Let me get this strait - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 09:34 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Sounds great to me! Opportunities will only continue to increase!! Don’t get too set in your new traditions...Sunday hunting won’t be long. Archery from October through January. Etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:43 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007hunter View Post
Sounds great to me! Opportunities will only continue to increase!! Donít get too set in your new traditions...Sunday hunting wonít be long. Archery from October through January. Etc.
Yes it seems Sunday hunting will be the next step. I'm guessing inlines in the late muzzy season will follow after that. At least for a portion of that season.
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:29 AM
Banned

Not missing a thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
We got an early muzzy/youth bear season,an extra week added to archery bear.an extra week for muzzleloader,simplified orange regs,an extra day to rifle hunt and everyone is whizzed off?What am I missing?

Dce, you're not missing a thing. It's the whiners and pouters who are missing something. Not wanting to get a ban, I'll stop right now. Cheers. CleoW
Mussgrass likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Part of the Community

Hey Jakes, thanks for the concern. I bear hunt PA on opening day of NY deer season. When NY went to opening on Saturday with Sunday hunting the woods were largely void on hunters on Monday. NY didn't get a bump in license sales, several of the parks in the southern tier that kept cabins open for hunters closed because the guys renting them went home Sunday.
The Saturday opener will not only inconvience camp owners but families that travel for Thanksgiving that stay home and hunt locally. I'm ok with everything that has been proposed but that.
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:01 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Some guys would complain if you hung them with a new rope
jimbridger and yellodog like this.

Heaven has a gate, walls, and strict immigration policy.... enough said.
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:22 AM

What I do not get is how is it ruining tradition. The Monday after the opener on Saturday is still open season. So if you want to keep your tradition go up to your camp on the weekend like you always do and hunt that Monday. Or if your tradition is just going out Monday do that instead of Saturday. There will still be plenty of deer in the woods. Nobody is forcing anyone to hunt that Saturday. It is not that they took a day away they just gave an extra option.

Democracy: 2 wolves and a lamb voting on lunch.
Liberty: Well armed lamb contesting the vote.
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 12:38 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjjk View Post
What I do not get is how is it ruining tradition. The Monday after the opener on Saturday is still open season. So if you want to keep your tradition go up to your camp on the weekend like you always do and hunt that Monday. Or if your tradition is just going out Monday do that instead of Saturday. There will still be plenty of deer in the woods. Nobody is forcing anyone to hunt that Saturday. It is not that they took a day away they just gave an extra option.
Or go up Saturday, like always, and get a few hours of hunting in on Sat afternoon. Saturday night, you can still drink beer and play poker. Sunday you can split firewood, visit friends, relax around camp,etc...then hunt all day Monday.
crazyjjk, loridr, 10der222 and 1 others like this.
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:16 PM

I wonder why hunting in Pa is losing hunters.
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestman3 View Post
Every state is losing hunters for a wide variety of reasons.

Pennsylvania is not losing hunters as fast as most other states.

Dick Bodenhorn
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:36 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestman3 View Post
Video games, social medial, instant gratification, me too, no patience, the me to get a trophy, Dad doesn't take the time, Mon miss everyone if they are gone for 1 day, grass needs mowed.....

The point I'm trying to make is if you are a licensed hunter and don't offer or take a youngster hunting things will most likely get worse. Sad but I think it's a sign of the times. Everything is so fast paced now and I wonder if anyone really knows how to relax. When you're older it's nice to be in the woods whether hunting or walking around. The days go a little slower. believe me you'll appreciate slower days as you get older.

As info. I did catch 2 trout Saturday in 8 hours fly fishing. It was a lovely day.
Buckskin Dave likes this.

Last edited by Laylow; 04-14-2019 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page