Just my 2cents... - Page 5 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 02:08 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

To those who say they can't understand why someone would say "it's not all about deer hunting" , I know exactly what they are talking about. If you hunt long enough, eventually your grandfathers won't be there anymore. Then your uncles and fathers, cousins and best friends. Our time on this earth is short. Eventually you look around and see there actually is more to it than just hunting deer. Always loved it, always will. But there is more. So, so much more than hunting itself. Savor each hunting season while you can, because the time will come for all when it will be a wonderful memory you have left.
DennyF, bohunr, USAF_SP and 5 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 02:55 PM

While I`m not a big fan of a Saturday opener, I would like to keep it on Monday, but if they want to add a couple of extra days to the season, rather than take away a Saturday from the small gamers, they should add 2 Sundays to the season. Start Monday and run it concurrent for 2 weeks, that would be 14 days rather than 12 and 2 good week ends to hunt.
bohunr and flintlock hunter like this.

If you don`t stand behind our Troops,
Please feel free to stand in front of them....
post #43 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMackanick View Post
I hunt a gamelands area and state forest that has camps bordering it in south central PA. Here is the part that I don't get on the going to camp viewpoint. Maybe it is just down here, but I took a good notice of how many of those camps were empty for the entire hunting season and especially for the rifle opener. I hunt archery in this area quite a bit and to be honest at least down here, I can't say those traditions even exist from what I can see by the empty camps both before and during rifle season. I was afraid of rifle season that there would be a lot of people out with those camps near by, but it is definitely not the case.

those traditions existed before the HR efforts crushed the deer herd in those areas.

and if anyone really wants to see people scream about leaving traditions alone. just add Inlines to the after Christmas flintlock season, people need tranquilizers when you bring that up

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com
go here click on the pink square, beat breast cancer

Last edited by bohunr; 02-06-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohunr View Post
those traditions existed before the HR efforts crushed the deer herd in those areas.

and if anyone really wants to see people scream about leaving traditions alone. just add Inlines to the after Christmas flintlock season, people need tranquilizers when you bring that up
Would absolutely love to see inlines after Christmas. that would be a great hunt. Cant wait for when a late season muzzy happens after Christmas.
bohunr likes this.
post #45 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Sage

Ya just can't help yourself can you?
bohunr and Dogface like this.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #46 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 05:21 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white hunter View Post
Change has been among us, and it will continue . Nothing ever stays the same!

You said a mouthfull!

I cant wait to see, hear, and watch all the jumping up and down should they decide to leave the season open rather than close it untill after Christmas!!!!

Anyone hear if that one comes up next year?
Woods walker likes this.

Heaven has a gate, walls, and strict immigration policy.... enough said.
post #47 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 07:01 PM

I help myself all day long when I wake up every morning. God willing I always want to wake up LOL. As long as I do all I want to do is have opportunity to have fun and hunt. I love all the new opportunities the PGC are providing. Going to be great to have new expanded opportunities with all these new proposals if they are passed.
whil e kioti likes this.
post #48 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-06-2019, 07:07 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycomingflyfisher View Post
Anyone find it laughable that the post promotes supporting the local economy of Marienville, but you stop at WALMART and buy all your supplies for the week! I understand traditions as far as how that weekend is spent will change for many but it provides another day to hunt that many will not have to take off work to enjoy. I agree that this may cause less money to be spent in the small town hardware stores/ convenience stores that really depend on these events annually.
I think this is how most of these people think, just because they bought something at a Walmart on the way to their camp, their helping out the local economy.

There are very very few, if any businesses left in deer camp country that rely on the camps to make their year. That buisness model went the way of the dodo about 20 years ago. If their can’t make a profit when the camps are empty, they won’t survive.
post #49 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 08:16 AM

Another day of deer hunting, and some aren't happy about it. The "why" has nothing to do with deer hunting, only the activities surrounding deer season.

But the folks in favor of the extra day, which benefits everyone, are the selfish ones?
Buckethead, Strut10 and zjheeter like this.

2 weeks of rifle season is ruining the flintlock season
post #50 of 67 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxrunner View Post
We also try to do that as much as we can. A lot of our items were bought at Bachman's right in the town of Marienville it has since burned down. As far as the other businesses, gas station hardware store lumber store they get all of our business while we're there.
As of now I am indifferent on a Saturday opener...however if and when Sunday hunting is happening...that will be a game changer...I do understand your desire to leave this issue as is...but IMO...your reasoning is a little off...won't these businesses still receive your business...just at a different time of year?

Only fools fight in a burning house...Day of the dove

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page