Yes to semi auto's - Page 12 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 348Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #111 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:32 AM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: 5C & 3C
Posts: 812
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
double hunter density of the next state, immense popularity of SA rifles since the “ban” was enacted, deer drives and shooting running targets are the norm, no proposed caliber restrictions, no other state is even in the ball park.
PA has the highest hunter density per square mile, that is established as fact.
If hunter density was a factor in safety/shootings, PA should then have the highest rate of hunting related accidental shootings per hunter. Guess what, it doesn't.

All of your other above "factors" happen in other states too, unless you're again claiming PA hunters are unique in their misbehaviors, to which I'll again ask why and what makes PA hunters different in your mind? What is the cause?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
The odds of someone being shot in a hunting accident are extremely low. I’d like to keep it that way. Allowing the most unsafe to have an increased rate of fire does nothing to accomplish that goal.
Again, where is the EVIDENCE to support your hypothesis?
You know, there's a non-zero probability of almost anything happening, right?
Waynzee likes this.

Last edited by Wingatchtochwilsit; 03-14-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Wingatchtochwilsit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Regular Member
 
Cscott1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Butler
Posts: 2,310
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
yes and the most effective would be to buy the right gun that fits in the right caliber that you can handle and does what is needed with the right ammunition and in an action that is legal to hunt the intended species with.
Continued deflection.

Back to my question: Find me one manually operated rifle that offers the modularity, reduced weight and reduced recoil offered by an SA in the same caliber at a similar price point. Good luck finding that unicorn.

I can build a sub-MOA, 6.5lb, 16" barreled AR platform rifle (SBR) in 6.5grendel or 6.8SPC II for $500 before optics. It will have the same ballistics as a hot 270 load.
Find me a $500 270 that is as light, compact, adjustable and recoils as little using the same grain weight bullet pushed at the same muzzle velocity...

Or concede there is more than a rate of fire advantage.
that is a very specific rifle there, ok it offers benefits. That specific set of circumstances is an exception not a rule. And that rifle costs what to purchase? A build is not in the cards for most. You know the most common SA rifle that will hit the woods will be cheap off the shelf junk loaded with the cheapest ammo anyone can find.

On of the beautiful this here is we are not locked to any caliber. Pick the right one, don’t force change because you made a bad purchase. I wonder how smaller folks and kids managed to carry a rifle and shoot deer without separating their shoulder for the last several decades. Talk about deflection, there is a manufactured “need”.
Cscott1 is online now  
post #113 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:36 AM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: 5C & 3C
Posts: 812
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shed Antler View Post
No sarcasm. Absolutely you can't be free to do anything you want. You might need to re read some history.

Alchohol thing is to make a point not to compare it to Sunday hunting or semi automatics. It was alcohol and now its marijuana. Never enough!
We have have been hunting with rifles for decades now we need semi's . Everybody can't have what they want.
There has to be a line somewhere. Right?
Alchohol being legal has cost many people their freedom and lives and innocent lives. Has been the cause of the destruction of more families then anything. Yes you are free to drink as much alchohol as you like but at what cost ? Its legal but many many people can't handle it. It handles them.

Its why we have same sex marriage now. Its why we have 45 genders now. Because i want it my way attitude. Its affecting everything in our society.
You're confusing Freedom and Anarchy. No one here has advocated Anarchy.
With freedom comes responsibility and accountability.
It's not freedom when you have someone making choices for you.
Freedom can be "scary" sometimes.
Waynzee likes this.
Wingatchtochwilsit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #114 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa
 
Waynzee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: N.E. PA.
Posts: 449
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
double hunter density of the next state, immense popularity of SA rifles since the “ban” was enacted, deer drives and shooting running targets are the norm, no proposed caliber restrictions, no other state is even in the ball park.

The odds of someone being shot in a hunting accident are extremely low. I’d like to keep it that way. Allowing the most unsafe to have an increased rate of fire does nothing to accomplish that goal.
Nope, Wrong again, and here's why if and when PGC allow SA for big game hunting they will limit the magazine cap. to 5 rounds same as the Rem. 760 and the lever rifles.
As far as the unsafe what about the unsafe with the pump and lever rifles, no facts to your argument.
bohunr likes this.

Last edited by Waynzee; 03-14-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Waynzee is offline  
post #115 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: erie, pa
Posts: 11,926
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
ya great ideas, destroy oir way of hunting so you can use a different rifle

just trying to make the woods a safer place, shooting at running game places everyone in danger, especially during drives thru thickets.
Waynzee likes this.

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer
bohunr is offline  
post #116 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Regular Member
 
Cscott1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Butler
Posts: 2,310
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
there is no way to make anyone 100% safe no matter what they are doing at any given time. this includes driving. the only major safety feature during anything is using your brain.


other people in other states have no problems with their hunters using SA rifles for big game. but for some reason you are stuck on your perception that hunters in PA are more unsafe than any other State in America.
driving is a great example. Why do we have speed limits? Why wouldn’t everybody just drive at the proper safe speed for the situation? Some certainly would and never be a problem, but if allowed some would push the limits of traction on a daily basis. Rule aren’t created for the ones who do it right.
Cscott1 is online now  
post #117 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Regular Member
 
Cscott1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Butler
Posts: 2,310
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
ya great ideas, destroy oir way of hunting so you can use a different rifle

just trying to make the woods a safer place, shooting at running game places everyone in danger, especially during drives thru thickets.
sure does and it will be compounded when some are allowed to mindless pull a trigger.
Cscott1 is online now  
post #118 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:42 AM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: 5C & 3C
Posts: 812
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
that is a very specific rifle there, ok it offers benefits. That specific set of circumstances is an exception not a rule. And that rifle costs what to purchase? A build is not in the cards for most. You know the most common SA rifle that will hit the woods will be cheap off the shelf junk loaded with the cheapest ammo anyone can find.
Just one example of hundreds of possibilities. Off-the-shelf versions would be about $750... same price as any mid-quality bolt gun.
And no, you are assuming hunters would flock to cheap junk and ammo. (Again speaks to your opinion of PA hunters.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
On of the beautiful this here is we are not locked to any caliber. Pick the right one, don’t force change because you made a bad purchase. I wonder how smaller folks and kids managed to carry a rifle and shoot deer without separating their shoulder for the last several decades. Talk about deflection, there is a manufactured “need”.
Never claimed this is about needs. It's about affording everyone a choice among expanded options that may better suit them.
You are manufacturing conditions.
whil e kioti and Waynzee like this.
Wingatchtochwilsit is offline  
post #119 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:46 AM
Frequent Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: 5C & 3C
Posts: 812
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
sure does and it will be compounded when some are allowed to mindless pull a trigger.
So deer drives and shooting at running deer has only ever occurred within the borders of PA in all of recorded US history... ok then..
Wingatchtochwilsit is offline  
post #120 of 198 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 10:47 AM
Regular Member
 
Cscott1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Butler
Posts: 2,310
Back To Top
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waynzee View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscott1 View Post
double hunter density of the next state, immense popularity of SA rifles since the “ban” was enacted, deer drives and shooting running targets are the norm, no proposed caliber restrictions, no other state is even in the ball park.

The odds of someone being shot in a hunting accident are extremely low. I’d like to keep it that way. Allowing the most unsafe to have an increased rate of fire does nothing to accomplish that goal.
Nope, Wrong again, and here's why if and when PGC allow SA for big game hunting they will limit the magazine cap. to 5 rounds same as the Rem. 760 and the lever rifles.
As far as the unsafe what about the unsafe with the pump and lever rifles, no facts to your argument.
nope no facts. You have none either, except the originally proposed mag limit. The guys who shoot the pumps and levers like they are in an episode of the rifleman shoot them because they are faster than bolt guns. And semi auto will allow most of them to become faster and more erratic.
Cscott1 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome