http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken66 View Post
So to the guys that supported this decision, the added allocation of doe tags, increased bear seasons and increased deer season days, remember when the deer numbers we so low and EVERYONE was complaining. Now itís gonna happen again and also with bear, so keep on supporting the PGC, and donít cry when weíre not seeing deer or bear!!!!!!
I never complained about deer numbers. So looks like you made a false statement on that.
JasonN likes this.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.

Last edited by RyanR; 04-10-2019 at 10:16 AM.
post #273 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:13 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hey guys, We'll survive this, just like when they did away with the stand alone doe season or added Saturday bear. I'll have to something different with the grandkids, maybe change the camp thing some. Maybe move Thanksgiving ahead a couple days to get it out of the way, Ha Ha. We all have bigger thing to overcome than this little thing!
JasonN, Vonfoust, 325wsm and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
;0SHHHHH!!! dont tell them

This makes me ponder something: I wonder how many 'hunters' won't even know it starts on Saturday this year? I mean, it'll be in virtually every newspaper....online and otherwise, on every news broadcast, in the once-again-free digest, circulated at every bar and hunting circle via word of mouth, etc, etc. However, the same was done with bear season and guys didn't know. Guys didn't know when concurrent seasons started that you could shoot doe....then when they split the season again some still thought you could shoot doe the first week.

The bear season change has me also wondering if the woods will be dead in few years on Monday. There's a pretty sharp drop for the second day of bear. The third day is about non-existent hunter wise. I've never hunted the fourth day. I wonder if deer season will be similar?
bohunr likes this.
post #275 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonN View Post
This makes me ponder something: I wonder how many 'hunters' won't even know it starts on Saturday this year? I mean, it'll be in virtually every newspaper....online and otherwise, on every news broadcast, in the once-again-free digest, circulated at every bar and hunting circle via word of mouth, etc, etc. However, the same was done with bear season and guys didn't know. Guys didn't know when concurrent seasons started that you could shoot doe....then when they split the season again some still thought you could shoot doe the first week.

The bear season change has me also wondering if the woods will be dead in few years on Monday. There's a pretty sharp drop for the second day of bear. The third day is about non-existent hunter wise. I've never hunted the fourth day. I wonder if deer season will be similar?
Dont be surprised if the first Monday is dead this year. From the comments on here and other places, a lot will use that vacation day they normally use for the Monday opener in Archery now and camp guys will just come home Sunday now.

4B
post #276 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Dont be surprised if the first Monday is dead this year. From the comments on here and other places, a lot will use that vacation day they normally use for the Monday opener in Archery now and camp guys will just come home Sunday now.

I don't know....hence the pondering!

What I do know is that I used to live 1/4 mile SR66 north of Clarion. Starting around 4pm on Thanksgiving the traffic started....all heading north, all with orange. There were gaps where you could cross traffic and head south. Friday....good luck with that...it was a constant stream of vehicles heading north ALL DAY AND NIGHT and into Saturday until lunchtime when it began to wane. Sunday there was always a rush from late morning until dark and then it was back to normal until Monday evening when the same thing started again this time heading south.

My point is folks have always headed en masse 'to camp' starting on turkey day.....to hunt on Monday. I don't know how opening on Saturday is going to affect Monday or those that used to wait until Saturday or Sunday to head to camp.
post #277 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 AM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by peddle-paddle View Post
It shouldn't affect the Saturday night get drunk poker game tradition.
Correct. Until mandatory Sunday hunting is instituted, Saturday night drinking is still a go.
JasonN and RyanR like this.
post #278 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:53 AM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
Take this for what its worth, some of you guys suck and you know who you are. just re-read this thread to find out. slapping yourselves on the back while driving a wedge between the ranks.

same as the anti-gun threads. some of you mensa members just cant see whats happening. the Democrats are winning and you guys are laughing and self congratulating.

what you (WE) should be doing is calling our reps and demanding the give the PGC the fee increases they are asking for instead of doing what you geniuses are doing.

What in the world does this have to do with Democrats?!

Some of you guys are just Babies! Wah! (not to be confused with Waugh!)
triggercreep likes this.
post #279 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 11:04 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
I think there's been a trend lately of more hunters opting to use more vacation time for the second week, when buck and doe are legal. I'm certainly one of those hunters that tends to opt this way.

If you ask me, once hunters begin to adjust to the new Saturday opener (and if Sunday hunting becomes a reality) I think it could help pump some life back into the hunting camp tradition. Camp guys and hunters in general could look forward to a full weekend of buck hunting and come back up the following weekend for buck and doe. Same thing with bear season. I also think you'll see more hunters planning full weekend trips to hunt PA during archery and small game season too.
Vonfoust likes this.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.
post #280 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:52 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
One more time for anybody who canít grasp the simple concept .....

IT IS ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTINUE A TRADITION BUILT AROUND A MONDAY OPENER IF THE OPENER IS NOT ON MONDAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
It doesnít matter one bit if you go hunting during college. Everyone makes choices that are right for them. What matters here is if you come back to hunting after. A Saturday opener will not help increase that one bit.
I had to miss all four opening days while I was in college. My last exams before finals and finals themselves were always the two weeks after Thanksgiving. #$%^$ Pitt!!!!!! I would have been happy to have a Saturday opener then, and have no problem with it now. Get over it.
OAWC likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page