Albino deer killed illegally with a Pellet gun - Page 3 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofstater View Post
A few years ago in Blair county there was a spree like that going on. Sad, but it consisted of 2 different high school groups having a competition between schools of who could kill the most deer in a night. They finally got caught. I pretty well figured something like this happened a few years a go in my area of some young idiots riding around in a back of a truck. My neighbor told me about it and I seen them riding around a few times but didn't see them doing anything illegal. That year I took one of my few bucks ever with a flintlock. When I skinned it out it was shot in the hind qtr. with a 22 all green inside. Couldn't prove who did it but kind of figured.
In our area this crap happens all the time. A few years a go a group of young people kept targeting a set of fields using a spotlight and just letting the deer lay after they shot them. If my memory servers me right it was in the high twenties i believe that the PGC was aware of. They eventually got caught. The following year the same group of young people hitting the same fields were caught yet again shooting and letting them lay. Find deer all the time with heads cutoff. Remote areas short handed with WCO's, and crossbows, its pretty easy to poach without getting caught. Most poachers cant keep their mouth shut or like to post stuff on social media. Someone will slip up with this albino one.
outofstater likes this.

4B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:28 PM

Thanks Dick I found the problem. Like post on the big game side of the house is where I was playing. Seen this and jumped to a conclusion. I need a beer. Waugh!
Bigbrownie likes this.

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
Thanks Dick I found the problem. Like post on the big game side of the house is where I was playing. Seen this and jumped to a conclusion. I need a beer. Waugh!
Yes have a beer and relax, you are still in good standing on HPA as near as I can tell.

Dick Bodenhorn
jimbridger likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 12:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Can you imagine how bad this type of thing will be with Sunday hunting? People will be using pellet guns to illegally shooting albino deer all across the state.
browtine64 likes this.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.

Last edited by RyanR; 02-12-2019 at 12:17 PM.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 02:47 PM

I am convinced that the SOB's that do this kind of crap are not right in the head! For anyone to go out and ride around and just shoot deer for fun just to let them lay and rot is seriously disturbed. These people like the pleasure of killing and they obviously don't respect wildlife or life in general. These are the types of people that turn into serial (human) killers and/or sexual predators. Hope they get caught, their names released, and get the maximum sentence.
Right to Bear likes this.

“Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” C.S. Lewis
NRA, UBP, NWTF MEMBER
WCO David Grove, LODD 11/11/10
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 04:30 PM
dce

Some people just have a sickness where they have to kill every deer they see.I used to live in a private residential community that was loaded with deer.I remember one year when the maintenance guys picked up over 20 bucks with their heads cut off.It was well known who was doing it but they never got caught.It stopped the year most of them graduated from high school and went off to college or the military.
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 05:35 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I found two on my property shot and left. Two very nice does would of been a lot of nice steaks were left in the field for no reason.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:20 PM
dap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbridger View Post
I'll buy you that beer. What's your preference?
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dap View Post
I'll buy you that beer. What's your preference?

Ice cold. Waugh!

AR is only a pacifier.You will never grow if it's not in your genes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page