100% for a ban on spotting. At least they need to limit it a lot more. Once any deer season opens it should be closed.
Last few years it's gotten a bit worse. No respect anymore. People could care less about houses or livestock. Wco use to patrol and ticket. No time anymore.
§ 2311. Restrictions on recreational spotlighting.
(a) Unlawful acts.--It is unlawful for any person to cast or to assist any other person in casting the rays of a spotlight, vehicle headlight or any other artificial light of any kind from any vehicle, watercraft, airborne craft or any attachment to such vehicles or crafts:
(1) Upon any building at any time.
(2) In any manner which frightens, excites or harasses any livestock, poultry or other farm animal.
(3) To search for or locate for any purpose any game or wildlife anywhere within this Commonwealth, other than specified in paragraph (4), daily between the hours of 11 p.m. and sunrise on the following day.
(4) To search for or locate for any purpose any game or wildlife anywhere within this Commonwealth at any time during the antlered deer rifle season and during the antlerless deer rifle season.
(5) Upon photoelectric cell lights.
The provisions of this subsection shall not apply if it is proven that the headlights of a vehicle or conveyance were being used while traveling on a roadway in the usual way.
(b) Penalty.--A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.
(June 28, 1993, P.L.178, No.37, eff. 60 days)