Saturday opener was approved - Page 27 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 432Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #261 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:28 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
I will be the bigger man. No point in arguing over something we cannot control now that its passed. I just want congratulate those that got the change they wanted. Do i like the change? Absolutely not. At the end of the day we are all sportsman no matter what opinions each of us have on this touchy subject. This change benefits some and some it will have the opposite affect. Time will tell if it was worth it or not. My prediction as it stands that there may be a few more sales next year and maybe the year after but soon we will be back to where we are now. If they keep adding more doe licenses and more deer are harvested, when guys stop seeing game we will start declining again. That is just my opinion. Good luck to everyone for whatever days you can get out. I am curious to this one question, with other states that everything PA wants, Sunday hunting, SA, ect.... why are they losing hunters faster than we are with all those extra implementations that we currently dont have?
The simple answer is CHANGES...the complicated explanation is...when comparing one state to another...when (how recent or long ago) changes were made...the percentage of lost hunters is just that...a percentage...if a recent change is made that attracts some new hunters or pulls some hunters back...that will offset the average loss for a season or so...once that change is established as the new norm...the average loss will start to increase again...unless other changes are made...Pa...has been experiencing a lot of changes recently.

Only fools fight in a burning house...Day of the dove

Last edited by whil e kioti; 04-10-2019 at 09:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #262 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

So to the guys that supported this decision, the added allocation of doe tags, increased bear seasons and increased deer season days, remember when the deer numbers we so low and EVERYONE was complaining. Now it’s gonna happen again and also with bear, so keep on supporting the PGC, and don’t cry when we’re not seeing deer or bear!!!!!!
pchunter1231 likes this.
post #263 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:39 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken66 View Post
So to the guys that supported this decision, the added allocation of doe tags, increased bear seasons and increased deer season days, remember when the deer numbers we so low and EVERYONE was complaining. Now itís gonna happen again and also with bear, so keep on supporting the PGC, and donít cry when weíre not seeing deer or bear!!!!!!
Yep, that 7.8% increase in antlerless allocation will definitely wipe out the herd. You can say you heard it here on HPA first!!
Tony300wby likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #264 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:41 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

You can talk numbers till your blue in the face, reality is PGC made a money decision and that’s all it was, I can’t look at a game Commissioner the same way again
post #265 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken66 View Post
You can talk numbers till your blue in the face, reality is PGC made a money decision and thatís all it was, I canít look at a game Commissioner the same way again
So the PGC gave their customers (hunters) added opportunities afield, plus they added revenue. Looks like a Win Win to me!

Good luck, Tony
post #266 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:49 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
If this doesn't kick in until 21/22 as was posted here yesterday, we still have time to inundate the BOC with letters to rescind this stupidity!

"I want, I want, I want"

ďAw, people can come up with statistics to prove anything, Kent. Fourteen percent of all people know that.Ē

ďJust because I donít care doesnít mean I donít understand.Ē
post #267 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:53 AM
Frequent Contributor

It shouldn't affect the Saturday night get drunk poker game tradition.
JasonN likes this.
post #268 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:54 AM

I missed 5 opening days in a row due to college and the Police Academy. IT SUCKED! I mean, it was miserable. If this change means a good sized group of people don't have to experience that, then I say great!
JasonN, Tony300wby, 325wsm and 2 others like this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #269 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peddle-paddle View Post
It shouldn't affect the Saturday night get drunk poker game tradition.
I'm sure the bars will still be full by noon on Saturday "cause there ain't no deer"
JasonN likes this.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #270 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 09:59 AM
tdd
Super Moderator

I donít know where the ďdoesnít kick in until 21/22Ē came from.

Opening day for rifle deer season in PA in 2019 is Saturday Nov 30.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page