Yes to semi auto's - Page 19 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 348Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #181 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:35 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If getting off two shots in a minute can be considered semi-automatic, I'd like to offer a vote for using flintlocks. The only problem with them now-a-days, is the price of those little knapped buggers!

5C, 2G, 3D, 5B Life NRA, Life PFSC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 07:43 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynzee View Post
Are there any good 5 round mags made for an AR? I haven't been looking for any so I don't know.
I picked up a couple of 5 rounders from Precision Firearms that work perfectly in my 5.56 coyote rifle as well as my .300 BLK. I havenít tried their 5 round 6.5 Grendel mags because I havenít built the rifle yet. Soon. Hopefully soon.
post #183 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 06:55 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karys View Post
I picked up a couple of 5 rounders from Precision Firearms that work perfectly in my 5.56 coyote rifle as well as my .300 BLK. I havenít tried their 5 round 6.5 Grendel mags because I havenít built the rifle yet. Soon. Hopefully soon.
Thanks just checked them out and made a note. Maybe I'll get a couple anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:10 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahack View Post
I found ten rounders for 5.56 and 300 BLK. If I have to, I will cut a piece of wood and get it in there to make it 5 rounds.,
They make 5 round limiters for the 10 round mags. I have a couple.
post #185 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 12:32 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootmud View Post
They make 5 round limiters for the 10 round mags. I have a couple.
I've tried them in PMags... hit or miss.. some create a 4 round mag at first, requiring some light sanding or filing of the insert. Some work great out of the pack, some bind.
I'm going to give the ACS mags mentioned above from Precision a try... but, I still believe going with a 5 round limit when SA is implemented is a mistake.

The only way to verify the capacity between a 5 round and a 10 round AR mag is by attempting to load them. Externally, they're exactly the same size. Will cause an enforcement nightmare.
post #186 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
I've tried them in PMags... hit or miss.. some create a 4 round mag at first, requiring some light sanding or filing of the insert. Some work great out of the pack, some bind.
I'm going to give the ACS mags mentioned above from Precision a try... but, I still believe going with a 5 round limit when SA is implemented is a mistake.

The only way to verify the capacity between a 5 round and a 10 round AR mag is by attempting to load them. Externally, they're exactly the same size. Will cause an enforcement nightmare.
If you are at the point with a game warden and they request you to count out your rounds to them, then I see no big deal doing it. You don't have to display your license either but you must present it when asked for. Its really no different. I was checked one day while getting out of my vehicle and he specifically wanted to validate I did not have a loaded firearm and directed me to do all the touching of my equipment from the gun and even to pulling my license out of its holder. Respect the guy and do as you are asked.
post #187 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 03:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
If you are at the point with a game warden and they request you to count out your rounds to them, then I see no big deal doing it. You don't have to display your license either but you must present it when asked for. Its really no different. I was checked one day while getting out of my vehicle and he specifically wanted to validate I did not have a loaded firearm and directed me to do all the touching of my equipment from the gun and even to pulling my license out of its holder. Respect the guy and do as you are asked.
Don't get me wrong, I have no issues interacting with Wardens.
My reasoning is that once SA is implemented, a lot of wasted effort could be avoided, and unnecessary interactions avoided, by going with a 10 round limit.. A simple glance at how far below or flush with the magwell is all it would take to see if someone was using a larger than 10 round mag...
Waynzee likes this.
post #188 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 03:14 PM
The Man

Anyone know what the fine is for using illegal ammo? non expandable FMJ.
blackpowder likes this.
post #189 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 03:20 PM

I have a beautiful Remington 750 35 whrlen carbine that the recoil is like a twenty gauge itís a pleasure to shoot , canít see why itís so bad to hunt with. Also if semi auto was to be used think about how many guys would go out and spend money for the local mom and pop gun stores just because they can now. If the law was changed maybe a browning bar in 7mm Remington just because or a 3006 Remington 750 for thick bear drives.
Waynzee likes this.
post #190 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-20-2019, 03:24 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Maple View Post
Anyone know what the fine is for using illegal ammo? non expandable FMJ.
All I can find is that possession or use of FMJ while hunting is a "5th degree summary offense".
And if you kill a deer with it, tack on a "3rd degree summary offense."
Can't find the typical fines/suspension periods for it....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page