Saturday opener was approved - Page 25 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 432Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
and what happens when everyone thats upset about this start to pester the right legiscritters until they combine the PGC, the PFBC with the DNR ?

dont under estimate the stupidity of angry people.

Unfortunately, this change is coming too... Divide and conquer.
bohunr likes this.

Last edited by Buff; 04-10-2019 at 04:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Take this for what its worth, some of you guys suck and you know who you are. just re-read this thread to find out. slapping yourselves on the back while driving a wedge between the ranks.

same as the anti-gun threads. some of you mensa members just cant see whats happening. the Democrats are winning and you guys are laughing and self congratulating.

what you (WE) should be doing is calling our reps and demanding the give the PGC the fee increases they are asking for instead of doing what you geniuses are doing.
Sad but true. I was worried about our sport before and after all the changes that have been approved i am even more worried. Sit back and actually look at what is happening. The changes may look good on paper or in your eyes but you may have a different outlook in a few years. The arrogance of a few on hear after Saturday passed is really driving a wedge in the ranks.
bohunr, bigguy54 and TnT55 like this.

4B
post #243 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
Hey ruger, isn’t it amazing how some will tell you how to experience your traditions?
It's more amazing that some won't answer directly if "tradition" is about being first or the experience of hunting with their traditional cohorts.
it’s about all of it. You have been told that several times but can’t comprehend it. You can’t tell someone how to participate in their own tradition and you can’t remove part of it and say it won’t change anything.
bigguy54 and ruger300 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:02 AM
Sage

If this doesn't kick in until 21/22 as was posted here yesterday, we still have time to inundate the BOC with letters to rescind this stupidity!
Fleroo likes this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #245 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Sad day in PA history!
Don't worry. In a decade or two, when the PGC wants to change rifle deer season again, people will be up in arms to keep it as it will be this fall. The cycle continues.
Yup!
post #246 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white hunter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
Sad day in PA history!
Don't worry. In a decade or two, when the PGC wants to change rifle deer season again, people will be up in arms to keep it as it will be this fall. The cycle continues.
Yup!
of course they will. They will be forced against their will to make changes now and in a decade or more they will want to fight to keep those traditions. Maybe the next time it will be for a real reason that actually does something positive.
post #247 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:34 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Take this for what its worth, some of you guys suck and you know who you are. just re-read this thread to find out. slapping yourselves on the back while driving a wedge between the ranks.

same as the anti-gun threads. some of you mensa members just cant see whats happening. the Democrats are winning and you guys are laughing and self congratulating.

what you (WE) should be doing is calling our reps and demanding the give the PGC the fee increases they are asking for instead of doing what you geniuses are doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
Sad but true. I was worried about our sport before and after all the changes that have been approved i am even more worried. Sit back and actually look at what is happening. The changes may look good on paper or in your eyes but you may have a different outlook in a few years. The arrogance of a few on hear after Saturday passed is really driving a wedge in the ranks.

This is a bit dramatic, dare I say Drama Queen. If I met up with Cscott or WW or pchunter or (insert anyone else who really hates this decision) in a few weeks, I would buy each of them a round or two of drinks and we could hit the woods for spring gobbler in the morning.

I look at some of the back and forth between hunters kinda like a sibling thing....we can fight about stupid crap amongst ourselves, but as soon as an outsider has something to say, we are shoulder to shoulder, ready to rumble together.
post #248 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:39 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger300 View Post
Dang, I just realized my two grandkids that started hunting with me last year will not be able to hunt with me Saturday. They are their way home from Thanksgiving at the other Grandparents. Oh well, we don't need traditions like hunting with Grandpa.
Did the PGC say you can't hunt with the grandkids on Monday? Dang, I missed that in the release...
This is the attitude that irks me with this decision.

If it isnt a big deal to miss the opener then why did it have to be moved?

Again, I dont care. I have seem a lot of poor sport attitudes out of people that came out on the end of this decision that they wanted.
Mike M., TnT55 and ruger300 like this.

"Most people miss opportunity because it comes dressed in overalls, and looks like hard work"
post #249 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot1822 View Post
This is the attitude that irks me with this decision.

If it isnt a big deal to miss the opener then why did it have to be moved?

Again, I dont care. I have seem a lot of poor sport attitudes out of people that came out on the end of this decision that they wanted.
Please, let's be honest about attitudes from both sides of this discussion.

Before the change, several folks from the Monday crowd were more than happy to say "If you are not willing to prioritize your schedule to make the Monday opener, just wait till the first Saturday."

Just putting it out there that there are poor sport attitudes on both sides.
Buckethead, tdd and Mussgrass like this.
post #250 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:55 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Ha, ha, ha.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page