No to Semi Auto's - Page 36 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 569Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #351 of 356 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:49 PM
The Man

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken66 View Post
I have shot them and Do Not want to see them in the pa woods, what can they do better than you typical rifle, itís just a Iím a Bada$&!!!! If Iím carrying one
LOL

..they are already in the PA woods...Since July 1, 2018....
bohunr likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #352 of 356 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 01:54 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
I wonder if half the people on these threads about semi-autos have ever shot one. That should be a requirement before you can debate any of it.
Agree..
..shooting them at targets....and shooting them while HUNTING is totally different...
post #353 of 356 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 03:42 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
That doesn't do anything to reduce recoil other than a small amount of added weight...
It's a rigid, adjustable setup for precision shooting. Would make a nice long-range hunting setup for the bench crowd though...
But yeah, it's black, has a pistol grip, so I'm sure it'll scare some...
That gun and stock can have a buffer tube which normally houses a weight and recoil spring which is where it gets reduced just like any ar15.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #354 of 356 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 04:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
That gun and stock can have a buffer tube which normally houses a weight and recoil spring which is where it gets reduced just like any ar15.
Ummm... ok?
But it's a bolt action, so putting an AR stock and buffer assembly on it accomplishes nothing, since the bolt doesn't reciprocate into said buffer system under recoil, therefore would serve no purpose whatsoever...
Semi-Automatics reduce recoil by means of reciprocating mass (IE, the Bolt/Carrier Assembly)
What you've stated above is not possible with a bolt action, as they remain fixed and locked into the barrel extension for the entire firing cycle...

Edit: Here's a video showing a cutaway view of an AR's function, I think it explains why adding an AR stock and buffer assembly to that Remington Chassis rifle won't do squat: (And yes, I know they goofed in the video, the safety selector cannot move with the hammer uncocked.) http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...imation-video/

Last edited by Wingatchtochwilsit; 03-22-2019 at 04:20 PM.
post #355 of 356 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 07:32 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingatchtochwilsit View Post
Ummm... ok?
But it's a bolt action, so putting an AR stock and buffer assembly on it accomplishes nothing, since the bolt doesn't reciprocate into said buffer system under recoil, therefore would serve no purpose whatsoever...
Semi-Automatics reduce recoil by means of reciprocating mass (IE, the Bolt/Carrier Assembly)
What you've stated above is not possible with a bolt action, as they remain fixed and locked into the barrel extension for the entire firing cycle...

Edit: Here's a video showing a cutaway view of an AR's function, I think it explains why adding an AR stock and buffer assembly to that Remington Chassis rifle won't do squat: (And yes, I know they goofed in the video, the safety selector cannot move with the hammer uncocked.) How an AR15 Works ? Cool 3D Cutaway Animation Video ę Daily Bulletin
Ahh, you are correct. Other than adding telescopic adjustment for length it should not do much. Unless some recoil is fed through the lower receiver where it attaches. Saber does make an M700 in this configuration.
post #356 of 356 (permalink) Old 03-22-2019, 08:05 PM
Part of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad primer View Post
I am amazed that any sportsman would be against ANY type of firearm.

we need to know that any weapon of choice......... came FROM military use.
Best post...imo!!!
bohunr and Pahack like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page