Saturday opener was approved - Page 31 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 432Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy View Post
I think this change will be embraced even by the naysayers over time.I,d betcha a beer at the Boars Nest if it was reversed(Starting a Monday opener over a traditional Sat.opener) there would be blood curdling screams about losing a Sat opener.
of course there would. The outrage is mostly over loosing the opener.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:43 PM

All in all I wish the PGC would have taken another season to really research this change. They seemed to want it done and over with too quickly. A lot of people schedule vacations and have them approved at the beginning of the year not now. Many hunter struggle with mandatory hours on Sat. even though they are not regular scheduled hours as many places have changed their work days from the traditional Mon. thru Fri.

Also Has anyone considered what impact this change makes on the law enforcement end. I would think it would throw a wrench in their schedules and planning from past years.

The change is here and this season we will see how it goes. Maybe someone will shoot a tremendous buck hopefully a young hunter on this day that would otherwise be in school.

Then again maybe this move turns out to be a mess and its changed back as they are already indicating. We shall see and lets just go huntin' people.

A squakin' turkey don't live long
post #303 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:48 PM
tdd
Super Moderator

PGC is indicating they want to change it back...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:50 PM
Part of the Community

Several days after the fact, still feeling very bitter about the change. Maybe even more then on Tuesday. The more and more I think about it, the less sense it makes.
post #305 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdd View Post
the meeting highlights say they are going to monitor license sales and comments. I’d be shocked if it went back unless we saw a mass exodus, which I doubt.
post #306 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
The last paragraph in the highlights meeting pertaining to the Sat. opener leads me to believe that they are considering it.

A squakin' turkey don't live long
post #307 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 08:56 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
the meeting highlights say they are going to monitor license sales and comments. I’d be shocked if it went back unless we saw a mass exodus, which I doubt.
Well, then let's hope they have the sense to "monitor" things until after all the doe tags are sold...
I could see some holding out buying their licenses/tags till the last possible moment in an effort to sway things... but they'll buy 'em prior to all the tags getting snatched up.
post #308 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Well, then let's hope they have the sense to "monitor" things until after all the doe tags are sold...
I could see some holding out buying their licenses/tags till the last possible moment in an effort to sway things... but they'll buy 'em prior to all the tags getting snatched up.
I dont see them changing it this year anyway. i suspect they will never switch it back to Monday. The next opener will be the Sunday after Thanksgiving next year
bohunr and SRA-5C+ like this.

4B
post #309 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
I see no way at all they change this year. If things got really bad sales wise they might try something next season but I even doubt that other than Sunday passing. I don’t see a Sunday opener happening either.
bohunr likes this.
post #310 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Really ?

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page