432Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:06 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cspot View Post
Yep. PA hunters hate change. This change will be just like the other changes over the years. Everyone is up in arms saying it is going to ruin hunting and a year or 2 later it is long forgotten and those fears never materialized.
So next year when the licenses continue to decrease. What changes are next to supposedly retain and attract hunters? When is time to say enough is enough and stop making changes. This is getting ridiculous. There are so many different seasons, it’s all getting confusing and just to much. Needs to be simplified.
Honestly, there has been changes since the second year the pgc existed! That first year they learned and made corrections and so on and so on and so on. Im sorry that this burst alot of hunters comfort bubble, but change happens everysingle second. Its unbelievable how many people are filling out hurt feelings reports about this! I truly hope that the complainers stomp there feet and wvae their arms and dont buy a license this year because they will be back. They didnt say turn in your guns and bullets, they said hey we cant get sundays away from the politicians so heres a third saturday, enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

This change was not made for the resource. This change was not made to allow college kids to hunt. This change was made because a couple legislators wanted it. Since the BOC term limits were changed from 1 Eight year term to unlimited 4 year terms, the politicians have been setting the BOC agenda. Just look at what they did to the semi for big game issue, the same thing was done here.
In my opinion the BOC does not have the best interest of hunters in mind. The over whelming response from hunters was that they wanted the opener to remain Monday. This is purely a social issue not a management or biological issue so they should have listened to the majority of what hunters wanted.

As for adding more days no hunters are against that if the resource can handle it. It is just when that time is applied that causes the problem.

In my opinion I believe that the resource can handle another week of antlered only hunting with no negative effect.

As for Sunday hunting I do not oppose it, but as long as the farm Bureau opposes it the politicians will not change the law to expand Sunday hunting. They will pay lip service to it & may have voted it out of committee but it wil not make it the full way.
bigguy54 and TnT55 like this.
post #183 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:12 PM
Sage

"Even the sponsor of the bill said that the earliest that it would take effect would be the 19-20 season. The bill still has a way to go before the PGC gets authority."

In case you don't know, Come July 1, 2019, we are in the 20019/20 season. I believe that would be about two and a half months!

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods walker View Post
"Even the sponsor of the bill said that the earliest that it would take effect would be the 19-20 season. The bill still has a way to go before the PGC gets authority."

In case you don't know, Come July 1, 2019, we are in the 20019/20 season. I believe that would be about two and a half months!
Brain fart. I meant the 20/21 season.

Traditions only last if you pass them down to your kids!
post #185 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepennsylvanian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank1969 View Post
I may have missed a post but has anyone seen the current lic is good to the end of June now. Isn't the vote on Sunday hunting done in June if so just in time to implement it when it passes.

And yes it will pass
if this passes, it wont be implemented right away as the seasons for next year were just voted in. At the very earliest it would be 20-21 season before we could see sundays!

Ok they why change the year ending date? For hunting license
Has been June first now July first u can't say that wasn't done for a reason and they vote and pas it then it can be put in for the 19/20 season if the license sales we're June 1 then it would be implemented the 20/21 season if passed in June
Just putting it out there for you all to think about
post #186 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:18 PM

Step #1, check.

Step #2 Sunday Hunting - on the way...

Looks like every one was wearing their hard hats today, when the sky fell, no one was seriously hurt...

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
post #187 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:20 PM

Woods u keep saying Saturday would never go.just stop and look how fast everything is going through lately. I'd say it is very likely to go. Saturday was done for many reasons and Sunday make total sense with a Saturday opener now. So we can just sit back and see. My money is on Sunday this year to
post #188 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:21 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Ok they why change the year ending date? For hunting license
Has been June first now July first u can't say that wasn't done for a reason and they vote and pas it then it can be put in for the 19/20 season if the license sales we're June 1 then it would be implemented the 20/21 season if passed in June
Just putting it out there for you all to think about
For hunting licenses the year end has been for a long time now June 30th. The new licenses are needed starting July 1. Licenses go on sale in mid June but are not valid until July.
JasonN likes this.
post #189 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
I may have missed a post but has anyone seen the current lic is good to the end of June now. Isn't the vote on Sunday hunting done in June if so just in time to implement it when it passes.

And yes it will pass

RIGHT NOW(APRIL 9th) is the time to flood your Representatives to expeditiously pass/move forward Senate Bill 147, which would empower the Game Commission to regulate Sunday hunting. Could happen as early as June per legislative calendar then on to Gov Wolf for approval.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member

Last edited by Loggy; 04-09-2019 at 07:32 PM. Reason: ....sp clean-up
post #190 of 333 (permalink) Old 04-09-2019, 07:27 PM
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M. View Post
This change was not made for the resource. This change was not made to allow college kids to hunt. This change was made because a couple legislators wanted it. Since the BOC term limits were changed from 1 Eight year term to unlimited 4 year terms, the politicians have been setting the BOC agenda. Just look at what they did to the semi for big game issue, the same thing was done here.
In my opinion the BOC does not have the best interest of hunters in mind. The over whelming response from hunters was that they wanted the opener to remain Monday. This is purely a social issue not a management or biological issue so they should have listened to the majority of what hunters wanted.

As for adding more days no hunters are against that if the resource can handle it. It is just when that time is applied that causes the problem.

In my opinion I believe that the resource can handle another week of antlered only hunting with no negative effect.

As for Sunday hunting I do not oppose it, but as long as the farm Bureau opposes it the politicians will not change the law to expand Sunday hunting. They will pay lip service to it & may have voted it out of committee but it wil not make it the full way.
That is your opinion, but youre flat out wrong. Honestly, what sense would it make to not make changes that protect and promote the resources..... come on

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page