Yes to semi auto's - Page 9 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:08 AM
Frequent Contributor

There is no such thing as too much freedom!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
rationale is a subjective thing isn’t it. I would call it irrational to continually defend something with a long list of possible downsides and no possible upside. Where it this case scenario is that things don’t get worse. And all to legalize a weapon who’s only unique benefit is also the thing that gives it the highest probability of causing problems.
It's only subjective to those that only have the subjective on their side of the issue.
A "long list of possible downsides" is rather meaningless when they can be proven improbable.
"No possible upside" is really a non sequitor when there is not a zero probability of "upside".
"Only unique benefit" also is a dishonest statement, as has been discussed and demonstrated.

Refusal to accept facts supported by evidence and data does not equal absence of facts/data.
I would call such a refusal the definition of irrationality.
Pleas post any upside that is more “probable” than the downsides.

Every so called “benefit” of a semi auto rifle can be duplicated in the currently legal manual actions. The only thing that comes close is ease of gaining a higher rate of fire. Although this can be nearly matched with some skill and practice. The SA simply offers it to all shooters. As mentioned earlier it’s only “strength” is a huge weakness.

There simply aren’t any facts to consider, admittedly on both sides. I will gladly give all due consideration to any FACT that proves the safety of semi auto center fire rifles when used for big game in PENNSYLVANIA.
post #83 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:42 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:

Every so called “benefit” of a semi auto rifle can be duplicated in the currently legal manual actions. The only thing that comes close is ease of gaining a higher rate of fire. Although this can be nearly matched with some skill and practice. The SA simply offers it to all shooters. As mentioned earlier it’s only “strength” is a huge weakness.

There simply aren’t any facts to consider, admittedly on both sides. I will gladly give all due consideration to any FACT that proves the safety of semi auto center fire rifles when used for big game in PENNSYLVANIA.
I don't believe you can duplicate the lower recoil built into most SA's that people want to use with other manual actions without changing the stock.
Waynzee likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:50 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:

From what I've seen on this post even if you had all the facts in front of you signed by the Governor and President you would still find a fault and argue the facts. Semi Autos are just as safe as any weapon made, that's a fact.
bohunr, bootmud and whil e kioti like this.
post #85 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
Quote:

I don't believe you can duplicate the lower recoil built into most SA's that people want to use with other manual actions without changing the stock.
There are nearly countless ways to reduce recoil in a manual action rifle most of which are cheaper than purchasing a new semi auto rifle of the same caliber.
post #86 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:51 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Increased recruitment and retention is more probable than any of your claimed downsides as supported by numbers everywhere it’s been done. Not claiming big numbers, just a non-zero number.

Quote:
Find me one manually operated rifle that offers the modularity, reduced weight and reduced recoil offered by an SA in the same caliber at a similar price point. Good luck finding that unicorn.

Quote:
Admitted by whom?
There’s plenty of facts and evidence confirming the safety of SA use on big game. Because said fact conflict with your personal viewpoint, you choose do dismiss them and declare them not applicable because the data was not obtained from PA. A false premise that defies all of accepted statistical and logical practices, all because of some yet to be explained visceral reaction.

All the facts have been laid out countless times over the course of these threads on the topic. Refusing to acknowledge them as facts lends continued credence to the thought that those opposed to SA are not approaching the subject from a rational, logical standing.
whil e kioti and Waynzee like this.
post #87 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:52 AM

there really isnt any good reason to allow anything other than a single shot for hunting.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
post #88 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynzee View Post
Semi Autos are just as safe as any weapon made, that's a fact.
that is a fact, I’ve never argued that. There a tool that can allow the unsafe to become more unsafe.
post #89 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:53 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
There are nearly countless ways to reduce recoil in a manual action rifle most of which are cheaper than purchasing a new semi auto rifle of the same caliber.
Any of those methods as effective? From a reduction standpoint without reducing muzzle velocity and energy?
Without adding weight or length?
post #90 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Quote:
Increased recruitment and retention is more probable than any of your claimed downsides as supported by numbers everywhere it’s been done. Not claiming big numbers, just a non-zero number.

Quote:
Find me one manually operated rifle that offers the modularity, reduced weight and reduced recoil offered by an SA in the same caliber at a similar price point. Good luck finding that unicorn.

Quote:
Admitted by whom?
There’s plenty of facts and evidence confirming the safety of SA use on big game. Because said fact conflict with your personal viewpoint, you choose do dismiss them and declare them not applicable because the data was not obtained from PA. A false premise that defies all of accepted statistical and logical practices, all because of some yet to be explained visceral reaction.

All the facts have been laid out countless times over the course of these threads on the topic. Refusing to acknowledge them as facts lends continued credence to the thought that those opposed to SA are not approaching the subject from a rational, logical standing.
I thought you were all about accurate data analysis. There are so many differences between the conditions in pa now and anyothete state that any comparison is useless.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page