Spotting - Time to Outlaw? - Page 8 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 223Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianahunter View Post
100% for a ban on spotting. At least they need to limit it a lot more. Once any deer season opens it should be closed.

Last few years it's gotten a bit worse. No respect anymore. People could care less about houses or livestock. Wco use to patrol and ticket. No time anymore.

§ 2311. Restrictions on recreational spotlighting.

(a) Unlawful acts.--It is unlawful for any person to cast or to assist any other person in casting the rays of a spotlight, vehicle headlight or any other artificial light of any kind from any vehicle, watercraft, airborne craft or any attachment to such vehicles or crafts:

(1) Upon any building at any time.

(2) In any manner which frightens, excites or harasses any livestock, poultry or other farm animal.

(3) To search for or locate for any purpose any game or wildlife anywhere within this Commonwealth, other than specified in paragraph (4), daily between the hours of 11 p.m. and sunrise on the following day.

(4) To search for or locate for any purpose any game or wildlife anywhere within this Commonwealth at any time during the antlered deer rifle season and during the antlerless deer rifle season.

(5) Upon photoelectric cell lights.

The provisions of this subsection shall not apply if it is proven that the headlights of a vehicle or conveyance were being used while traveling on a roadway in the usual way.

(b) Penalty.--A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree.

(June 28, 1993, P.L.178, No.37, eff. 60 days)
jimbridger, bigguy54 and SRA-5C+ like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 12:59 PM

I think the PGC has enough people who are smart enough to determine if spotting has a negative impact. Since the PGC hasn't found the need to propose a change Im confident that spotting isnt a problem.

The people who are having problem's with people spotting illegally, and/or doing things illegal while spotting, need to contact the authorities and report the issues. We dont need to make more laws every time someone does something stupid.

Good luck, Tony
post #73 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:21 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Why spot where you can't hunt?
You don't enjoy seeing wildlife unless you can kill it? You spot because you enjoy seeing deer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 01:24 PM
WOL
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce View Post
I live on a pretty popular spotlighting rt.My house and field get lit up multiple times every night but I really never pay attention to it.It kinda boggles my mind how people can get so upset over things that really have no impact on their lives.
I yell at God when there's thunder. "Stop flashing those lights!!!", I scream.
post #75 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-05-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOL View Post
You don't enjoy seeing wildlife unless you can kill it? You spot because you enjoy seeing deer.
All those folks driving around Winslow hill aren’t going elk hunting there either. Just looking. Same as folks looking at deer. Except they’re bigger.
post #76 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338/378wm View Post
Totally laugh at this post. This is not Maine or Illinois yes, they are so much better than us or the dumb who disagree on good common sense stuff. Little guys crack me up. Teach them to hunt other than a spotlight. Take the little guy out in the woods and not the seat of the truck with a light in his hands as you subscribe to.. Teach him or her how to hunt and woodsman ship. I could cafe less about your horses as I hate horses. I do not want you or anybody else invading my property just because the current law says you can with a light. If you like or condone spotlighters on your property, fine. I choose to not have the intrusion on my property. I really feel bad for the guys that are teaching there children as far as your post about shining up in the trees and all over is acceptable.
It would figure that you hate horses. That says so much about you and confirms the suspicions I already held about you.

"A 30-30 is all you need. If you use a 30-06 you'll just hit a tree" -My Grandpa
post #77 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 08:43 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

All I hear about is Tradition and now ban Spotlighting? Bull.
jimbridger likes this.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #78 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 12:12 PM

Maine does have something correct... And they figured it out a long time ago, no deer drives and a ban on spotlighting. With a lot less hunting population. Sounds great to me.

UBP Life Member
Chasing in Special Reg's Areas
Sunday Hunting Supporter.
post #79 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRA-5C+ View Post
Maine does have something correct... And they figured it out a long time ago, no deer drives and a ban on spotlighting. With a lot less hunting population. Sounds great to me.
It's pretty obvious you don't know how to have a good time.
jimbridger likes this.

"A 30-30 is all you need. If you use a 30-06 you'll just hit a tree" -My Grandpa
post #80 of 154 (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 01:32 PM

I like using spotlighting as a tool to drive deer off private land to public land. Yes i am kidding but banning spotlight is a little petty.
jimbridger likes this.

4B

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page