as it was our job to have appropriate coverage and protect and assist the people of this Commonwealth. Point being I believe the hunters you speak of, if they truly want to get to CAMP will get there one way or the other. I am sure many CAMP hunters are already making changes as we speak and not yelling about this.I am sure most are adapting and overcoming a wrench thrown into their already hectic schedule. Thats what makes a great hunter, the one who can adapt to change, whether it be deer densities, movements or regulation changes. To the great hunters who do adapt, I applaud you.
My friends are not on this site and i am the only one out of the circle that goes to camp anymore. I choose to go to camp because i love the solitude and the big woods. I dont go to camp to party or any of that and go visit folks that i havent seen for a year. My grandfather, now my son, and me are the only ones that go to camp for deer anymore. 20 or so go up for bear. I have plenty of places around home but camp feels just different for rifle. My friends just like the Monday opener opener for their own reasons and a few like the Saturday but we dont argue like we do on here because its a civil debate and no arrogance or any of that nonsense and its different as we know each other and understand one another. For the first time I can honestly say i can accept this response from you because it actually seems genuine this time. Good luck on the up coming season.

4B
post #97 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
A neutral position is not an opinion, it is a position and should not carry any weight in a pro or con query. It simply means they don't care one way of the other so they do not tilt the scale either direction, they have no skin in the game.
Wrong. Reasons have been clearly given.

Look at it this way. Maybe if the PGC/BOC had done a complete poll and gotten accurate results, it may have swayed their vote toward keeping the opener on Monday.

Good luck, Tony
CleoW likes this.
post #98 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:30 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackbarrel View Post
Funny, majority of the hunters I know like the change and will like it even more when we have Sunday hunting.
All of those I hunt with "hate" the change.
Peenoe Hunter and Stetam like this.
post #99 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:

Dick Bodenhorn
Maybe you should figure out first what the heck your even posting. Twice now you have said the PFSC voted for Saturday.
CleoW likes this.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.
post #100 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 02:31 PM

I can’t wait till all these change and progress guys are back in a few month telling us how the “pink envelope” system has no flaws or drawbacks and can’t be improved at all.

Remembers guys tradition means nothing and even if there is a faint chance something will help it must be done even if no one wants it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page